- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -
www.mast-victims.org forum / Health / Scientific arguments to prove immidiate application of precautionry principle measure
. 1 . 2 . >>
Agnes
# Posted: 27 Sep 2006 03:04

SCIENTIFIC ARGUMENTS TO PROVE IMMEDIATE APPLICATION OF PRECAUTIONARY PRINCIPLE MEASURES AGAINST MOBIL PHONE.

By

Roger SANTINI

Doctor ès-sciences
Member of Bioelectromagnetics Society (USA)

INTRODUCTION

Millions of people are using mobile cell phones and hundreds of thousands of base stations antennas generate microwaves (ultra high frequencies) pulsed in low frequencies to make those phones work. Even though official studies say there is no danger in this new technology, the following text presents scientific arguments, which are in opposition and emphasize its harmfulness to health.

N.B. Some of the scientific arguments brought-up in this text have been presented in a paper at the 26th international meeting of Bio electromagnetic Society in Washington D.C.
(R. Santini. The reason for applying the precautionary principle against mobile phone base stations – Abstract book. 2004. Pages 293-294).

Many factors are likely to influence the exposure level to pulsed microwaves near to base station sitings and particularly:
- distance to transmitting sources;
- whether you are located within or outside the main beam emitting from ultra-high frequency
- transmitters"
- the presence of passive relay transmitters made of metallic structures (outside shutters of windows, garage doors, flight of stairs), which can magnify the density of microwaves electrical field at the measuring point (INERIS report, December 2003, p. 22);
- fluctuation of power transmitted by base stations due to the quantity of phones communicating and processed by those;
- presence of other magnetic sources in the environment;
- Operators modifications of antennas quantity and characteristics of a base station
- (R. Santini. Les téléphones cellulaires et leur station relais : Risques pour la santé ? La Presse médicale. 1999 – 28 : 1884 – 18886 – R. Santini et coll. Danger des téléphones cellulaires et de leurs stations relais. Pathol. Biologie. 2000. 48 : 525-528).

In the same way, the phone users’ exposure level is likely to change with :
- length of communication;
- the use, or not, of head phone kit keeping the phone antenna away from the head;
- the user’s age (children’s greater sensitivity due to higher pulsed microwaves penetration);
- technical characteristics of the used device, …
- Phone used in poor transmission conditions in basements, in raining conditions, in fog, …
- (R. Santini et Coll. Electric fields from 900 MHz digital cellular telephones.
- Bio electromagnetic´s . 20th meeting. Florida. Abstract book. 1998. Pages 95-96).

SCIENTIFIC ARGUMENTS

Many scientific arguments can be put forward to prove the immediate application of the precautionary principle against mobile and cell phone’s base stations and in particular :

1. The chronic exposure to microwaves is responsible for biological effects.

The microwave syndrome (EHS) or radiofrequency sickness has been described since 1960. A recent publication (1) specifies that this pathology is linked to chronic exposure at pulsed very high frequencies, similar to those generated by cell phone technology.

This technology is typical by :
- Asthenic syndrome (tiredness, irritation, nausea, headache, anorexia, nervous breakdown, depression);
- cardiovascular dystonic syndrome (bradycardy, tachicardy, hyper or hypotension);
- diencephalic syndrome (sleepiness, insomnia, mind concentration problem)

One associates also dermographisme (cutaneous allergy, eczema, psoriasis), modification in sanguine formula, disturbance in EEG and in reproduction, interference in sense organs and tumour.

N.B. Similar symptoms to those described here above of microwave syndromes are
highlighted in residents who are neighbours of mobile phone antennas, and or users of mobile phones (see below).

