- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -
www.mast-victims.org forum / General discussion / "Smart Meters"
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . >>
ericgeneric
# Posted: 15 May 2010 14:21

N.B
"A smart grid will be set-up and smart meters rolled out, also feed-in tariff systems for electricity."

There will be a 'smart grid', 'feed -in tariff'.
It means that the meter reading can be read remotely, energy use can be regulated by charging higher prices for peak-use periods, equipment can be remotely turned on-off by the energy providers, and that effectively we will be permanent subjected to the HF-EMR that will be used for these communications.
They can charge what they want when they want.

Will we be able to opt out?
What will it cost to opt-out?

I remain very concerned about the smart meter proposals.

Hi, I couldn't see any of this in the article being linked to...is it somewhere else on their site?

EG.

Anonymous
# Posted: 16 May 2010 21:33

eg

N.B.
That was My comment on the end.
ME

ericgeneric
# Posted: 17 May 2010 00:37

Ah right.

I was hoping Mr Cameron might have stopped this mad scheme in its tracks, but I suppose now he also has to answer to the Lib Dem contingent, it's not so straightforward. No doubt the Wind Turbine nonsense will get priority as well.

EG.

agnes
# Posted: 12 Sep 2010 02:35

So guys.
WHY dont we hassle them?
It is a huge treat to US, the blo..y mast for the utility will be just outside our frontroom window, and the neighbours will be "Reporting" as well.
Imagine the " Perfect Electromagnetic Radiation Storm" just outside your window!
So, What will we do?
Get a power generator that works on petrol or diesel to serve our needs for power and heating (whatever the fireplaces and woodburners can´t deliver?

Or, do we pull rank as an ABUSED part of society and DEMAND CHOICE, that NOT ONLY Covers OUR TRACK (I live on a countryside track with ca. 10 houses, but will be a lot more difficult in towns) but like the new Mast Lav in India, that for applications to put masts on an apartment building you will need a 100% of the residents to approve the scheme, NOT 98% BUT a 100%
Thats the sort we need.
So, get going, THINK!
Lets get a plan together, decide Who to Harrass and Swamp with objections.
I am sure I can drum up some support, but you have to help me to make it big enough to get the UK politicians to heel.

So, not a penny for your thoughts, but a pound!
Keep me informed, of your thoughts and strategies for action.
Best regards.
Agnes
agnes@mast-victims.org

agnes
# Posted: 12 Sep 2010 02:40

I forgot to mention that Catherine Gamba, in Fife, has written to the Chief Executive of her power provider, Scottish and Southern, and he has promished her, by letter, that there will be a choise of wired or wireless, but if you think about it, we want more than that, we want All our neighbourhoos to Stay Wired!
Best Agnes

ericgeneric
# Posted: 12 Sep 2010 03:14

I like your attitude, Agnes! We cannot afford to just take this c*** any longer. Look at what happened when enough people kicked up a fuss about the HMRC tax scheme to claw back money from them.

The government, and big companies, are just bullies. When confronted with the truth with enough conviction, they often back down and show how weak they are. I've certainly had enough of being bullied by them, and sick of them thinking they are above the law (or rewriting the law to suit their interests).

Basic human choices, the right to safety and comfort in your own home, are being violated at every turn. There has to come a point when enough is enough.

EG.

Daliarw
# Posted: 19 Sep 2010 22:28

Smart Meters! I hate to sound sceptical, seems to me like the Nanny State interfering again in peoples lives, when they can get something out of it (higher prices etc when they choose). I am also horrified that they will be able to turn our equipment on and off when they wish( Orwell's 1984!!!) but this Nanny State does not act a proper nanny and protect the children when they need it from peddlars and meddlers and the hungry wolves! I for one shall refuse such meter, what right do they have to come into my home and put one in. I shall simply not let them in the door. they cant come in without my freewill, otherwise it is trespass. Now I wonder what the Nanny state will do then if lots of us refuse?? Slap our Wrists?

