- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -
www.mast-victims.org forum / General discussion / "Smart Meters"
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . >>
ericgeneric
# Posted: 11 May 2011 18:14

^ This is what I am starting to think. Unless all the high-flying businessmen, scientists and politicians have somehow got a magic human defence shield against EMRs, they are going to be affected just like everyone else. And make the some nonsensical, irrational and plain wrong decisions.....about OUR lives.

EG.

Will
# Posted: 30 May 2011 11:46

Ha ha! That didn't take long.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/28/business/28hack.html

ME
# Posted: 2 Aug 2011 13:28

I had an email from WHICH magazine today alerting me to an email added to this discussion on smart meters.
Alan is right. It is outrageous. And it is very sneaky!
Beware!
=========================

Author: Alan
Comment:
I had one of these gas meters installed under the guise of a battery replacement 6 weeks ago...it was only after this dam thing has broken down 4 times in the last week I have found out its a smart meter. When I asked about my credit going back onto my replacement meter he said it is done by "phone" to my meter. I have not given these guys the right to hack my phone as I see it and send data to them in this manor. This is outragous!!

See all comments on this post here:
http://conversation.which.co.uk/energy-home/is-my-smart-meter-spying-on-me/#comments

ME
# Posted: 1 Sep 2011 22:05

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14738449
British Gas installs smart meters

gussygoffinsmum
# Posted: 11 Nov 2011 12:32

Hello,
I've been told by my Doctor that I need to avoid EMFs and I'm wondering if fibre optic broadband is good for someone that's electrically sensitive or bad? Thanks to anyone that can help.

ericgeneric
# Posted: 11 Nov 2011 18:13

Hi, apparently it's safer. Any kind of wired connection is essential for avoiding EMFs. ADSL is another option.

EG.

gussygoffinsmum
# Posted: 12 Nov 2011 13:19

Hi eric, thanks so much for your reply

ericgeneric
# Posted: 12 Nov 2011 17:29

You're welcome. Be sure to disable any bluetooth/wireless settings on your PC as well.

EG.

Anonymous
# Posted: 13 Nov 2011 04:07

See the major fight against Smart Meters happening in British Columbia, Canada. An official petition is being launched. Lots of good info here.
www.stopsmartmetersbc.ca

ericgeneric
# Posted: 3 Dec 2011 02:18

Beware of offers from your energy firms, giving huge discounts and incentives to switch to just one company to provide both electricity and gas. They need customers to be supplied with both forms of energy to be able to install the smart meters; keep gas and electricity separate with different providers, and they can't automatically upgrade your meters.

EG.

Anonymous
# Posted: 3 Dec 2011 12:55

EG
Thanks for pointing that out. That is very useful to know.
ES

Wifi222
# Posted: 27 Feb 2012 22:42

Interesting EG, were I live they promote it as being "smartie" pants that if they take on this "image" they will be the smartest person in the world, and ahead of their next-door neighbour.

Our state government offers them all these new low-energy light bulbs that emits worse than a fluro tube and full of mercury, and then puts into their hands a small wireless receiver so they can monitor their power usage and to see what apparatus is using too much power.

Now isn't that interesting that they can tell if they should turn OFF this or that, but if they have a wireless receiver in their hand then were is the transmitter?

They also don't know that it's all being transmitted back to a data collecting agency like MI6, and in no time they will know all about the people living in that resident.

Also, if they use the metre for a metre reader to drive down the street to read the metre from the street. I guess that trusting soul would notice that number so and so haven't used any power for the past two weeks and arrange for a burgalry, but that is being a bit overboard in that thinking.

Smart metres have a deceiving other purpose that ease of reading metres.

Yep, they are really a SMARTIE PANTS as the government brain washing advertisement says.

Volker
# Posted: 27 Apr 2012 12:22

Hi guys, seen this already?

http://au.news.yahoo.com/today-tonight/money/article/-/11348901/smart-metre-concerns/

eric generic
# Posted: 27 Apr 2012 19:25

That's very helpful of Y-Shield to downplay the health risks of Smart Meters.