2. Exposure to a mobile cell phone produces biological effects

2.1. Non specific disorders determine the “microwave’s syndrome”:

A Sweden/Norway a study from M. Sandström et al. put a highlight on relation between the quantity, the amount of time used on phone calls and the increase of complaints like cephalgia, tiredness, heat on ear sensation (2). A French survey led by R. Santini et al. also relates to a significant increased rate of complaint’s revealed during communication (ear tingling, discomfort feeling, heat on ear), in relation to time spent (more than 2 minutes) and the number of calls per day (more than 2). Besides, this study emphasizes that women experience greater sensitivity for sleeping problems (3) .
Other effects from cell phone were observed in men :
- sleeping alteration and blood pressure;
- increase of headache,…

2.2. REFLEX report in European Union – 200 :

European Union, Switzerland and Finland funded the study. Twelve laboratories have investigated, results of double blind experiments, on human and animal cell DNA exposed to ELF (50 Hz) and to mobile phone RF (1800 MHz pulsed or not at 217 Hz). TAS for mobile phone was 0,3 t 1 W/kg – so below 2W/kg limit recommended by ICNIRP.

In December 2004, Prof. Franz Adlkofer, program coordinator presented the results. Mainly :
Electromagnetic fields generated by mobile telephones cause DNA breaks and increase chromosome aberrations in some exposure conditions of energy and duration
http://www.itis.ethz.ch/downloads/REFLEX Final%20Report 171104.pdf
http://www.next-up.org/pdf/pr_adlkofer_correspondance_reflex_icnirp.pd f

Answer from Prof Adlkofer for what concerns ICNIRP position on the REFLEX study.

2.3. Cell phones and brain tumours / “INTERPHONE” European study – 2006 :

- In 2003, a Swedish research, of 1617 patients showed an significant increase of astrocytome risk for analogical, digital and cordless phone users (L. Hardell et al. Further aspects on cellular and cordless telephones and brain tumour. Int. J. Oncology. 2003.22 : 399-407).

- In 2004, another Swedish study, of 752 persons reported an increase of acoustic neuroma (more than x 3,9) on the side of the head where the phone was held, and after use of a mobile phone for more than 10 years (S. Lonn et al. Mobile phone use and the risk of acoustic neuroma. Epidemiology. 2004. 15 : 653 – 659).

- In 2006, and in the INTERPHONE European study domain, an English issue (S.J. Hepworth et al. Mobile phone study. Mobile phone use and risk of glioma in adults : case control study. BMJ Online Firsth, 20th January 2006) did not find any significant effect of brain tumour. In the opposite, a German study ( J. Schüz et al. Cellular phones, cordless phones and the risk of glioma and meningioma. Am. J. Epidemiol. 2006. Online ISSN 1476 – 6256) highlighted an increase of (2,2 x more) for glioma in phone users after 10 years of use.

- In 2006, L. Hardell et al. (L. Hardell et al. Pooled analysis of two case-control studies on the use of cellular and cordless telephones and the risk of malignant brain tumours, diagnosed in 1997 – 2003. Int. Arch. Occup. Environ. Health. 2006. – PubMed. PMID/16541280) Published a synthetic study showing a significant increased risk of acoustic nerve tumour for users of cell and cordless phones, after 10 years of utilization.

3. Biological effects are reported by residents in the proximity of mobile phone base stations and television senders.

3.1. For residents in the proximity of mobile phone base stations :

3.1.1. R. Santini results :

The first study issue is a French one. Published in 2001 by R. Santini in a French scientific journal (La Presse médicale), it’s based on 530 residents, neighbours to antennas.(4). It highlighted an significant increase of complaints up to an distance of :
- 100 m for irritability, depressive tendency, memory loss, problems with
concentration, dizziness.
- 200 m for headache, sleeping disorder, discomfort, skin problems.
- 300 m for fatigue.

The obtained results also show a greater sensitivity of women, and people older than 60 years and emphasize a greater harmfulness for a position in front of antennas (5).

N.B. Some further results obtained in R. Santini study have been published in 2002 and 2003 in another French scientific paper (Pathologie Biologie) :

- R. Santini et al. Enquête sur la santé de riverains de stations relais de téléphonie mobile : I / Incidences de la distance et du sexe. Pathol. Biol. 2002. 50 : 369 – 373.
- R. Santini et al. Enquête sur la santé de riverains de stations relais de téléphonie mobile : II / Incidences de l’âge des sujets, de la durée de leur exposition et de leur position par rapport aux antennes et autres sources électromagnétiques. Pathol. Biol. 2003. 51 : 412 – 415.