Ann
# Posted: 14 Oct 2010 17:05

I am very worried about this but my family don't support me and say I am imagining the efects of microwave radiation

Anonymous
# Posted: 14 Oct 2010 18:34

Ann

You most definitely are not imagining it.

http://www.powerwatch.org.uk/news/20050722_bamberg.asp
22/07/2005 - German Doctors unite on RF health effects

Dr Waldmann Selsam and other doctor colleagues in bamberg, Germany studied the effects of microwave radiation from various sources in patients in their homes. The measured the levels present in their homes. They found adverse effects at readings above 10 micrwatts per square metre.

Open letter to Edmund Stoiber, Prime Minister of Bavaria in Germany

"These reports show that the people for years have been ill due to pulsed high frequency electromagnetic fields, without the treating doctors recognising the cause. For that reason, people who are receiving the high frequency at home or at work have suffered and are suffering and they receive no therapy. The deciding [effective] therapy is to end the exposure.

"The continually repeated assertion in the media by the Radiological Protection Commission (Strahlenschutzkommission), that there is no proof for health risks under the present valid limits, has had the consequence that most doctors, (including myself until a year ago) have not drawn a relationship between the many unexplained illness patterns and high frequency radiation. The doctors do not know that at not one single mobile phone base station have investigations into the health-state of the people been carried out. Thus, the evaluation of the Strahlenschutzkommission in 2001 has no scientific basis.

"In Oberfranken, we have just evaluated the medical complaints of 356 people who have had long-term [radiation] exposure in their homes.

* The pulsed high frequency electro magnetic fields (from mobile phone base stations, from cable-less DECT telephones, amongst others), led to a new, previously unknown pattern of illnesses with a characteristic symptom complex.
* People suffer from one, several or many of the following symptoms: Sleep disturbances, tiredness, disturbance in concentration, forgetfulness, problem with finding words, depressive mood, ear noises, sudden loss of hearing, hearing loss, giddiness, nose bleeds, visual disturbances, frequent infections, sinusitis, joint and limb pains, nerve and soft tissue pains, feeling of numbness, heart rhythm disturbances, increased blood pressure episodes, hormonal disturbances, night-time sweats, nausea.
* Even at 10µW/m2 (only 0.06 V/m average) many people are becoming ill.
* The symptoms occur in temporal and spatial relationship to exposure. It is no way only a subjective sensitivity disturbance. Disturbances of rhythm, hearing problems, sudden deafness, hearing loss, loss of vision, increased blood pressure, hormonal disturbances, concentration impairments, and others can be proved using scientific objective measures.
* Some of the health disturbance disappears immediately the exposure ceases (removal of DECT telephone, temporary moving away from home, permanently moving away, using shielding).

"Therefore, the expansion must be stopped immediately. Mobile phone base stations, in whose fields people are exposed to more than 10µW/m2 must be turned off.

"DECT telephones must be changed.

"Affected people, relatives and doctors must jointly commit themselves and work together with all their energy [to this end].

"Evaluation of symptoms of 356 people under long time home exposure to high frequency pulsed electromagnetic fields (DECT,telephones, mobile phone base stations) versus the level of the power flux density in microwatts per square metre."

Foreword - Documented Health Damage under the Influence of High Frequency Electromagnetic Fields
Dr. Cornelia Waldmann Selsam, Karl-May-Str.48, 96049 Bamberg

Go to the www.powerwatch org.uk link for the graphs.

