- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -
www.mast-victims.org forum / General discussion / shielding for non standard house
darceybutton
# Posted: 9 Nov 2008 19:02

Dear All - please can you help. My home is a 3 storey house for which the top floor being in the roof and closest to the nearby 900MHz mast has the highest levels of EMF.

My difficulty is that the top floor is of non standard construction having exposed timber beams and clad front and rear walls - the effect is that internal painting by yshield would NOT completely shield the room - I would have to spend over one thousand GBP pounds on paint and then staple bobbinet or chromax material over the exposed beams and would still have EMF leakage from the clad front & rear walls - beneath eaves. The only effective option I can see to protect this top floor is to strip off the slated roof and have metalised sarking felt fitted - aluminium wrapped insulattion also.

I am therefore considering a cheaper option whose purpose is to accept radiation into the top floor (not habited) but prevent it from passing through the floor to the first floor beneath on which bedrooms are located. The simplest & cheapest option I thought is to affix commercial grade turkey fil/aluminium foil to the floor (fortunately it is ply boarded so should go down well) and then overlay with carpet underlay for which some have a metalised backing also. The door and adjacent walls that lead onto the stairs would then be painted/draped with cromax. BUT do I have to earth the aluminium foiled floor - possibly metalised backing underlay also. If so, i guess it needs to be continuous and each of the 3 rooms fitted with an earthing lead/plug connected to adjacent electrical sockets????

Also a Graham Steritzer meter has identified readings of 800 in my house - bad i think which are only 36 without the adjacent mobile phone mast. The dirty electric is therefore coming from the mast - just dont know if it is coming in on the mains or via the house & internal wiring. Does anyone have experience of the steritzer filters??
ALL HELP GRATEFULLY APPRECIATED.

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 11 Nov 2008 12:55

Hi darceybutton,

Regarding the top floor I can recommend Aluminium coated wallpaper. It's the type that's used in sauna's (for reflecting heat). I've used it to shield an appartment floor from wifi & cordless-phone radiation from underneath and you can use it to block radiation from entering though your top floor. It's cheap and easy to cover a floor with.
Whatever material you use, make sure all the "tracks" of material are connected as one conducting surface. I use adhesive aluminium tape for this (from YShield) and gaffa-tape over to hold it all firmly together.
I painted walls and ceiling with YShield and connected the paint surface to the aluminium paper floor with aluminium tape strips to create one conducting surface. Earth connection is obtained though the water pipes and seems to work fine. Anyway, this completely blocks out the wifi, cordless, mobile and mast radiation. You should be able to get this alu-paper though a builders supplier. I got mine from Swedish company RTK. I remember seeing alu-paper mentioned on EMFields website some time ago so maybe they know how to get it.

You should earth the YShield and whatever conducting surfaces you apply (like mentioned alu-paper) but I can not recommend earthing via the electrical sockets. The problem with the mains is dirty electricity. Many modern power supplies (inside computers, DVD-players etc.) are of the switched-mode type instead of old type transformers. Switched-mode power supplies "slice" the power down with a high-frequency electronic switch and that creates high-frequency transients that can spread through your mains wiring - turning the house into a radio transmitter and you don't want that carried onto your shielding surfaces. YShield paint type HSF54 shields both high and low-frequency so by painting your walls it should also screen out dirty-electricity riding on the mains wires that are inside the walls.
Ideally, hammer a 40-50cm copper pipe into the ground and connect your earthing lead to that.

darceybutton
# Posted: 19 Nov 2008 09:46

many thanks for your response - I am now lookign into a multi foil insulatino for the roof, which subjct to removal of slates woudl allow me to effectively cover the entire surface. However my dilemna is which foil backed insulatino to go for, e.g. which is best at shielding EMF's - dos anyone nwo where i coudl get it tested?

In respetc fo dirty electric i have foudn that th emast is bringign in dirty electric to my house with graham steritzer meters recording as high as 1,200 at peak times - i expect to buy soem UK filters as soon as they are released.

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 19 Nov 2008 12:42

Hi darceybutton,

Have a look at this post from the EMFields manager regarding earthing here:

"earthing the YShield shouldn't make any difference to the screening quality. Earthing the paint simply stops it re-radiating any electric fields it picks up from the house wiring. As the paint is carbon based, it is conductive, and if close to the source of an electric field, it can pick it up. Earthing the paint will make sure that the field is well.. earthed. Whether the painted surface is earthed or not makes no difference to its capability to screen out microwaves."