EG.

Volker
# Posted: 30 Apr 2012 15:44

@EG

Eric, what is wrong with you? That is anything but downplaying!
Give me an example please.

eric generic
# Posted: 30 Apr 2012 17:14

Hi Violker,

The Y-Shield expert/representative in that Australian article takes high readings (which is as expected) but then goes on to equate non-stop smart meter pulsing in the home as no different (ie not any harm harmful) to mobile phones or microwave ovens, which most people also have in homes. The big, vital difference, of course, is that smart meters are forced upon people - there is no choice - and also that nobody uses their ovens or phones 24/7!

That article's tone is dismissive of EHS sufferers, which isn't totally the Y-Shield person's fault. He just made a comment that could be easily twisted to suit the pro-Smart Meter agenda, which that story ultimately is part of.

EG.

ES
# Posted: 6 May 2012 22:31

The Energy Minister recently stated in the House of Commons that people do NOT have to accept a smart meter.

A word of caution about utility companies and smart meters:
An elderly friend recently had a letter from E.ON informing her that 'her current meter is old and needs replacing'. She arranged for EON to fit the meter last week. Unfortunately, she did not mention this until yesterday.
E.ON did not tell her whether it is wireless smart meter.

My suspicion is that it will be a smart meter.
I have been warned about this tactic being tried on someone else.

EON did a trial and I fear that they may be attemping to sneak them into homes.

I have written a letter to my energy provider to inform them that i will not accept a smart meter.

I suggest that others also write to their energy providers to make sure that they do not just assume you consented to the smart meter installation.
Especially, if your meters are located outside your home.

There is plenty of information on the ES-UK website about this smart metr issue. You can object for reasons of safety, security and privacy.

ES

ericgeneric
# Posted: 7 May 2012 01:14

The Energy Minister recently stated in the House of Commons that people do NOT have to accept a smart meter.

Yes, this is what I keep reading, yet at the same time there has been a steady stream of media articles in the past few weeks which never acknowledge or mention this very important point.

Poor research, or deliberate attempts to confuse and mislead the public? The government, as you say, have not said they are compulsory, and the energy companies, if you do contact them about this (as we have done), also say the same.

Be vigilant and aware, I suppose is the only advice. The media are trying to fudge the truth.

EG.

Anonymous
# Posted: 5 Jun 2012 23:28

An elderly friend living in Lancashire has recently had a Landis & Gyr electricity meter [type 5253a] installed by EON. white box - rectangular shape - i guess it is a smart meter.

Has anyone else had a meter installed by EON in the UK?
Or know anyone who has had a meter installed by EON recently.

Are these meters transmitting yet? Within the home or between the home and the EON company.

Did they give you a headache?
The lady got quite agitated and upset when i suggest checking the meter for HF EMR emissions. But then she is not ES - yet.

Anonymous
# Posted: 6 Jun 2012 12:30

The Landis & Gyr electricity meter [type 5253a] is an electronic meter, not a smart meter.

DM
# Posted: 12 Jul 2013 05:56

Anonymous is right, this is a concentrated global effort to control energy distribution. Huge amounts of money have come down from governments of multiple countries simultaneously for this technology all under the pretense of "eco-friendly" and "energy saving" systems. This is the rise of the technocrats, and their plan is for no one to escape the tyranny. Eventually, THEY WILL roll out the smart meter plan in the UK. Fortunately, there is grassroots action! Here in the states, the most effective method of resistance that I've seen is to lock up your analog meter:

http://stopsmartmeters.org/2011/03/01/defend-your-analog-meter/

Depending on laws, you can post signage saying it is illegal to step foot on your premises to install a meter without your express written consent (this example is from Australia):

http://stopsmartmetersau.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/attention-stop-sign.pdf

People have also paid private electricians to install an analog meter that they bought after they had a smart meter installed on their home. Sometimes the consequence being the "punishment" of the power company disconnecting your power:

http://peachlandnews.com/blog/2013/04/17/smart-meter-dispute-leads-to-disconnection/

If I could do it over again, I would definitely lock up my analog. Right now, I am paying for a costly "opt out" program, which is extortion in my book. I am still getting smart meter signals from all of my neighbors anyway....I too had to screen my whole house with aluminum screening to protect myself and my family when at home.