ES

Anonymous
# Posted: 14 Oct 2010 18:59

Look up

http://www.buergerwelle.de/pdf/observations_from_a_psychotherapy_practice.pdf

Observations from a Psychotherapy Practice
on Mobile Telecommunications and DECT Telephones
by

Dr. med. Christine Aschermann
Psychiatrist Psychotherapist
Eichenstr. 6
D-88299 Leutkirch
Germany

Excerpt:

"In October 2002, a group of doctors to which I too belong 'went public' for the first time.
They addressed the general public as well as those who are responsible in the health care system and politics by launching the "Freiburg Appeal" [German = "Freiburger Appell"].
They pointed out the increase in cancers, heart attacks and strokes that are also occurring in young patients, as well as numerous other disorders that appear in the environment of DECT telephones and mobile telecommunications transmitters, and they demanded that politicians and industry take action.
I quote: – "In recent years, we have observed...a dramatic increase of serious and chronic illnesses, especially:
• Learning-, concentration- and behavioural disorders in children (e.g. hyperactivity)
• Derailment of blood pressure that is increasingly difficult to control with medication, cardiac arrhythmias, heart attacks and strokes in ever younger people
• Degenerative brain illnesses (e.g. Alzheimer's disease) and epilepsy
• Cancers such as leukaemia and brain tumours

An ever increasing occurrence of various disorders that are often interpreted as psychosomatic disorders, such as
• Headaches and migraine
• Chronic exhaustion
Dr. Christine Aschermann 2 Observations- June 2009
• Inner agitation
• Insomnia and daytime tiredness
• Tinnitus
• Susceptibility to infections
• Nerve and soft tissue pains that cannot be explained by usual causes.
We can no longer believe that this is purely coincidental because too often, we are observing a marked increase in the number of specific illnesses in areas or in housing exposed to telecommunications radiation. Too often, the illnesses – which have existed for months or even years - improve or disappear in a relative short time following the reduction or elimination of a radiation exposure in the patients´ environment. Furthermore, too often, the measurements carried out by building biologists confirm exceptionally high electromagnetic radiation intensity at the location of our observations."

Ann
I suggest that you print it out or send them the file.

ES

Ann
# Posted: 18 Nov 2010 17:08

ES,
Thank you or the information. I have printed it all out and will tell them to read it.
I have managed to control my symptoms by not having a mobile phone and nothing wireless in the house.
As a matter of interest due to having to look after an old lady at the moment and having given up my job (temporarily) I feel much bettter and have been able to notice things in the house that affect me such as a TV. Before I had vague symptoms due to wireless gadgets at work and did not notice the t.v. However, I seem to be able to cope with this - it just gives me a bit of a headache if I sit too close. Please note also I don't find the newer TVs a problem, the plasma or LCD. Does that make sense to anyone? Do these give off less microwaves?

Anonymous
# Posted: 18 Nov 2010 19:44

I have had more ES problems since the change to digital TV here.

Some people cannot tolerate TVs at all. Not the older cathode ray tube [CRT] TVs. Or the newer TVs.

My old CRT TV with analogue TV was not a problem for me.
We were given a relatively new CRT TV - 1 or 2 years old- which is more technical and I have had prickling skin ever since then when i turn on the TV.

I particularly notice a problem when I go anywhere near the TVs in TESCOs.

I changed the CRT monitor for my computer for a flat screen.
that has improved by not removed the prickling and burning that i now feel is I stay at the computer too long.

If you have not so done so already look at the http://www.es-uk.info/ website.

I know some electrosensitive people who are sensitive not only to microwave radiation but who are also reacting to electrical equipment.

ES

Ann
# Posted: 19 Nov 2010 17:04

Anonymous thank you for your reply.
It is the cathode ray type that seems to affect me. I have not noticed the newish one doing the same thing. I don't get headaches or that fuzzy sleepy feeling.
I put the old one in the bedroom and that is how I happened to notice. Also if I watch it before bed I don't seem to sleep as well.
It has to be said it has not been a real problem. The first time I really thought microwaves were making me ill was after I bought a microwave oven and many years later did I make the connection, when I realised that I was getting the same symptoms from my mobile phone.

But this smart metre business is making me very concerned not only for me but for the population and children in particular! We will just not be able to get away from this microwave smog!

Anonymous
# Posted: 19 Nov 2010 23:06

Ann

Look at articles here.
http://www.emfields.org/library/index.asp
There is an article on TVs.

