- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -
www.mast-victims.org forum / General discussion / "Smart Meters"
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . >>
agnes
# Posted: 28 Jul 2013 00:41

Hi All.
Sart Meters are Optional, and anyone can OPT OUT!
It requires though that you write to your power provider and Opt OUT on paper.
Stop Smart meters.org.uk has a form ready to sign, and here is the link:

http://stopsmartmeters.org.uk/dont-smart-meter-me-notice-of-non-consent-for-smart-met er-installation/

If you do not agree with All the wording of the doc, (it originates in the US, so I didnot want the wording as it was put in the letter) copy it over into a Word document (or any other doc) and send it to the Director/VP or top exec. of operations at your power provider.
I suggest you get it done soon, as I fear the Government will change the rule, ? of course, If You Have Opted Out on Paper, it will probably be a criminal act for the utility to install one at your property.
Best regards.
Agnes

P.S. 277 pages of Official speak Gobblydog "intended for the public to
read" would in my view come under Human Rights Act Abuse! [b][/b]
Agnes

agnes
# Posted: 28 Jul 2013 00:44

Henrik.
A link to the smart meter report 4 pdf. is here:

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201314/cmselect/cmenergy/161/16102.htm
Best regards.
Agnes

agnes
# Posted: 28 Jul 2013 00:52

Hi all.
Here is a link to the chapter on OPT OUT of a Smart Meter installation:
It will tell you where you stand with opt outs:

Opt-out and charging
http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201314/cmselect/cmenergy/161/16102.htm
Best regards.
Agnes

agnes
# Posted: 28 Jul 2013 00:53

Hi All.
Sart Meters are Optional, and anyone can OPT OUT!
It requires though that you write to your power provider and Opt OUT on paper.
Stop Smart meters.org.uk has a form ready to sign, and here is the link:

http://stopsmartmeters.org.uk/dont-smart-meter-me-notice-of-non-consent-for-smart-met er-installation/

If you do not agree with All the wording of the doc, (it originates in the US, so I didnot want the wording as it was put in the letter) copy it over into a Word document (or any other doc) and send it to the Director/VP or top exec. of operations at your power provider.
I suggest you get it done soon, as I fear the Government will change the rule, ? of course, If You Have Opted Out on Paper, it will probably be a criminal act for the utility to install one at your property.
Best regards.
Agnes

P.S. 277 pages of Official speak Gobblydog "intended for the public to
read" would in my view come under Human Rights Act Abuse! [b][/b]
Agnes

Anonymous
# Posted: 4 Aug 2013 20:43

Complaint to OFGEM about British Gas misleading customers.

http://stopsmartmeters.org.uk/ofgem-complaint-british-gas-misleading-customers-on-sma rt-meters/

Personally, I would call it blatant lying to customers!!

M

De
# Posted: 13 Oct 2013 17:32

You might be interested to read the letter from the Health minister!

Our ref: TO00000808530

Ms Dee Andrew

Dear Ms Andrew,

Thank you for your letter of 1 August to Anna Soubry about the potential health impact of mobile phone technology, wi-fi and smart meters. I have been asked to reply.

As part of the Government's plans to improve the public health system, policy responsibility for public health issues was transferred to Public Health England (PHE), an executive agency of the Department of Health, on 1 April.

PHE advises the Government on all scientific aspects of electromagnetic fields (EMFs), including the effects of mobile and wireless technology (including Wi-Fi and smart meters). In turn, PHE is advised on science and research priorities by its independent Advisory Group on Non-Ionising Radiation (AGNIR). AGNIR'S 2003 review concluded that:

'Exposure levels from living near to mobile phone base stations are extremely low, and the overall evidence indicates that they are unlikely to pose a risk to health.'

The worldwide science has been under review since this report was produced and more recent studies, as reviewed by AGNIR in 2012, have not changed this position. This review is available on the PHE website by visiting www.hpa.org.uk and searching for the 2003 review.

The current view of the PHE and the World Health Organization (WHO) is that there is no consistent evidence of adverse health effects occurring at levels within the ICNIRP exposure guidelines. WHO has issued fact sheets on mobile phones and health (number 193), base stations and wireless technologies (number 304), and a new research agenda in 2010. These documents are available on the WHO website (www.who.int/en/). WHO will be performing a formal risk assessment of all studied health outcomes from exposure to radiofrequency fields, including mobile phones, in the near future.

