- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -
www.mast-victims.org forum / General discussion / The Swiss TNO Replica "Study"
Agnes
# Posted: 7 Jun 2006 02:56

UMTS Base Station-Like Exposure, Well Being and Cognitive Performance

Results: In both groups, well being and perceived field strength were not associated with actual exposure levels. We observed no consistent condition-induced changes in cognitive performance except for two marginal effects. At 10 V/m, we observed a slight effect on speed
in one of six tasks in the sensitive subjects and an effect on accuracy in another task in non-sensitive subjects.
Both effects disappeared after multiple endpoint adjustment.

Conclusions:
In contrast to a recent Dutch study, we could not confirm a short-term effect of UMTS base station-like exposure on well being.
The reported effects on brain functioning were marginal and may have occurred by chance.
Peak spatial absorption in brain tissue was considerably smaller than during usage of a mobile phone.
No conclusions can be drawn regarding short term-effects of cell phone exposure or the effects of long-term base station-like exposure on
human health.
Read the report: http://www.ehponline.org/members/2006/8934/8934.pdf

Now take a look at the "Swiss Research Foundation on Mobile Communication" who hosted the "study"!

http://www.mobile-research.ethz.ch/english/projekte_e.htm

And then a lot more interesting:

Look at the founders and the sponsors of the "Swiss Research Foundation on Mobile Communication"

http://www.mobile-research.ethz.ch/english/sponsoring_e.htm
http://www.orange.ch/vrtmobilephones
http://www.sunrise.ch/index.htm
http://www.swisscom.com/GHQ/content/homepage.htm?lang=en

What a creepy lot! Independent study: Sure, what do YOU think?

Anonymous
# Posted: 5 Jul 2006 17:05

Hello,

read my comments on:
http://www.milieuziektes.nl/Pagina112e.html

Greetings,
Charles Claessens
member Verband Baubiologie
www.milieuziektes.nl
www.milieuziektes.be
www.hetbitje.nl
checked by Norton Antivirus

Sylvie
# Posted: 28 Jul 2006 04:39

June 29th 2006 "guinea pigs" of the false Swiss replication of TNO talk !

http://www.alerte.ch/publications/k-tipp-tno.php

"I was taken giddinesses" K-Tipp No 12 of June 14, 2006
The new study does not prove that 3G radiation is harmless.

"No effects short-term on the wellbeing", known as new Swiss study 3G.

Participants in the study think they lived the opposite. For the industry of the mobile phone, the results of the investigation which were published on June 6th, were a good chance. The SICTA, association of the operators, exultes : "The study does not find any indication about disorders of the wellbeing with the signals of 3G". From now on, the requests of the blocked projects for masts should immediately be raised. What the SICTA did not say and what was also treated in less importance in some articles of newspapers: the study of three Swiss researchers gives only indications on short-term loads. Because the people tested were only exposed during 45 minutes with 3G radiation in a laboratory and then they were questioned on their wellbeing. But actually, the 3G masts emit radiations 24 hours a day. In the laboratory, the 117 participants in the experiment were to solve tasks with the computer during 45 minutes and to thus prove their "cognitive functions". Once, there no was radiation, once it was assembled to 1 Volt/meter (1 V/m), once to 10 V/m (the limiting value accounts for 6 V/m). The participants in the experiment did not know if there was a radiation and with which intensity. At the time of the plays of spirit, no or few significant differences were noted. However, about the wellbeing, of the effects were waited. Because the Swiss study was interpreted like the so-called counterpart of Dutch study TNO published in the year 2003; the latter had noted a reduction in the wellbeing. A minority felt symptoms In Switzerland, it was not the case. "No negative effect of radiation 3G on the wellbeing could be noted", write the researchers having taken share being studied.

To a sharp contrast a declaration of a man is placed who was one of the people tested: "I was taken giddinesses, I would have almost fallen from my chair. But I held out and I succeeded in solving the tasks on the computer". And: "I could not have driven a car, I felt like drunk. When I returned to the house, my wife said to me that I was white and that I seemed to be badly. The next day, I had headache and tooth aches".

And the participant in the study Armin Furrer de Ausserberg VS pays: "After the experiment I felt bad for several hours".