I am electrosensitive and I cannot stand mobile phone/phone mast/DECT/ TETRA radiation.
The prospect of smart meters is horrendous!

ericgeneric
# Posted: 19 Nov 2010 23:10

Ann, for CRT television sets I put an EMR-reducing device onto them - people have told me they are utterly useless but I can only go on my experience and they have been helpful to me! They cost around Ł40-50 from places like Healthy House (and possibly EMFields sell them too).

For years I could not stand to be near any CRT sets; these make them okay for me.

EG.

ann
# Posted: 25 Nov 2010 15:43

Eric,

I am glad you found something that has helped you but this TV is so old now that it is not worth spending #50 on it. I just stopped using it. I was not happy about having a tv in the bedroom anyway!
Now I think we should go back to the discussion about smart meters, which worries me greatly.
Have you got any adresses we could write to or shall we write to the energy companies and our MPs?

Another point: it seems that D. Cameron wants to know if the country is happy.
I have a suggestion: get rid of all these mobile phone technologies or at least reduce them. Put wired computers in schools, ban mobile phones in schools and remove all the smart boards, remove masts from school grounds and build up areas, and educate people that mobile phones can cause illness and they should reduce their use.
Not only do microwaves cause headaches, possibly cancers but I think they can make people depressed - all because they affect the brain waves.
This can make people unhappy!
I think generally people are much more unhappy than they were 20 years ago and it seems that they have been spending their way trying to find happiness! People complain so much these days.

Sorry - back to smart meters. These are bound to compound the problem of microwave exposure and goodness knows how they will affect people.

ericgeneric
# Posted: 26 Nov 2010 01:44

Another point: it seems that D. Cameron wants to know if the country is happy.
I have a suggestion: get rid of all these mobile phone technologies or at least reduce them.

Amen to that! I don't know whether to laugh or cry when the PM of this country comes out with nonsense ideas (sorry, initiatives) of this kind.

As you say, there is an easy answer and solution to the rise of anger, violence, depression and general unease in society. GET RID OF THIS TECHNOLOGY. Now. Before it's too damn late.

EG.

Ann
# Posted: 1 Dec 2010 17:13

Yes, but Eric, nobody in the elite, media, government, etc. recognises this problem. I hope some of them or their relatives start to suffer with ES and then something may be done, but then they will probably not recongise it as ES and call it stress, depression or nervous problems!
It is desperate! These technologies are ruining so many peoples' lives and yet they not are even considered as causing ill-health.

You know today they were talking, on the BBC News, that the size of your index finger indicates wheather you are likely to get one type of cancer. That is what we are reduced to and somebody actually paid for this research to be carried out! Yet the evidence for microwaves causing disease is overwhelming but there is no time for it in the media, let alone the BBC News!

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 1 Dec 2010 17:43

Ann,

I've heard many accounts of journalists being interested in following up leads on stories about microwaves and cancer, be it mobiles, masts, wifi or such, but more often than not their quest is stopped cold by the editors.

So what's going on? Are these editors worried about losing advertising money? or is some kind of controlled censorship happening?

ericgeneric
# Posted: 1 Dec 2010 18:16

I've heard many accounts of journalists being interested in following up leads on stories about microwaves and cancer, be it mobiles, masts, wifi or such, but more often than not their quest is stopped cold by the editors.

So what's going on? Are these editors worried about losing advertising money? or is some kind of controlled censorship happening?

I think it is....look at the Daily Mail, for instance. Their weekend paper had a huge advert for a free iPhone/Smartphone app that can be downloaded wirelessly from any location. So they are actively invested in, and promoting the further use of, wi-fi technology while simultaneously "allowing" the likes of Alisdair Philips to write heavily compromised articles which are then torn to shreds on their website (and no doubt in future letters pages).

Meanwhile, the BBC Inside Out chap has gone silent after our initial exchanges. Could be due to a delay in interviewing the US experts he wanted to have on board, or could be editorial intervention.

EG.

