- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -
www.mast-victims.org forum / General discussion / Mast across street making me sick
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . >>
ericgeneric
# Posted: 10 Aug 2009 13:32

Hi, the VOC is listed on the tin as "max 2.9g/l".

I can't remember the exact figure for the reading, but the worst areas of the room were giving out a higher figure than claimed by the person who shielding. They are adamant the readings were close to zero.

Really, for us now the important thing is how to neutralise the room. There is obviously far too much paint on the walls, so I'm thinking that putting further coats of any type of paint is surely out of the question. Could we somehow strip all the paint away?

EG.

Volker
# Posted: 25 Aug 2009 12:39

It is quite difficult to remove a wall paint. You should try to grind it off. Puh, this is a lot of work...

Sleepless
# Posted: 19 Oct 2009 17:30

Our home is detached. The levels HF_EMR [mainly phone masts] have increased in my home since neighbour got WiFi and DECT. My sleeping is very poor.

I am contemplating using the YShield carbon-based paint to shield my bedroom. That is when i have saved up enough money!
And, I need to put aluminium foil under the carpet, although the comments above give me some concern about earthing.

Currently, the bedroom walls are currently wallpapered.
The ceiling has been covered in semi-matt silk vinyl paint, many years ago.
I need to removed the wallpaper and paint the walls [plasterboard] first to form a paint base covering, so that the carbon paint will not just sink in to the plasterboard.
We will be using Crown paint.

Question
Has anyone got any further comments about what is underneath, and covering, the Y-Shield. And, how long to let the paint dry?
And what about the remains of the polycell paste used years ago to attach the wallpaper to the walls?

Thanks.

SarahPaine
# Posted: 22 Oct 2009 10:50

Hi Sleepless

When you take the paper off the walls, it's fairly standard in decorating to then wash down the walls to remove the remnants of wallpaper paste - this would be fine. Use some soda crystals mixed in with the water, which will help to get rid of the paste remnants.

Painting with an emulsion paint such as Crown is a very good idea to seal the surface before painting with a paint like Yshield, as it means the paint will spread evenly and not sink into the surface, using more paint than needed.

This time of year, I'd allow 48 hours for the Yshield to dry (24 hours in very good dry weather is probably ok). The paint will feel dry to the touch in less time than this, but it does need the additional time to fully dry and become chemically stable, to allow you to paint either a second coat, or a covering coat of top paint.

As to earthing - we have recently changed our views slightly. In bedrooms, we recommend testing the electric field levels at the wall after you have painted it. Use a PRO or other calibrated electric field monitor. Attach an earthing lead to the painted surface. Measure the fields again. If they are higher after attaching the earthing leads, remove it. If they are lower, leave it in place.

We can't give "blanket" advice to everyone about earthing, as every installation is different, so we advise in every instance to check the fields.

For safety, you must leave at least an inch UNpainted with Yshield paint around every electrical socket. You must earth the YShield painted surface, so don't paint over it first!

Sarah Paine
EMFields

derelicte
# Posted: 21 May 2010 03:34

This website's awesome. Ever since my abduction, I've had trouble with bad headaches and pain down "below" but the Y-shield sounds just what I need to shield that implant.

ericgeneric
# Posted: 21 May 2010 18:15

It's a pity you didn't stay abducted.

EG.

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 22 May 2010 10:21

ericgeneric,

May I remind you to keep a decent tone with people on this forum, regardless of their predicament.

ericgeneric
# Posted: 22 May 2010 12:31

So you don't think it was a wind-up post? I'm sick of seeing spam and derogatory comments about EHS sufferers here.

EG.

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 22 May 2010 16:44

ericgeneric,

Honestly, I'm not sure. If you find a post offensive then send us a note (contact via front page) that you want it removed and I'll look into it.

ericgeneric
# Posted: 22 May 2010 19:18

OK. Point taken.

When people come on here talking about abductions in a sarcastic tone, I tend to assume it's a wind-up. I wanted to reply in a similarly pithy manner!

EG.