For the chief of the project Peter Achermann of the university of Zürich, these experiments are not a contradiction compared to the general result of the study, according to which "no effect" was to be noted. "We must retain that some people on the unit spoke occasionally about the symptoms (mainly weak)". In fact "correct isolated data", but "because of the results of all the participants in the study, could not compare with the intensity of the electric field".

And Ackermann insists: "The large majority of the people having taken part in the study speaks about no or few symptoms". The opposite conclusion is then allowed: A minority evoked symptoms. Thus the principal declaration of the study ("no effect") is to be strongly relativized. Provision of the study very far away from reality From criticisms produce other arguments: The participants were exposed to the radiation with a signal of 3G control, it did not contain any transmission of communications. "Such a situation can occur for example very early in the morning", write the researchers. Actually, the signals emitted by the masts are stronger, more complex and more problems from the point of view of health. The provision of the study is then very far from reality. The masts emit 24 hours a day rays Lothar Geppert of the organization for the environment "Diagnosis-Funk" studies the scientific literature on the subject in an intensive way. "Each month, three to seven studies on the high frequency radiation appear in the world. 75 percent of these studies find an influence on health like p. e.g. a damaged genetic inheritance, sleep disorders and a fall of the level of the mélatonine". The masts emit 24 hours a day ; not only 45 minutes as in the study. Even the researchers acknowledge: "The absence of short-term effects does not represent any proof of the long-term harmlessness of 3G radiation". This is why it is clear for the organization "doctors in favour of the environment": "We always require a moratorium concerning the extension continues infrastructure of mobile telephony". The communal council inhabitant of Zurich proved that technology 3G frightens also the politics, and this exactly the day when the Swiss study was published: In spite of the negative results of the study, it requested the government to examine, by means of a postulate, a stop of the construction (moratory) of 3G masts.

Sylvie
# Posted: 28 Jul 2006 04:41

Association Romande pour la non-prolifération d'Antennes de téléphonie mobile Case postale 17 CH-1454 L'Auberson

CCP 17-776 638-1 ara@alerte.ch <mailto:ara@alerte.ch>

http://www.alerte.ch/publications/k-tipp-tno.php
« J'ai été pris de vertiges » K-Tipp No 12 du 14 juin 2006
La nouvelle étude ne prouve pas que le rayonnement UMTS est inoffensif.

« Pas d'effets à court terme sur le bien-être », dit la nouvelle étude suisse UMTS.