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 12 Jul 2013 12:15

DM,

"This is the rise of the technocrats, and their plan is for no one to escape the tyranny."

Don't worry too much. The technocrats base all their power on software driven implements. All software has flaws and vulnerabilities. Period. The quality of 99% of software is questionable and security is almost always a wishful afterthought in the frenzy to roll things out. If things are plugged into a publicly accessible network, even worse.
I doubt that said technocrats even understand technology, they just want control at any price. So when s.h.*.t hits the fan, they'll be totally helpless.

Take for example the locking up of analog meters. That's a security measure that you can't easily break without attracting attention. You can break software security without anyone suspecting a thing. Don't even have to be anywhere near the target installation. The recent network eavesdropping scandal makes that quite clear.

ES
# Posted: 24 Jul 2013 23:43

PUBLICATION OF 'SMART METER ROLL OUT' Report

http://www.parliament.uk/business/committees/committees-a-z/commons-select/energy-and -climate-change-committee/news/smart-meter-publication/
===========================================

PUBLICATION OF 'SMART METER ROLL OUT' Report

The Energy and Climate Change Committee will publish its report Smart meter roll out (HC 161) on Saturday 27 July 2013 at 00.01 am.

Embargoed copies of the Report will be available electronically to members of the press and witnesses by prior arrangement on Friday 26 July 2013 from 11.00am.

· Members of the press who wish to receive an electronic advance copy should contact Nick Davies in the Media Office at daviesnick@parliament.uk;

· Witnesses who wish to request an electronic advance copy should e-mail ecc@parliament.uk or call the Committee Assistant on 020 7219 2158.

It will then be available at www.parliament.uk/eccpublications from 00.01 am on Saturday 27 July 2013. Further copies may be obtained from the Stationery Office (0845 702 3474) or from the Parliamentary Bookshop (020 7219 3890).

ericgeneric
# Posted: 25 Jul 2013 00:25

And this is despite Tim Yeo's suspension for discussions with lobbyists? Who's in charge of the committee/report now?

EG.

S
# Posted: 27 Jul 2013 15:22

The Smart Meter Report 4 is now freely available online here at the
UK government website.

http://www.parliament.uk/business/committees/committees-a-z/commons-select/energy-and -climate-change-committee/news/smart-meter-publication/

ericgeneric
# Posted: 27 Jul 2013 17:48

277 pages!!!

Maybe someone can summarise what the report's conclusions are, if any.

EG.

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 27 Jul 2013 18:22

ericgeneric,

The report won't be public until 00.01 am on Saturday 27 July 2013

ericgeneric
# Posted: 27 Jul 2013 21:16

That was 1 minute past midnight this morning....?

It's up there to view and download as a PDF. I just hoped someone might know what it says comes next, after 277 pages of evidence. Perhaps nothing yet, maybe it's simply obliged to put down all the documented evidence this far.

EG.

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 28 Jul 2013 00:11

Henrik,

Ah... hehe, yes you're right :-)
Did look but didn't spot the PDF download link...

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 28 Jul 2013 00:30

This just in:
"When 'Smart Homes' Get Hacked: I Haunted A Complete Stranger's House Via The Internet"
http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2013/07/26/smart-homes-hack/

Just shows perfectly how online security is often an afterthought on the backburner in the frenzy to roll things out.

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
You can post anonymously by entering a nickname with no password (if that nickname has not been taken by another member) or by leaving both fields empty. If you have an account you can also log in from this page without posting a message.

These forums are running on bulletin board software miniBB™ © 2001-2024