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 23 May 2010 17:11

ericgeneric,

It might well be a rubbish post as you suggest, I really don't know.
If you look into it, people claiming abductions are subject to the same kind of ridicule as EHS sufferers...
"tinfoil hats", "little green men" and all that.
Us freaks must stick together you know ;-)

mvila6565
# Posted: 25 Jun 2010 15:14

As we speak, I am being the target of this microwave harrassment. I have discussed these issues with my family who think I am crazy and finally found people that can relate to this. Please read the following websites of pertinent information.

http://www.whale.to/b/rifat.html
http://www.educate-yourself.org/mc/listofmcsymptoms05jun03.shtml
http://www.rense.com/general3/patent.htm

Microwave Mind Control Symptoms & Published Evidence

Reported Symptoms

1. Microwave hearing
2. Transmission of specific commands into the subconscious
3. Visual disturbances, visual hallucinations
4. Inject words, numbers into brain via electromagnetic radiation waves
5. Manipulation of emotions
6. Reading thoughts remotely
7. Causing pain to any nerve of the body.
8. Remote manipulation of human behavior from space
9. Harassment, stress symptoms such as helicopters flying overhead
10. Seeing, as in a camera, through your eyes, i.e. to see what you see exactly
11. Control of sleep patterns.
12. Computer-brain interface, control and communication
13. Complex control of the brain such as retrieving memories, implanting personalities

Actual Patents Of Mind
Control And Behavior
Modification Technology
Compiled by Theresa de Veto
SURFING THE APOCALYPSE
http://www.surfingtheapocalypse.com
http://www.surfingtheapocalypse.com/intelligence2.html#patentscontrol
8-25-00

[IMPORTANT INFORMATION OF CONCERN]

US PATENT --4,717,343 --METHOD OF CHANGING A PERSON'S BEHAVIOR--A method of conditioning a person's unconscious mind in order to effect a desired change in the person's behavior which does not require the services of a trained therapist. Instead the person to be treated views a program of video pictures appearing on a screen. The program as viewed by the person's unconscious mind acts to condition the person's thought patterns in a manner which alters that person's behavior in a positive way. SOURCE: Judy Wall, Mike Coyle and Jan Wiesemann. Paranoia Magazine Issue 24 Fall 2000 -Article -'Technology to Your Mind' - By Judy Wall

US PATENT 5,270,800 --SUBLIMINAL MESSAGE GENERATOR--A combined subliminal and supraliminal message generator for use with a television receiver permits complete control of subliminal messages and their manner of presentation. A video synchronization detector enables a video display generator to generate a video message signal corresponding to a received alphanumeric text message in synchronism with a received television signal. A video mixer selects either the received video signal or the video message signal for output. The messages produced by the video message generator are user selectable via a keyboard input. A message memory stores a plurality of alphanumeric text messages specified by user commands for use as subliminal messages. This message memory preferably includes a read only memory storing predetermined sets of alphanumeric text messages directed to differing topics. The sets of predetermined alphanumeric text messages preferably include several positive affirmations directed to the left brain and an equal number of positive affirmations directed to the right brain that are alternately presented subliminally. The left brain messages are presented in a linear text mode, while the right brain messages are presented in a three dimensional perspective mode. The user can control the length and spacing of the subliminal presentations to accommodate differing conscious thresholds. Alternative embodiments include a combined cable television converter and subliminal message generator, a combine television receiver and subliminal message generator and a computer capable of presenting subliminal messages. SOURCE: Judy Wall, Mike Coyle and Jan Wiesemann. Paranoia Magazine Issue 24 Fall 2000 -Article -'Technology to Your Mind' - By Judy Wall

US PATENT 5,123,899 --METHOD AND SYSTEM FOR ALTERING CONSCIOUSNESS--A system for altering the states of human consciousness involves the simultaneous application of multiple stimuli, preferable sounds, having differing frequencies and wave forms. The relationship between the frequencies of the several stimuli is exhibited by the equation g=s.sup.n/4 .multidot.f where: f=frequency of one stimulus; g=frequency of the other stimuli of stimulus; and n=a positive or negative integer which is different for each other stimulus. ALSO SEE: US PATENT --5,289,438 --METHOD AND SYSTEM FOR ALTERING CONSCIOUSNESS SOURCE: Judy Wall, Mike Coyle and Jan Wiesemann. Paranoia Magazine Issue 24 Fall 2000 -Article -'Technology to Your Mind' - By Judy Wall

US PATENT 4,877,027--HEARING SYSTEM --Sound is induced in the head of a person by radiating the head with microwaves in the range of 100 megahertz to 10,000 megahertz that are modulated with a particular waveform. The waveform consists of frequency modulated bursts. Each burst is made up of ten to twenty uniformly spaced pulses grouped tightly together. The burst width is between 500 nanoseconds and 100 microseconds. The pulse width is in the range of 10 nanoseconds to 1 microsecond. The bursts are frequency modulated by the audio input to create the sensation of hearing in the person whose head is irradiated.