3.1.2. Some other publications on effects on residents, neighbours to base stations antennas :

Two other studies, one Spanish E.A. Navarro et al. in 2003 (6) and another one Austrian H.P. Hutter et al. in 2006 (7) were published following those of R. Santini et al. Their results, which confirm those obtained by R. Santini warn of health problems revealed by residents, neighbours to base stations.

A Dutch government study issue in September 2003 (Rapport – TNO-FEL-Report-03148) was made in laboratory on volunteers in double blind condition. It shows evidently only after 45 minutes of exposure at 0,7 V/m to RF, of the same type as the one of base station antennas (GSM 900 MHz – UMTS 2100 MHz), effects on memory, visual attention, wellbeing feeling, …The results make
significant differences visible between electro sensitive subjects and others.

3.1.3. Mobile base station antennas

Anonymous
# Posted: 11 Oct 2006 04:11

Please, could you continue with the explanation of the scientific arguments?

agnes
# Posted: 16 Oct 2006 04:52

Will do.
Best regards.
Agnes Ingvarsdottir

Anonymous
# Posted: 16 Oct 2006 19:07

you all suck

agnes
# Posted: 18 Oct 2006 03:44

So do you, NAMELESS,
So shamed of your self you dont dare put your name in.
What a creep.
What a life you must have, lurking around in anonymity., coward.
Agnes

lola
# Posted: 19 Oct 2006 20:35

this was utter rubbish.
as a member of RASE
(Royal Association of Science in England)
i am increasingly disappointed wiht this piece.
all my disregards.

erik
# Posted: 1 Nov 2006 15:20

Dear Iola.

RASE: is Royal Agricultural Society of England

Iola: appears to be a district linked to Scandinavia in the US.

I am in agreement with my wife Agnes Ingvarsdottir, the owner of this website, that opinions must be signed to be taken seriously.
Eirikur Mar Petursson

Anonymous
# Posted: 4 Mar 2008 12:34

i think that you are right.

Anonymous
# Posted: 12 Mar 2008 17:55

why havent you continued?

qwerty
# Posted: 12 Mar 2008 18:09

Anonymous,

continued what?

g
# Posted: 19 Mar 2008 15:55

poo

agnes
# Posted: 23 Mar 2008 04:54

Dear "Anonymous".
I am truly sorry we did not continue to carry the scientific arguments, in Forum, that you are but in the News and Resources only, but, as in any Working Democracy, (I guess, in Britain we do not really know how these work anymore) but I was woted down, and told that No-one ever read them.
(And there is actually stuff to prove that I was wrong and that the stuff was TOO heavy for the normal folks, (so never read).
And I do have to admit, yes, it is to heavy, and far too time consuming to study if it is not beating down on You Personally. And most is Scientific lingo.

Well, that was my case, it beat down on me Personally! So, that is why I found it important, and that is why this website is here!.

But yes, I guess I was wrong to succumb, but freely admit that I did.
Live and learn!

But you sound very keen, and this is a challenge, we Really Need helpers. so please become one! "Put your money where your mouth is"
Only this time it would be REALLY appreciated!!

Thing is though, In our NEWS column, we publish all of what is going on that we can find out about, and what is New, and more importantly we give links to All the new studies that are sent to us.

So, and this is a serious proposal, If you are game for giving us a hand, we sure need one.
You will have to work hard, like Henrik and me, (only workers on Mast-victims now, since we lost Roi Kwabena, (he sadly died at a very young age of an untypical-cancer) but there is No Remuniration for the work put in, so, No Pay (only Your pleasure of "doing your bit"for Mankind etc, and hard late night input)

But we price ourself by beeing totally independent, we do not accept sponsor ships or adverts (which might make it easier on us), but that might carry compremise. And we Do Not Comprimise on this Issue
Whatever it costs to run the website we carry personally.
And we do all the work.