Alongside other EU member states, the UK supports European Council Recommendation EC519/1999 on limiting exposure to EMFs produced by telecommunications equipment such as mobile phones and masts. This recommendation incorporates the 1998 International Commission on Non-Ionising Radiation Protection (ICNIRP) guidelines. In the UK, mobile phones, masts, Wi-Fi and smart meters are expected to comply with the ICNIRP guidelines. The Ofcom audits of base stations over the last ten years have consistently indicated that exposures from base stations are many times, often many thousands of times, below the international guideline levels.

The Department's policy on mobile phones is also consistent with recommendations from the WHO, which can be accessed by visiting its website, www.who.int and searching for mobile phones.

The Government's independently managed Mobile Telecommunications and Health Research (MTHR) programme funds an on-going cohort study on mobile phone use and health (COSMOS) to assess whether there are any health outcomes, from headaches to cancer, from long term (greater than 10 years) use of mobile phones. Information on all the MTHR studies is available at its website (www.mthr.org.uk).

I hope this reply is helpful.

Yours sincerely,

Jane Spencer
Ministerial Correspondence and Public Enquiries

ericgeneric
# Posted: 13 Oct 2013 18:29

I have a one-word reply to that. But I won't repeat it here.

EG.

Anonymous
# Posted: 20 Oct 2013 20:40

The trouble is nobody is interested. We are becoming like those zombies that we see occasionally in films. We are so damped down, with personality changes and so don't care, playing away on the rectangular gadgets that everyone holds. What is happening to us?
If you get hold of it it is interesting to read Giles Coren's last part of his article on all this fabbling on phones etc. and he likens it to the First World War. A hundred years later it is like going through the same changes as took place after the War, and he also dispares but not for the same reasons.

agnes
# Posted: 21 Oct 2013 03:10

Dee.
Just for info, if you ever write again:
The WHO has now classified Microwave Radiation from Wireless "Technology" as a 2B cancer causing agent.

But, of course, it will be in the Gov. Monetary Interest to keep to the advice of the "Shrinks" from Kings College who have been chosen to evaluate the "Physical Health Effects on Humans" from the Microwave Radiation, as that puts cash in the treasury till, for Now.

It would by now be a small disaster if Physisians were put in charge of the diagnostics of EMR and our GP´s learned to diagnose Microwave Radiation Sickness!

Have´nt they (Gov) always done the same, with the other major health disasters that paid off at the time, like Gin Lane, Tobacco, Asbestos, Pharmasautical (f.inst. Thalidomid) etc?

In 10 years time they will have an EMR Medical Disaster on their hands, and we all know what they will come up with: "Lessons Have Been learned"!!!
Hurrah!! (We all see clearly What lessons are actually being learned, by the ongoing killing off the elderly and small children).

No, No Lessons are Ever learned by Governments or politicians.[u][/u]

In the meantime we book an appointment with the local Shrink if we have the Flu or if we are generally feeling under the weather, in case he has not got the time we will have to make do with the GP who will gladly dish out some "Prozak" or similar as pr. official instuctions, which by the way seems to me to be the "Modern Gin Lane" where 2 out of every three people are medicated with some sort of "Cure All Ills" Mental disorder drugs.

I have often wondered Why, but it clearly demonstrates what kind of Intelligence and Integrity they Imagine their "Woting Cattle" are in behold of, and they seem to think we are all so drugged out of our tiny sculls that we put no questions to their actions.

Best regards.
Agnes

De
# Posted: 22 Oct 2013 18:47

Agnes I could not put it better myself!
You know what my fear is - that it has become such a common thing that people would not be able to put cause and effect. They cannot remember a time before this illnesses - headache, dizziness, depression, memory problems, anger! and they just think it is the norm. That is how they've always been. Just take the Prozac and be done with it!
At least we can remember a time before all these!
My mother who is in her 80's keeps asking - why are people so unhappy, they have everything. Why is everybody so ill, what is happening?

torment
# Posted: 23 Oct 2013 14:01

Agnes, I for another could not put it better, would you mind if I put your comment on my thread on NNs forum.

Something I find quite bizarre is that the people doing this to us, are also doing it to themselves, their loved ones, their children even.....they must be in such complete denial to continue in their poisonous activities.

My mother could hear the hum. Around three years ago a mast went up about a hundred yards from her home, followed by another shortly after....this coincided with her being able to hear it, she said she walked in the house one day and it was full of humming vibration.