US PATENT 6,011,991--COMMUNICATION SYSTEM AND METHOD INCLUDING BRAIN WAVE ANALYSIS AND/OR USE OF BRAIN ACTIVITY--A system and method for enabling human beings to communicate by way of their monitored brain activity. The brain activity of an individual is monitored and transmitted to a remote location (e.g. by satellite). At the remote location, the monitored brain activity is compared with pre-recorded normalized brain activity curves, waveforms, or patterns to determine if a match or substantial match is found. If such a match is found, then the computer at the remote location determines that the individual was attempting to communicate the word, phrase, or thought corresponding to the matched stored normalized signal.

US PATENT 4,858,612 - HEARING DEVICE --A method and apparatus for simulation of hearing in mammals by introduction of a plurality of microwaves into the region of the auditory cortex is shown and described. A microphone is used to transform sound signals into electrical signals which are in turn analyzed and processed to provide controls for generating a plurality of microwave signals at different frequencies. The multifrequency microwaves are then applied to the brain in the region of the auditory cortex. By this method sounds are perceived by the mammal which are representative of the original sound received by the microphone.

US PATENT 3,951,134 - APPARATUS AND METHOD FOR REMOTELY MONITORING AND ALTERING BRAIN WAVES--Apparatus for and method of sensing brain waves at a position remote from a subject whereby electromagnetic signals of different frequencies are simultaneously transmitted to the brain of the subject in which the signals interfere with one another to yield a waveform which is modulated by the subject's brain waves. The interference waveform which is representative of the brain wave activity is re-transmitted by the brain to a receiver where it is demodulated and amplified. The demodulated waveform is then displayed for visual viewing and routed to a computer for further processing and analysis. The demodulated waveform also can be used to produce a compensating signal which is transmitted back to the brain to effect a desired change in electrical activity therein.

US PATENT 5,159,703 - SILENT SUBLIMINAL PRESENTATION SYSTEM --A silent communications system in which nonaural carriers, in the very low or very high audio frequency range or in the adjacent ultrasonic frequency spectrum, are amplitude or frequency modulated with the desired intelligence and propagated acoustically or vibrationally, for inducement into the brain, typically through the use of loudspeakers, earphones or piezoelectric transducers.

US PATENT 5,507,291- METHOD AND AN ASSOCIATED APPARATUS FOR REMOTELY DETERMINING INFORMATION AS TO A PERSON'S EMOTIONAL STATE

US PATENT: US5629678:IMPLANTABLE TRANSCEIVER-Apparatus for Tracking And Recovering Humans.

US PATENT FOR BARCODE TATTOO--Method for verifying human identity during electronic sale transactions. A method is presented for facilitating sales transactions by electronic media. A bar code or a design is tattooed on an individual. Before the sales transaction can be consummated, the tattoo is scanned with a scanner. Characteristics about the scanned tattoo are compared to characteristics about other tattoos stored on a computer database in order to verify the identity of the buyer. Once verified, the seller may be authorized to debit the buyer's electronic bank account in order to consummate the transaction. The seller's electronic bank account may be similarly updated.

US PATENT 5,539,705 - ULTRASONIC SPEECH TRANSLATOR AND COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEM--A wireless communication system undetectable by radio frequency methods for converting audio signals, including human voice, to electronic signals in the ultrasonic frequency range, transmitting the ultrasonic signal by way of acoustical pressure waves across a carrier medium, including gases, liquids, or solids, and reconverting the ultrasonic acoustical pressure waves back to the original audio signal. The ultrasonic speech translator and communication system (20) includes an ultrasonic transmitting device (100) and an ultrasonic receiving device (200). The ultrasonic transmitting device (100) accepts as input (115) an audio signal such as human voice input from a microphone (114) or tape deck.