So, if that sounds attactive to you, please contact me.
More still, I am eagerly awaiting your call.
Best regards.
Agnes Ingvarsdottir.
Glen Lea. Upper Colwall.
Herefordshire. WR13 6 DH
Phone: (workhours; 01684 576 573
Fax: 01684 576 583
Phone: evenings and wekends: 01684 540 138
E-mail: agnes@mast-victims.org

asuris
# Posted: 26 Mar 2008 02:43

at the risk of sounding like a total sycophant, just want to say that your tireless, ceaseless work on this indispensible website, Agnes & Henrik, most certainly does not go unnoticed.
I am truly grateful.
Jane

PS. I had not seen this thread before. It seems like the original post was written by Mr Santini, not by Agnes.

me
# Posted: 3 Apr 2008 12:09

new link for you? (although you're aware of the story)
http://news.zdnet.co.uk/communications/0,1000000085,39377517,00.htm

Anonymous
# Posted: 3 Apr 2008 12:31

bullshit

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 4 Apr 2008 19:05

The enlightened "Anonymous" person above came from:
Cumbria Lancashire Education Online
Lumen House
Library Avenue
Harwell Science and Innovation Campus
DIDCOT, Oxon
OX11 0SG UK

Anonymous
# Posted: 21 May 2008 11:21

this was far too long

utter crap if u ask me

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 21 May 2008 13:08

The above "Anonymous" came from within:
Hertfordshire County Council
http://www.hertsdirect.org
Probably so busy signing mobile phone mast permits that they only have time for two short linies here. Nice to know their opinion though.

tit
# Posted: 16 Jun 2008 15:53

shut up i think that it is a very good peice if you dont understand it it wont seem good but i do

Anne
# Posted: 16 Jun 2008 17:59

It always surprises me how strongly people feel about those who believe microwaves cause illness. I don't understand why. The few people I dared to tell of my symptoms due to microwaves only laugh at me - indeed bully me!
I know how I feel. Many illnesses throughout history were 'all in the mind' until they were proved otherwise. Sadly scientific proof can take a long time and in the meantime people suffer. And the mobile phone companies make sure that any scientific data that they don't like gets suppressed.
So those of you who can only express your disgust at these pages by swearing just don't read it - as simple as that!
If your wish to contribute then any well written argument would be interesting.

Anonymous
# Posted: 4 Oct 2008 11:46

utter rubbish, where are your reasons,
this is like saying that rain has 100% of causing cancer, just because a old scientist down at ***** mental institution says so,

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 5 Oct 2008 10:46

Anonymous,

Exactly which part of the above are you unhappy with?
You really should have been at the RRT conference at the Royal Society in London. There you could have met some of those crazy old scientists you mention.

Anonymous
# Posted: 4 Nov 2008 13:05

I have one in my garden and ever sonce it has been put in i have suffered from sever head aches and sickeness.

An old man bought soem info round about it and risks of the equipment but as i live in private land i have no say so as the land lord is a money grabbing overweight itallian twat and has no regards to safety matters.

At present, i am unable to sell my flat and so am stuck with my brain being fried everyday..so mr anonymous, do some research!!

jemma-louise x

Anonymous
# Posted: 10 Nov 2008 12:53

I hat my life

Anonymous
# Posted: 10 Nov 2008 12:54

THIS is bad like mine and your lives...

- a respectable muslim

hannahh
# Posted: 29 Jan 2009 16:46

im doin GCSE and need out about mobile phone masts the arguments for and against.
Anonymos, this has been very helpful.
So keep your COMMENTS to your self

Gimpson
# Posted: 21 May 2009 13:06

i agree with anonymous,

POOO indeed :)

agnes
# Posted: 8 Jun 2009 17:54

i think its a great piece ^^ usefull thx

Anonymous
# Posted: 17 Jun 2009 12:56

(admin deleted offensive posting)

kieran
# Posted: 21 Oct 2009 19:27

i personally think that this piece is very helpful to my g.c.s.e homework. this homework involves writing arguments FOR or AGAINST the positioning of mobile phone masts.

thanks Agnes :)

P.S i'm actually naked right now!

. 1 . 2 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
You can post anonymously by entering a nickname with no password (if that nickname has not been taken by another member) or by leaving both fields empty. If you have an account you can also log in from this page without posting a message.

These forums are running on forum script miniBB™ © 2001-2024