Sadly she has just passed on. One of the distressing things for me was that we could hear it in the hospital. The doctors at first though she had had a stroke, but on further examination they thought she could well have had a brain tumor. Was this because of the masts and their poisonous radio frequencies/signals?

De
# Posted: 26 Oct 2013 20:52

Sorry to hear about your mother.
I find hospitals are the worst for microwaves. If you know what you are looking for, their WiFi s are all over the place. No wonder doctors and nurses feel constantly stressed and 'don't care'!
my mother too has been ill lately and occasionally needs hospital care where she always feels worse and can't wait to get out.

Anonymous
# Posted: 26 Oct 2013 21:34

Sorry about your mother.
I have had several admissions to hospital recently and the radiation exposures there were horrific. DECT cordless phones, Wi-fi [they deny Wi-fi is there and say it is radio or telemetry - you know what I got a reading for Wi-fi on a Gigahertz-Solutions HFW35C meter. Plus the mobile phones/i Pads/ iPhones/ TETRA etc. I complained about the effects of the signals - headaches, ear pains, visual disturbances. The problem is that the doctors are ignorant about the effects of the radiation. As for the EMR spectrum, they haven't a clue and know nothing about microwave radiation effects or low frequency infrasound effects on the body. I was glad to escape from hospital too!

agnes
# Posted: 27 Oct 2013 02:33

Hi all.
Have you ever given a thought to WHY wireless is now called "Smart Technology"?
The ONLY "Smart" thing about this is that it is the "Smartest Salespitch" yet that I have come across.

Flogging Environmental Pollution to practically everyone, under the name of "Smart Technology" I really am in AWE.
(I wish the guy who dreamt up this definition of a dangerous Environmental pollutant worked for me, I would be a billionaire by now as well, on par with the owners of the wireless industry, only I´m not, but then I am honest!.)

But think about this: "How stupid" and Gullible do you have to be to be a politician, and in one in a government for that, for Pete's sake????

And we VOTE these people in every few years!

Even the so-called GREEN politicians, and others who claim to be ahh... so "Environmentally Conscious" preach about "PROGRESS" with the "Smart Technology" be it mobiles, their microwave radiation spewing masts, "Smart Meters" Dect, Wi-Fi, or whatever, and do What Ever is in their Power to flog this pollution to the nations.
And if people dont want it, they will even stoop to Enforcing it, and in peoples OWN HOMES!

WHY?
Is it perhaps because of the cash flowing into the treasury coffers? Pure Greed?
Or, is it perhaps because, under the cover of danger from terrorist threats they have got away with establishing a system that can monitor the ordinary citizens Every Move???

And, as we all know very well by now, (all over the news at the moment) they even spy on their Allies, which is easy as pie by, listening in on their mobile calls.
I guess, That Happening is our biggest chance of some regulation being introduced on the microwave radiation polluting industry.

Politicians seem to be very comfortable with them monitoring the ordinary people (beats me why the heavens name they bother, judging from the mostly brainless mobile conversations I have not been able to avoid overhearing, but then that is probably just me.)

But, when it comes to the politicians themselves (and I am Not at all convinced their mobile conversations are any more interesting than ordinary peoples) they overheat! and go berserk!

And No, I don't believe it will take 60 years before the Denial will come to an abrupt halt.
When the NHS becomes totally clogged down with "Brain Tumour" patients the penny will start to fall, and they will be forced to start re-evaluating their stance and look for the Real Contaminant, and read the extensive science that already exists now on the dangers of the "Smart".
And this will happen a Lot Sooner than Later.
Best regards.
Agnes

torment
# Posted: 28 Oct 2013 18:02

Thankyou for your kind words following my mothers death....at least mum wasn't electrosensitive, she could hear it though. I am acutely sensitive to just about all things electric and radio frequency. It was appalling in the hospital I was feeling vibration and pain even from the metal bed....it had an electric vibrating pad on the mattress to help prevent bed sores and which for me made the bed feel electrified.

Some of the staff, we were told, could be carrying up to four turned on mobile phones around with them.

A few weeks ago someone from British Gas turned up at my isolated Cumbrian home and informed me they were putting in a smart meter.....I am not even with British Gas! They left on no uncertain terms that I would not be allowing one to be installed.

Anonymous
# Posted: 28 Oct 2013 18:41

@ torment
How awful.

Electrically operated beds are usually installed to reduce nurse back problems, reduce staff needed and also to assist patients with getting up and down in bed. So, electrical and magnetic fields.
To add to the fields from the surrounding equipment, TVs by the bedside, Internet access and phone access.