US PATENT 5,629,678 - PERSONAL TRACKING AND RECOVERY SYSTEM--Apparatus for tracking and recovering humans

sampey
# Posted: 17 Sep 2010 15:25

It's my first post and I'm glad that there are persons willing to support each other about this topic (not exactly like the national organizations in the Netherlands).
A couple of days ago, after 5 years living in the same house and having sleeping disorders, a guy visited my place to measure the electromagnetic fields. He used a device just like this:

http://www.electrosmogshielding.co.uk/product.asp?P_ID=560&CAT_ID=108&strParents=107

He didn't make a real report but he showed me that the HF measuring device was reporting values above the 200 or even off scale!!
He said that normally the measurement should not exceed 50.
Still I'm not sure what unity the device was using but I think was microwatt/m2.

It's time to act quickly since I'm going to burn out and my wife (leaving in this house for 2 years) is going to follow me soon. We have also a baby coming up.
The radiations seem to come through the right wall of the appartament but it's not clear what is the source (we know that is an HF source).
What product do you suggest me to use to protect my house?
If I choose the paint,
Does it reflect or absorb the radiations?
Do I have to ground it?
How?
What can I use for the floor protection?
Does it make sense that that I buy this measuring device to check the levels before and after the isolation works?

Thank you all for your feedback,

Giovanni.

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 17 Sep 2010 16:25

sampey,

Thanks for writing in!

The device you linked to measures in microWatt/m2. I have a similar instrument.
For living space, like inside your house, bedrooms etc. where you spend long periods of time the BioInitiative Report from 2007 recommended a maximum of 100 microwatts/m2.
However German Doctors found 10 microwatt/m2 as the threshold where no biological effects from chronic exposure occurred (search for: Bamberg Appeal).

I have used YShield paint for shielding my appartment ceiling and walls and I can recommend that. YShield absorbs radiation because it is carbon/graphite based. The paint absorbs microwave radiation and should be grounded to a waterpipe, radiatior etc.
For floor protection you can use aluminium coated wallpaper (known as alu-paper). Make sure the sheets of alu-paper are connected with conducting tape (also available from YShield) so they become one conducting area. This will reflect away radiation coming from below. You can then put a layer of floor boarding on top of that. It's also a good idea to ground the alu-paper.

If you have the money then it makes sense to get (buy or rent) professional measuring equipment to check the effect of the shielding. Also with a measuring device you can locate places on walls/ceilings where more radiation enters (fx. neighbor has wireless equipment on other side of wall) and that need extra paint, since two coatings absorb better than one.

I hope this helps.

sampey
# Posted: 19 Sep 2010 16:17

Henrik,

your feedback helps a lot.
My plan would then be to buy a new/second hand measuring device like the one I linked in my previous post and to start painting the walls separing my flat from the radiation source. I would check the effect and decide if more shielding is needed. In that case I would also shield the floor. Step by step, it's gonna be very expensive and I woudl like to invest only the money that are really needed.

Lets see how it goes.

# Posted: 20 Sep 2010 13:22

@Henrik
Thank you for recommendation to use our shielding paint.
But please note that it does not absorb. It reflects HF radiation. The percentage of absorbtion is tiny. Far more than 90% is reflection. That is a very important fact.

Okay, it "absorbs" more HF than aluminium due to the containing carbon but as mentioned, this difference is almost insignificant.
Just for your information :)

Volker
# Posted: 20 Sep 2010 13:25

For the sake of completeness: the previous message was posted by me, Volker -YSHIELD Germany

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 20 Sep 2010 16:13

Volker,

I only recommend things I've used myself with good results.

Volker
# Posted: 21 Sep 2010 09:29

Henrik,

yes I do not doubt that.
But it is not correct to say that it absorbs. If it did absorb HF radiation you needn´t to worry about reflections. But actually this is what it´s all about.
I also want to make people aware that whenever they read of HF absorbing shielding material they should know that this is nonsense. Companies who claim to offer HF absorbing material only look for a competitive advantage.

Scientist1
# Posted: 28 Sep 2010 14:10

Hi Folks,

First off, this is an interesting forum and an interesting topic. I live several hundred feet away from a cell phone tower and which definitely does cause certain physical reactions. No, it doesn't measurably heat the skin unless one is even closer, but microwaves are electromagnetic radiation which raises frequency of all cell tissue on contact.

The most obvious symptom is waking up at night when sleeping. Sleeping near a mast, disrupts the sleeping patterns and one does not achieve deep sleep as easily. One gets used to waking up many times in the night, often with weird mast-induced dreams. I obtained the best and easily affordable microwave detector (a bug-detection device on Ebay for 20 dollars) it measures microwaves and has five bars and an audible sound for strong signals. My home was saturated with signals and one can actually "see" the invisible microwaves by moving the device through the room. Hot spots would go off the meter.

