- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -
www.mast-victims.org forum / General discussion / New ITV series "Mobile"
Drama
# Posted: 5 Mar 2007 16:48

Looks interesting, with footage of masts being felled by explosions, LOL (as seen in current Coming Soon trailers on ITV)

http://imdb.com/title/tt0918546/combined
http://www.thestage.co.uk/news/newsstory.php/14248/thomson-and-tarbuck -lead-itv-drama-plans

agnes
# Posted: 6 Mar 2007 02:32

Thanks Drama.
You bet I will keep a look out.
If it gets shown we will try to do a link to Mast-victims.org "Resources"
So that it will be available to all.
Best regards.
Agnes

Drama
# Posted: 19 Mar 2007 17:31

It's on tonight, March 19th, ITV 9pm - 10.30pm (videoplus+ code 8548)

john keeley
# Posted: 22 Mar 2007 16:03

i saw it on monday, i thought it was interesting because it just showed how much mobile phones have taken over peoples lives, but on the other hand it made those concerned look like there insane, insane enough to shoot some one talking on there phone loudly. the director of the mobile said people should realise how harmful mobile phones are, but it seems a bit contradictory to me.

i will just have to watch the concluding episodes to see if the fictional phone company is the shown up to be the bad guy.

still someone said something very interesting to me about the show. the fact that a murder mystery based around the dangers of phones, shows just how much are culture has changed in ten years. but not for the better.

agnes
# Posted: 27 Mar 2007 04:28

Dear Drama and John.
Basicly it is just a "Who done it" drama based on a modern gadget, which poisons many of our lives.
But there are still lots of things sneaked into it that take into account our concerns, and that is what I find of value.
I have video-taped the first 2 bits, and will tape the last one next week.
I will then look at what I can do with it and about it, and how to get it on a CD. I will consult with my visard IT man Henrik.
One thing is for sure.
If nothing else it has got the public looking and thinking, and quite a number of people I have talked to tell me it gets the little hairs on their neck to stand up straight, and that they will lessen their use of mobiles. (I believe they will for a short while, after that it is probably too convenient a gadget not to use overly.)

But to be quite and brutally honest, going on the train or the bus, if the effects of the radiation did not make me so poorly and queesey, then when people keep screaming into their mobiles with no concern to others in such confined spaces I would be sorely tempted to be really nasty to them.

Shooting them dead is the ultimate far out end,
but I think that telling them off in no uncertain terms would be fitting, although mabey people who show so little concern for others might just shrug it off with a "Stupid bitch" or "Looney"

But one thing is certain. after having seen these 2 chapters of Mobile I have decided that I will report every person I see using a mobile in a car.

I have never before reported anyone in my (by now) long life, so this will be a completely new chapter, but there are so many out there, and there is this Stupid (like so many others) law that forbids using a Non-Handsfree mobile while driving, and again like so many recent laws rely on us other citizens to make the law work, so This time I am going to take the Blair cloak of Citizen Informer and note all the numberplates where I see people using Non-handsfree mobiles while driving and report it to the
(Unseen (fanthom?) police here where I live.

And trust me, I drive very little, but still the police will be overflowed with cases.

I urge you and all others to do the same!
Lets get a little revenge here.

Best regards.
Agnes.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
You can post anonymously by entering a nickname with no password (if that nickname has not been taken by another member) or by leaving both fields empty. If you have an account you can also log in from this page without posting a message.

These forums are running on light forum script miniBB™ © 2001-2022