Des participants à l'étude ont vécu le contraire. Pour l'industrie du téléphone mobile, les résultats de l'enquête qui ont été publiés le 6 juin, ont été une bonne aubaine. La SICTA, association des opérateurs, exulte : « L'étude ne trouve aucune indication au sujet de troubles du bien-être lors de signaux UMTS ». Désormais, les demandes du permis de construire d'antennes bloquées devraient être tout de suite levées. Ce que la SICTA n'a pas dit et ce qui a aussi été traité en moindre importance dans quelques articles de journaux : l'étude de trois chercheurs suisses ne donne que des indications sur des charges à court terme. Car les personnes testées ont été exposées seulement pendant 45 minutes à un rayonnement UMTS dans un laboratoire et ensuite elles ont été interrogées sur leur bien-être. Mais en réalité, les antennes UMTS émettent des rayons 24 heures sur 24. Dans le laboratoire, les 117 participants à l'expérience devaient résoudre des tâches à l'ordinateur pendant 45 minutes et ainsi prouver leurs « fonctions cognitives ». Une fois, il n'y a pas eu de rayonnement, une fois il s'est monté à 1 Volt/mètre (1 V/m), une fois à 10 V/m (la valeur limite se situe à 6 V/m). Les participants à l'expérience ne savaient pas s'il y avait un rayonnement et à quelle intensité. Lors des jeux d'esprit, aucune ou peu de différences significatives ont été constatées. Cependant, au sujet du bien-être, des effets étaient attendus. Car l'étude suisse était interprétée comme la soi-disant réplique de l'étude hollandaise TNO parue en l'an 2003; cette dernière avait constaté une diminution du bien-être. Une minorité a ressenti des symptômes En Suisse, ce n'était pas le cas. « Aucun effet négatif du rayonnement UMTS sur le bien-être n'a pu être constaté », écrivent les chercheurs ayant pris part à l'étude. A un vif contraste se place une déclaration d'un homme qui était une des personnes testées : « J'ai été pris de vertiges, je serais presque tombé de ma chaise. Mais j'ai tenu le coup et j'ai réussi à résoudre les tâches sur l'ordinateur ». Et : « Je n'aurais plus pu conduire une voiture, je me sentais comme saoul. Lorsque je suis rentré à la maison, ma femme m'a dit que j'étais blanc comme un linge et que j'avais l'air d'aller mal. Le jour suivant, j'avais la migraine et des maux de dents ». Et le participant à l'étude Armin Furrer de Ausserberg VS rapporte : « Après l'expérience je me suis senti mal pendant des heures ». Pour le chef du projet Peter Achermann de l'université de Zürich, ces expériences ne sont pas une contradiction par rapport au résultat général de l'étude, d'après lequel « aucun effet » n'était à constater. « Nous devons retenir que quelques personnes sur l'ensemble ont parlé occasionnellement des symptômes (la plupart faibles) ». C'étaient des « données isolées correctes », mais qui « en raison des résultats de tous les participants à l'étude, ne pouvaient être mises en relation avec l'intensité du champ électrique ». Et Ackermann insiste : « La grande majorité des personnes ayant participé à l'étude ne parle d'aucun ou de peu de symptômes ». La conclusion inverse est alors permise : Une minorité a évoqué des symptômes. Ainsi la déclaration principale de l'étude (« aucun effet ») est à relativiser fortement. Disposition de l'étude très éloignée de la réalité Des critiques produisent d'autres arguments : Les participants ont été exposés aux rayons avec un signal de contrôle UMTS ne contenant aucune transmission de communications. « Une telle situation peut survenir par exemple de très bonne heure », écrivent les chercheurs. En réalité, les signaux émis par les antennes sont plus forts, plus complexes et plus problématiques du point de vue de la santé. La disposition de l'étude est alors très loin de la réalité. Les antennes émettent des rayons 24 heures sur 24 Lothar Geppert de l'organisation pour l'environnement « Diagnose-Funk » étudie la littérature scientifique sur le sujet de manière intensive. « Chaque mois, trois à sept études sur le rayonnement à haute fréquence apparaissent dans le monde. 75 pourcent de ces études trouvent une influence sur la santé comme p. ex. un patrimoine héréditaire endommagé, des troubles du sommeil et une baisse du niveau de la mélatonine ». Les antennes émettent des rayons 24 heures sur 24 – pas seulement 45 minutes comme dans l'étude. Même les chercheurs avouent : « L'absence d'effets à court terme ne représente aucune preuve de l'innocuité à long terme du rayonnement UMTS ». C'est pourquoi il est clair pour l'organisation « médecins en faveur de l'environnement » : « Nous exigeons toujours un moratoire concernant l'extension continue de l'infrastructure de la téléphonie mobile ». Le conseil communal zurichois a prouvé que la technologie UMTS apeure aussi les politiciens, et ceci exactement le jour où l'étude suisse a été publiée : Malgré le résultat négatif de l'étude, il a prié le gouvernement d'examiner, au moyen d'un postulat, un arrêt de la construction (moratoire) des antennes UMTS.

Association Romande pour la non-prolifération d'Antennes de téléphonie mobile
Case postale 17 CH-1454 L'Auberson
CCP 17-776 638-1 ara@alerte.ch <mailto:ara@alerte.ch>

Anonymous
# Posted: 2 Oct 2006 15:55

Hello,

the german issue of *het bitje* September 2006 gives an excellent review why and how this ETH study was manipulated from start to end.

See: http://www.hetbitje.nl/bitjeD2609h.pdf

The first row of the issues are in dutch
The second are in german.
The third row are in english.

Charles Claessens
www.milieuziektes.nl

Timur
# Posted: 23 Mar 2007 23:49

Great work i think it was really hard to make your site.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
You can post anonymously by entering a nickname with no password (if that nickname has not been taken by another member) or by leaving both fields empty. If you have an account you can also log in from this page without posting a message.

These forums are running on open source forum script miniBB™ © 2001-2024