Aluminum screening was in order. Some strategically placed aluminum foil on the back porch and metallic mirror tinting on the glass windows(mirror tint has some quantity of aluminum in it) Effectively shield bedrooms and living areas from most of the rays.

The result? Sounder and deeper sleep. That's the real benefit. The body heals when one sleeps and so good sleep is important.

Microwave radiation reflects. It's very directional. If one knows where the mast is (or in my case can see it a few hundred feet away) one can easily deflect the beams. Microwave beams are about the size of a pencil. Simple aluminum screening that used to be popular before it was replaced by fiberglass mesh, has a fine enough pattern to block and reflect the beams. The key is not to deflect them into some other living space but up or down. Tilting the screening can deflect the beams away from living areas.

Take your neighbors into account too! Bouncing all the beams off of one's own home towards them seems a bit insensitive. Even though they may be completely ignorant of the pollution - you do know - and have a responsibility to try and deflect intelligently. Do unto others...and all that jazz. I deflect the microwaves down towards the earth or back up towards the sky when possible.

In most places the microwaves are just not that strong. If you are over a half mile from a mast transmitter - don't even sweat it. The microwave dosage you will get will not even be as strong as the wifi system repeating your internet signal through your house.

Microwaves are non-ionizing radiation. That means they don't do cumulative damage - they don't break apart molecules. Ionizing radiation such as gamma rays, x-rays and cosmic rays are bombarding Earth all the time and even the soil emits these damaging rays. Microwaves are harmless in comparison. For those of you who smoke or use tanning beds - these are *much* more dangerous to your health and cancer risks than a cell phone tower.

It's always important to keep these things in perspective. Fear and stress does not do your body any good either.

ericgeneric
# Posted: 28 Sep 2010 18:30

Try living less than 100ft from one.

EG.

daniel
# Posted: 29 Sep 2010 14:08 - Edited by: daniel

Scientist

Microwaves are non-ionizing radiation. That means they don't do cumulative damage

EMR breaks DNA (Martin Blank, Columbia University)

Aluminum screening was in order. Some strategically placed aluminum foil on the back porch and metallic mirror tinting on the glass windows(mirror tint has some quantity of aluminum in it) Effectively shield bedrooms and living areas from most of the rays.

Me too I use aluminium sreen to shield EMR but I have to fix 2 layers. What is the size of your sreen wholes? Mine is 1.4 mm.

ericgeneric
# Posted: 29 Sep 2010 14:47

The main point that "Scientist" misses is CHOICE. We don't all have to endure tanning salon radiation, we aren't forced to smoke or be in constant vicinity of smokers 24/7; this is done to us without our consent or say in the matter. And the majority of UK masts are situated FAR nearer than half-a-mile away from the average residential property.

It's easy to give the mildest examples and give simple solutions to them, whilst passing off everything else as over-the-top worrying over nothing.

That isn't the reality. People have obvious, severe symptoms and are not merely stressing out over this. They are living where masts render any shielding mostly ineffective and irrelevant. Plus, as daniel points out, their comments about the damage done by EMR reveals a basic lack of understanding of the issue.

EG.

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 29 Sep 2010 21:17

Scientist1,

You write that Microwaves don't do cumulative damage, following your statement that "sleeping near a mast, disrupts the sleeping patterns". I'm trying to understand how losing sleep should not lead to cumulative damage? given all the repair that the body does during deep sleep...

You probably mean that microwaves don't have the energy to directly break DNA, but what about all the DNA repair mechanisms that are impaired by sleep deprivation and reduced melatonin secretion? I suspect we should be looking at damage via catalyst effects.

Scientist1
# Posted: 1 Oct 2010 03:19

Everything is relative. While microwave radiation is non-ionizing, I certainly would prefer not being bombarded by it. Because anything that excites molecules will have some deleterious effects over time.

The first cell phone user manuals warned against excessive usage and instructed to keep the antenna away from the head, etc. Now these warnings and many scientists will pooh-pooh the danger or adverse influences of cell phones. Many scientists are paid apologists for radiation of all kinds and are paid to find "inconclusive" results to offset legitimate studies.