Ann
# Posted: 2 Dec 2010 17:01

In my next life I will come back as a journalist! They are the ones with the real power, but sadly having a scientific education prevents me from being able to write well.
In the meantime I am devastated to think that so many people's lives will be ruined by these microwave technologies.
Of course the editors are worried about losing advertising money. These technologies, which appear to have taken over the 21st century, are worth billions.

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 2 Dec 2010 17:13

Ann,

You should come back as an editor I would say.

Personally, I hope to come back as a cat... they have all the real power ;-)
You know... paw and order.

Ann
# Posted: 2 Dec 2010 17:20

In my next life I will come back as a journalist! They are the ones with the real power, but sadly having a scientific education prevents me from being able to write well.
In the meantime I am devastated to think that so many people's lives will be ruined by these microwave technologies.
Of course the editors are worried about losing advertising money. These technologies, which appear to have taken over the 21st century, are worth billions.

ericgeneric
# Posted: 9 Dec 2010 18:33

For CRT television sets I put an EMR-reducing device onto them - people have told me they are utterly useless but I can only go on my experience and they have been helpful to me

Apologies for quoting myself (and not staying strictly on topic!) but today our Sky digibox was replaced after 10 years because the old one had ceased giving a watchable signal/picture. I'm feeling pretty strong EMFs coming from it (which the previous box didn't create for some reason). It's inside a cabinet with glass doors, but it isn't stopping it from affecting me.

Healthy House don't do anything for set-top/digiboxes themselves, so I wanted to throw the question out on here in case someone knows of a good solution to this problem!

EG.

charles
# Posted: 10 Dec 2010 10:54

I have found such problems also with a satellite receiver.

But after measuring, I found, that the television makes the *dirty air*, not so the receiver.
It is the conversion of the digital signals to the analog ones in the television itsself.
The *imaging* in the televison is the cause for our problems.

The CMO basestation IV may help here.
http://www.stralingsproducten.nl/stralingsproducten/webshop

ericgeneric
# Posted: 11 Dec 2010 14:38

Thanks, charles. I've ordered a similar kind of device from the UK. Hopefully it'll reduce the problems enough to be bearable.

EG.

Agnes
# Posted: 29 Jan 2011 01:24

Smart meters are at centre of growing health scare

http://www.mast-victims.org/index.php?content=news&action=view&type=newsitem&id=5117

Agnes
# Posted: 29 Jan 2011 01:29

This letter was received by my friend Catherine Gamba and the sender asked for it to be passed on to others as a "Might be a solution"

Dect/Wifi Info for you

Dear Catherine.
We have just moved house and were connected to BT this week. Whilst I have no BT Home Hub, Wifi or DECT and am 300m away from the nearest house, I was convinced I was getting wifi as I was getting the wifi headache since the phone was installed.

I just had a chat with BT about this as I was also getting voices on the line. They just told me that if you have a neighbour who has DECT or WIFI the signal can come down the line to you even though you may not have a BT Home Hub, DECT or Wifi.

They have told me to try the following solution, which at the moment seems to be working:

Take off the socket cover on the wall; there is a test socket underneath slightly to the right of the one on the outside of the socket. Plug in there and see if the problem goes away.

Unbelievable. Pass it on.
Regards
Geoff

ericgeneric
# Posted: 29 Jan 2011 03:19

Thankyou for this, Agnes. We seem to have this very problem of wi-fi being detected in our home (along with severe phoneline interference) despite having nothing in the house which would be creating it.

EG.

microscott
# Posted: 23 Feb 2011 12:29

Smart meters require the use of power line communications. This has already caused suffering for many americans where they have used it as a solution to rural broadband. Let me make it clear - the signals don't go down the wire, they turn the whole grid into a microwave transmitter.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mLtygxIaFs
Keep your eyes on this
http://www.neighbourhoodinvestor.com/Merseyside/article.asp?id=411
it has now disappeared from beeb news!

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
You can post anonymously by entering a nickname with no password (if that nickname has not been taken by another member) or by leaving both fields empty. If you have an account you can also log in from this page without posting a message.

These forums are running on easy forum software miniBB™ © 2001-2018