British Gas - just arrogant and bullying.

ericgeneric
# Posted: 29 Oct 2013 01:53

Just look at those "cartoon" characters they have for staff in their adverts, driving around in space and flying into your property. They even look like thugs!

EG.

agnes
# Posted: 1 Nov 2013 01:00

Hi all.
A new development from Australia, pls. Hold Your Horses all from the UK and Ireland and read the article.
So, here goes:

UN Ruling on public participation on environmental issues has implications for the smart meter rollout in Europe
Article 7 of the UN Aarhus Convention requires full and effective public participation on all environmental issues and demands that citizens are given the right to participate in the process and achieve justice on environmental matters. As of 2 April 2013, there were 46 Parties to the Convention. This takes in most of Western Europe and many of the former Eastern European former Soviet bloc nations.

Considering that the UK and Ireland are two of the signatories to this convention, while smart meters are being rolled out in these countries with no consultation or input from the public, perhaps this could also be considered a violation of Article 7? Australia is not a signatory to the convention but at least it can be said that the current Victorian forced smart meter rollout is in contravention with a UN Convention on human rights.
http://www.mast-victims.org/index.php?content=news&action=view&type=newsitem&id=6220

(..SNIP..) Read the full article on EMFacts blog via source link below...

http://www.emfacts.com/2013/10/un-ruling-on-public-participation-on-environmental-iss ues-has-implications-for-the-smart-meter-rollout-in-europe/

Thank you Don Maisch. we owe you.
Best regards.
Agnes

Arthur
# Posted: 30 Dec 2013 21:10

people:

my sympathy and love

I havent read all the information here, but anyone could quickly tell me what kind of situation do we have if they transmit the data through the electric wiring ?

I guess the fill the grid with dirty electricity and the survaillance capabilities are the same, but anything else?

that is what it is over here in Spain, where they are being deployed at the moment (just a coincidence...of course)

thank you, love

Anonymous
# Posted: 23 Jan 2014 22:07

An article about smart meters and rf radiation

http://www.globalresearch.ca/health-impacts-of-rf-radiation-us-media-blackout-on-smar t-meter-dangers/5365598

Drue
# Posted: 20 May 2014 19:38 - Edited by: Drue

This link may have already been offered:
http://stopsmartmeters.org/frequently-asked-questions/radio-frequency-radiation-issue s/ but I am just now learning about EMFs, etc., Smart Meters and Advanced Meters.

ann
# Posted: 4 Aug 2014 17:28

And Big Business is continuing to pay the experts to tell us that there is really no harm from EMFs because the energies involved are so low. The experts are still only considering the heating effects.
So says a new book recently published about health risks

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 4 Aug 2014 17:59

ann,

Can you please post the title / author of this book?

ann
# Posted: 4 Aug 2014 20:58

I did not want to advertise it. A relative was reading it and I had a browse through. I could send it to your private mail perhaps?

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 4 Aug 2014 21:48

ann,

I don't see the problem in mentioning it here on the forum if it can be helpful to others, but if you'd rather keep it private then you can send info on the book to:
henrik {-at-} mast-victims.org

replace {-at-} with @

ann
# Posted: 14 Sep 2014 17:03

Henrik,
I have now sent it, under another name!

ann
# Posted: 14 Sep 2014 17:04

I sent it to Agnes.

Torment
# Posted: 20 Feb 2015 17:45

Thousands of smart meters removed...because of the risk of fire....

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/01/22/thousands-of-smart-meters-ordered-removed

ann
# Posted: 28 Feb 2015 17:11

Hopefully this will be another nail in the coffin for smart meters. I already plan not to comply and cover them with metal.

ericgeneric
# Posted: 5 Mar 2015 02:08

Blatant, one-sided pro-Smart Meter article (and large front-page banner) in the Daily Express:

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/561660/Smart-meter-2020-every- British-house-energy-bills-gas-electricity

Just a regurgitated PR fluff piece, written by in-house hack usually busy with celebrity nonsense. A thinly-veiled advertisment and propaganda attempt by "Smart Energy GB", a not-for-profit organisation...and we all know what sort of companies and organisations are behind those. Sir Richard Adams' mob spring to mind.

Is this the best they can do?

EG.

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . 5 . 6 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
You can post anonymously by entering a nickname with no password (if that nickname has not been taken by another member) or by leaving both fields empty. If you have an account you can also log in from this page without posting a message.

These forums are running on chat forum software miniBB™ © 2001-2018