There are all sorts of unseen dangers that confront people. People on airplanes receive x-ray doses and if they fly during the solar maximum some of those are substantial doses of ionizing radiation. Those that live at altitudes or in the desert are exposed to increased UV and damaging ionizing radiation. In some areas the soil presents greater background radiation or emits radon gas.

Some folks collect old pottery and some of these colored glazes have high cadmium, uranium or other radioactive elements. Clock radios and watches from the forties and fifties often have radium on the dials. Any of these things will put people at more danger of radiation induced cellular damage than the average microwave tower.

That said, again, I think microwave transmission should be done more intelligently and directionally, more accurately controlling microwave signal strength. Low strength signal repeaters could cover populated areas and high strength beams could be limited to isolated towers. Money is the bottom line though and this method would cost more. Customers who complain about reception and dropped call will always come first and their solution is to hike transmission signals and tower saturation in densely populated areas.

In the meanwhile, live aware, live intelligently, educate oneself about all sources of pollution, protest/complain if one feels inclined, but don't live in fear.

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 1 Oct 2010 10:44

Scientist1,

I don't live in fear of wireless tech. because I know now what I'm up against and have made considerable efforts to protect myself against bombardment, as you put it.

Few people are chronically exposed to vintage pottery, or old radioactive clocks for that matter. If they are, I hope they have chosen to be on an informed basis. Heck, someone should have warned this guy!
Exposure to a microwave tower (cell-tower or what you call it) is chronic and sometimes involuntary. It's a forced exposure, and a extremely new type, when seen on the long timeline of evolution. The natural sources of radiation you list have always been a part of our habitat and have allowed time for adaption. Exposure to natural sources of radiation is of course different across geographical regions, and again, life in those areas have adapted. Solar maximum is transient.

The examples you raise are valid risks, although some rather obscure, but I'm missing some perspective in your writing. Chronic exposure to airplanes is surely an occupational hazard and not a risk that faces the general population as a whole.

You write: "Many scientists are paid apologists for radiation of all kinds and are paid to find "inconclusive" results to offset legitimate studies".
Yeah, I've figured that for a while. Care to disclose some names? ;-)

ivy
# Posted: 2 Jan 2011 10:51

This is a very interesting discussion to me. In recent years I have developed a serious sleep/anxiety disorder which may well be connected to EMF. I have always disliked the constant buzzing and humming of electrical appliances and am sure that my health problems have worsened since I got wifi and started using my laptop many hours a day, on my lap. I do have a cell phone but it is mostly turned off and I use it very seldom. Still the masts in the town may be a problem.

Only trouble with this theory is that, as it happens, our family has a country cabin (in north central British Columbia, Canada) that is a long way from any cell phone tower(there is no service within at least 10 kilometres) and, although I do use my laptop it sits on a table rather than my lap and and is not connected to wifi or even the Internet. Yet, if anything, my sleep disorder is worst in this almost pristine environment. I do have an electrical outlet within a short distance of my head so I suppose it is possible that faulty wiring is a problem. I will try shutting off the circuit to that plug in.

We seldom spend more than a night or two at this cabin so perhaps the effects of the home environment don't have time to dissipate. What do you think? I would love to find out that my sleep problems and night anxiety are not just "all in my head".

Anonymous
# Posted: 2 Jan 2011 17:45

Ivy

I envy you your country cabin - A night or two just is not enough to get rid of the effects. I have spoken to other electrosensitivity sufferers and this does not just go away overnight.

I wonder if you feel better in some rooms of your house than in others?
It is possible to get meters to measure electrical/magnetic fields and to measure high frequency fields. The HF is much higher upstairs in my bedroom because of phone masts. I sleep under a shielding canopy now.

Perhaps, have a closer look at your own home and also what is around you in the cabin? Any nearby petrol [gas] stations with transmitters behind the adverts etc!

DECT/wifi
Do you or your neighbours have DECT cordless phones [24/7 emissions] /wifi? Another potential source of problems as well as your own wifi or cordless phone.

iPHONE
If your phone is an IPhone it will be transmitting when switched off, unless you put it into aircraft mode. Why? - because the phones are designed so that the signals hop from phone to phone on their way to/from the cell tower. So iPhones are receiving/transmitting even when nominally off.
The same applies to neighbours' phones.

wifi
Your wifi - remember that your lap top will be sending out wifi [or trying to send out] and also receiving incoming signals even when you are not actually connected sending out emails etc. You can check this with an HF meter = or else tune a small FM radio off-station and put it near the laptop.