Link to entire post.

Maude
# Posted: 8 May 2009 22:11

Can anyone explain me how to earth shielding paint? I was advised by a geobiologist to use it in my bathroom wall and one of my bedroom wall with I share with neighbours to stop their wireless internet from coming into our bedroom.
I painted one wall of the bathroom but how do i earth the paint?
I have no socket except one for razor, am i supposed to connect the wire into the socket or just the wore touching metal? also do i need to earth the paint before I put another colour paint on it or can I pint white on the shielding paint and then earth it?
Sorry i'm new with this and it sounds very complicated.
Also do I need to earth each wall or if they link together is it enough to earth only one wall?
Thanks for your help.

Maude

Jean P
# Posted: 11 May 2009 16:45

Maude,

You can earth the paint by attaching one end (with the plastic sheath striped back to the wires) to the wall with tape, and the other end to the metal part of a radiator. You may need to strip off a bit of the paint to make a good connection. Otherwise run the wire through the door (or wall) and outside the bathroom to the nearest socket or radiator.
You need to earth the paint before you put on the top coat.
If the walls link together it is only necessary to earth the paint once.
Jean Philips (EMFields)

Anonymous
# Posted: 25 Jul 2009 11:24

darceybutton
Hello Darcy,
I am Mario of: www.electrosmogshielding.co.uk
I can see that you have a problem to completely shielding your top room because of beams and tiles/cladding. I will suggest using HNV80 Fleece on the floor area it offers the best available shielding and it can be earthed. at a reasonable price. (A 20 metre roll is £330.00)
Regards, Mario.

daniel
# Posted: 27 Jul 2009 18:08

Maude, how many coats of shielding paint? Do you know how much radiation you shield?

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 27 Jul 2009 22:50

Hi daniel,

One coat of YShield shields about 98% of radiation. Two coats is near perfect shielding.
You can paint two coats on walls/ceiling where most radiation comes through.

Volker
# Posted: 29 Jul 2009 14:51

I totally agree with you Henrik!

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 29 Jul 2009 19:15

hi Volker,

You are from YShield, right?
I was talking to a local painter who's kid can't sleep after he installed wifi.
I briefed him about EMF and the need for screening of electrosensitive peoples houses. His company specializes in environmentally safe paint products and wants to be "on top" of developments regarding paints.
Do you make offers for painters that wish to buy in bulk?

Best, Henrik

Volker
# Posted: 30 Jul 2009 10:42

Hi Hendrik, (Eiriksson?)

Yes, I am from YSHIELD. If the painter has a demand in shielding paint etc. it goes without saying that we can grant him our retail prices.
But I would recommend him contacting Sarah Paine from EMFields first as she also offers the HSF54 etc.
But if he wants to order directly from us, the manufacturer, don´t hesitate to give him our address etc.
Thanks Hendrik!

Volker

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 30 Jul 2009 12:47

Volker,

Yes, I'm Henrik Eiriksson.
The painter in question is from Denmark and I don't know of any resellers in DK.

Thanks for the reply.

Volker
# Posted: 30 Jul 2009 14:59

Henrik,

we used to have a distributor who tried to sell our products. Biosundhed Aps in Gelsted. But this failed.

Do you want to give me his E-Mail or forward him mine? It´s info@yshield.com

Thanks Henrik!

kathy
# Posted: 7 Apr 2012 04:39

Hi, can anyone tell me why my mobile phone can still pick up my neighbours WiFi signal even after shielding with yshield paint HSF54, 3 coates of it. Most of my home is shielded yet I can still pick up both WiFi from neighbours and mobile phn signal. Does this mean radiation is still getting through ?

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 8 Apr 2012 00:02

kathy,

I tiny portion of the radiation will always get through as YShield paint blocks 99.98%. You can't use the phone's bars or computer's wifi to measure how much radiation is entering your space because phones and wifi are very sensitive and will show that there is a signal even though it is extremely weak but that does not mean that either the phone or wifi can actually work with such weak signal. It just means that phone/wifi can barely sense some tower or router signal but that there's probably not enough signal to actually get a call going or transfer data via the wifi.
Also consider if radiation might be coming through windows, up through the floors/from the ceilings (if you live in an appartment).
In any case you'll need proper measuring gear to get accurate readings.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
You can post anonymously by entering a nickname with no password (if that nickname has not been taken by another member) or by leaving both fields empty. If you have an account you can also log in from this page without posting a message.

These forums are running on discussion forum software miniBB™ © 2001-2022