I can measure wifi from neighbours coming into my home and picking up on the electrical wiring using specialist HF meters.

You do not want to have electrical cables close to your head.
They will be emitting electrical and magnetic fields.
Have a look inside 'The Powerwatch Handbook' by Alasdair and Jean Philips on the www.amazon.co.uk.

Look up the Powerwatch website www.powerwatch.org.uk.

Look up EMFIELDS website http://www.emfields.org/library/index.asp
and read these articles:
Computing overview
Wireless Local Area Networks (WLANs) and Microwave Radiation
Buying an "EMF Safe" Property – 6. EMFs inside buildings
There are plenty of other articles for you to browse through there.

Your problem could well be related to the many hours wifi use a day.

I am now affected by the DECT/wifi from neighbours house and also phone masts. GSM masts transmit further than 3G [UMTS] masts and WIMAX reaches even further. Here free wireless areas are being provided to British Telecom customers if they agree to have a transmitter on their house [it looks like a burglar alarm].

I visited a friend living in a caravan in a remote location because he was forced to quit his job [wifi made him electrosensitive] and his home because of increasing DECT/wifi exposures from neighbours.

I advise you to switch off your wifi and get a hard-wired router.
The sleeping problems and night anxiety are just the starting symptoms. Believe me, it can get a lot worse.

You might look up the work of Dr Magda Havas www.magdahavas.com and magdahavas.org.
http://www.magdahavas.com/category/electrosmog-exposure/wifi-wimax/

http://www.radiationresearch.org/
RewireMe Magazine

Look here Electrosensitivity UK www.es-uk http://www.es-uk.info/

There are not any cell towers nearby - but are there any smaller transmitters anywhere near you? On the roadsides?

In the UK we use an earth, positive and neutral wire for electricity.
In the USA they use two wires - they have Problems outdoors with ground currents? What happens in Canada?

I recently bought a book 'Disconnect: The truth about cell phone radiation, what the industry has done to hide it, and How to protect your family'
by Dr Magda Havas Ph.D.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Disconnect-Devra-Davis/dp/0525951946/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1 293983835&sr=8-1

There are various HF meters that you can get - to hire or to buy - some just give a noise [electrosmog detector] and others give a digital readout.
--------------------

Also be aware that transmitters are sometimes disguised or hidden in lamp posts or telegraph poles - and many other structures.
FRom a UK local government website:
"Where possible, operators try to prevent masts from blotting the landscape. Slim line versions with a smaller head frames are being introduced. They can be painted to blend in with their surroundings, disguised as trees or placed on street lamps. Base station antennas can also be put on structures like roof tops, high voltage electricity pylons or large radio communication masts.

Why are antennas hidden behind street signs, shop fronts etc?
Microcells - tiny radio base station antennas - help operators meet high customer demand in busy areas. They are usually mounted at street level on external walls, lamp posts or neon shop signs and can often be disguised as building features. Microcells are typically about 300m-1km apart and have lower radio wave outputs than larger base stations. "

---------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.powerwatch.org.uk/news/20050722_bamberg.asp
German Doctors unite on RF health effects

http://www.powerwatch.org.uk/news/20101022-cordless-heart.asp
DECT Cordless Phones (and WiFi) Causes Heart Irregularities

I suggest that you read some of what I have listed to start and if you can get hold of a meter and see what you are actually being exposed to.

Look up shielding articles on the powerwatch and emfields website.
Also http://www.lessemf.com/rf.html

ES

Anonymous
# Posted: 2 Jan 2011 18:34

Ivy

P.S. The Electrosmog Detector that goes up to 3 GHz has now been discontinued.

Also look here:
http://www.safelivingtechnologies.com/Latest_News.htm
It is a US importer of Gigahertz-Solutions [GErmany]
http://www.gigahertz-solutions.com/en/Home.htmlequipment.

I am not involved with any of these firms incidentally, the links are just to make you aware of what is available and many of these websites have useful information/news.

Because of the HF problems here, I have bought HF and LF [low frequency] meters myself to keep a check on the home/outdoors environment. Before shielding i had well over 1 Volt per metre exposure from phone masts in the bedroom. Not good.

I have spent a lot of money trying to shield my home.
I initially put aluminium foil up at the windows to block some of the radiation. But, it was coming through the roof, walls, ceilings too.

Please check out your area carefully and at different times of day because it varies. If you become badly affected with electrosensitivity it affects your life and family - problems even going to the shops into towns, using the computer if electrically sensitive, social engagements etc.
The sleep problems and anxiety could be a warning that there is a problem... one that is not in your head.

Let us know how you get on.

ES

ES

Anonymous
# Posted: 2 Jan 2011 18:58

http://www.radiationresearch.org/
Well worth a read.

I notice this one from Canada.......
Pick up the links from the radiationresearch trust website.

Canadian Human Rights Commission -Policy on Environmental Sensitivities
Many thanks to Dr Magda Havas of Trent University, who was happy to supply the following links to expand on the Canadian ES update.

* Link 1: www.agoracosmopolitan.com
* Link 2: Canadian Human Rights Commission

Policy on Environmental Sensitivities

Individuals with environmental sensitivities experience a variety of adverse reactions to environmental agents at concentrations well below those that might affect the "average person". This medical condition is a disability and those living with environmental sensitivities are entitled to the protection of the Canadian Human Rights Act, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of disability. The Canadian Human Rights Commission will receive any inquiry and process any complaint from any person who believes that he or she has been discriminated against because of an environmental sensitivity. Like others with a disability, those with environmental sensitivities are required by law to be accommodated.

The CHRC encourages employers and service providers to proactively address issues of accommodation by ensuring that their workplaces and facilities are accessible for persons with a wide range of disabilities.

Successful accommodation for persons with environmental sensitivities requires innovative strategies to minimize or eliminate exposure to triggers in the environment. These may include: developing and enforcing fragrance free and chemical avoidance policies, undertaking educational programs to increase voluntary compliance with such policies, minimizing chemical use and purchasing less toxic products, and notifying employees and clients in advance of construction, re-modeling and cleaning activities. Such measures can prevent injuries and illnesses, and reduce costs and health and safety risks.

he Medical Perspective on Environmental Sensitivities - Margaret E. Sears MEng PhD, 2007

Abstract - [View in Full]

Approximately 3% of Canadians have been diagnosed with environmental sensitivities, and many more are somewhat sensitive to traces of chemicals and / or electromagnetic phenomena in the environment. People experience neurological and numerous other symptoms, and avoidance of triggers is an essential step to regaining health. The Canadian Human Rights Commission commissioned this report to summarize scientific information about environmental sensitivities. For those interested in the original scientific and technical literature, an annotated bibliography is available on request from environmentalhealthmed@gmail.com. This report addresses issues such as the definition and prevalence of environmental sensitivities; recognition by medical authorities; education and training within the medical community; origins, triggers and symptoms of sensitivities; impact of environmental sensitivities in the workplace; government policies and standards for building codes, air quality and ventilation as they affect individuals with environmental sensitivities; and guidelines for accommodation within the workplace. For people with environmental sensitivities, their health and ability to work rests with the actions of others, including building managers, co-workers and clients. Accommodating people with environmental sensitivities presents an opportunity to improve workplace environmental quality and workers' performance, and may help prevent the onset of sensitivities in others.
Accommodation for Environmental Sensitivities: Legal Perspective - Cara Wilkie and David Baker, 2007

Abstract - [View in Full]

Environmental sensitivities are a group of poorly understood medical conditions that cause people to react adversely to environmental triggers. The Canadian Human Rights Commission commissioned this report, in which the researchers seek to establish the status of the issues related to environmental sensitivities from a legal perspective and as these relate to the protection of human rights. The researchers examined case law, consulted experts and examined secondary sources on accommodation of people with environmental sensitivities in Canada, the United States, Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom, in order to answer several questions in the Canadian context: What is the status of the case law in these jurisdictions? Do building codes act as barriers to people with environmental sensitivities? What best practices emerge from the case law? How are conflicting interests reconciled? How can third parties be involved in the accommodation process? Where is the threshold of undue hardship? How are conflicts regarding accommodation preferences resolved?

Policy approved by the Commission on June 15, 2007

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
You can post anonymously by entering a nickname with no password (if that nickname has not been taken by another member) or by leaving both fields empty. If you have an account you can also log in from this page without posting a message.

These forums are running on open source forum script miniBB™ © 2001-2022