- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -
www.mast-victims.org forum / General discussion / The Hum Timetable
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . >>
Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 31 Jan 2012 12:28

charles,

Would you kindly provide a link to the Hum simulator on your website? :-)

charles
# Posted: 2 Feb 2012 13:21

That is:
http://www.milieuziektes.nl/Pagina114d.html

Elocin Adacnom
# Posted: 5 Feb 2012 22:36

Wanted to take a moment to share my experience on the "Hum" I first experienced it in spring of 1997 in Kevil Kentucky. I could not sleep because it sounded as though a diesel truck was idling in the distance. I arose out of my sleepless bed to travel 10 miles out of the way from my work to try and track the noise. I wound up at what was the new lockeed Martin plant. For those not familiar with Lockeed Martin, they sell planes and spaceships literally. But upon existing my car, I could hear no evident noise outside the factory. This hum has been with me on most every location I have lived. ( i have lived in Paducah , kentucky,Memphis Tennessee, now residing in central Florida ) the difference is that now like today, it's louder, and much more frequent. Whatever it is, it's not in my head. I have observed it long enough. It's also not natural. And on my opinion is of a very disruptive nature to those like me affected by it. I have learned to ignore it at best... But it's very hard with my very sensitive ears. I can name a tune in 3 seconds.. Sometimes less. I personally believe it is some repricutions of our over technologically advanced society... To much cellular and wi fi.. That being said I am of my own opinion that it's much darker in nature than even I care to describe, or openly admit, as I just have.

Anonymous
# Posted: 6 Feb 2012 04:02

(abusive post removed by admin)

Tonb
# Posted: 6 Mar 2012 01:27

Hi, sat here in Tonbridge, Kent, UK at 12.30am with the hum having gotten significantly louder at midnight. It's regular and tortuous. I wish I knew where it came from. It is a noise and I want to know the source, purely so I can sleep soundly again.

Anonymous
# Posted: 9 Mar 2012 01:04

So torture becomes bearable when you know what instrument is being used?

Hummedout
# Posted: 15 Aug 2012 01:42

14th August 2012
The Hum is back! I first noticed the described irritating Hum when we moved here a short while ago. Took lots of research to try and find out what it was. However it gradually got quieter and although I was aware of it it didn't bother me.
But suddenly it's come back again louder than ever!
I'm lying here in the early hours not able to sleep.
What the hell is it?
Romney Marsh UK

scouser99
# Posted: 27 Aug 2012 19:29

Langley, British Columbia Canada, engine idle/plane approaching hum was intermittent early 2012 now loud 24x7 . house power off = still there, others can hear it also, unable to trace outside.

ES
# Posted: 7 Dec 2012 14:35

This video is well worth watching.

http://vimeo.com/54189727

RESONANCE - BEINGS OF FREQUENCY
from james russell

RESONANCE is a sensational eye opening documentary which reveals the harm we are doing by existing in an ocean of man made wireless frequencies.
Two billion years ago life first arrived on this planet; a planet, which was filled with a natural frequency. As life slowly evolved, it did so surrounded by this frequency. and Inevitably, it began tuning in.
By the time mankind arrived on earth an incredible relationship had been struck; a relationship that science is just beginning to comprehend.
Research is showing that being exposed to this frequency is absolutely integral to us. It controls our mental and physical health, it synchronizes our circadian rhythms, and it aids our immune system and improves our sense of wellbeing.
Not only are we surrounded by natural frequencies, our bodies are filled with them too. Our cells communicate using electro magnetic frequencies. Our brain emits a constant stream of frequencies and our DNA delivers instructions, using frequency waves. Without them we couldn't exist for more than a second.
This delicate balance has taken billions of years to perfect. But over the last 25 years the harmony has been disturbed. and disturbed dramatically.
Mankind has submerged itself in an ocean of artificial frequencies. They are all around us, filling the air and drowning out the earth's natural resonance.
To the naked eye the planet appears to be the same. But at a cellular level it is the biggest change that life on earth has endured; the affects of which we are just starting to see and feel.

Duration of video - 1:28: 41

fishing4feeling
# Posted: 6 Feb 2013 12:05

I'm in Montreal Quebec, about 6am in the morning and it's at its peak right now. I guess it's just over sensitive hearing cuz tonight is really bad and I can't sleep. When I was a kid, it was just the ringing, but now its both that and the humm and it's getting unbearable to the point I am waking up in the morning cringing feeling this tense feeling at the base of my skull, and I start unplugging things trying to find the source. It almost like I can feel the noise, not just hear it... an unbearable vibration or feeling that my body "feels" like a giant ear. I don't want this.

Anonymous
# Posted: 12 Mar 2013 18:29

I'm having the same issues with this hum here in West Oxfordshire. There are quite a few of us, who can hear/feel this dreaded hum here. This torturous hum is like running a wet finger around a glass. It started June 2010, as others here have said. It's pretty much constant, just varying slightly depending on the background noise. This year it's got worse. I can hear now, over the TV, and dehumidifier. The dehumidifier used to mask it sufficiently for me to sleep, but not now. I've become very ill as a result. I cannot work now, and am not coping. Migraines, depression, body aching, etc are now a constant daily issue. My skull feels, as if it it's going to explode.

I've been in regular communication with Dr Chris Barnes, whose researching this hum. (a hummer too) The council are being helpful, as much as they can. It was measured last Dec at between 50 – 60Hz with a fft meter, with the electricity turned off at the mains. They are coming back this Friday again. I've tried SSE and they deny responsibility. I've tried BT, same again. I simply just can't accept that this is a natural. I simply can't accept that no one knows what the cause is?

Anonymous
# Posted: 13 Mar 2013 21:55

Wind Rush
http://www.epaw.org/documents.php?lang=en&article=ns51

There is an interesting video on wind turbines and infrasound effects on health.
Video: Health effects explained
(abridged, more potent version of Wind Rush)

It isn't just annoying noise
What's interesting in the new documentary WIND RUSH is not the usual mantra about clean energy. What's interesting is that the health effects of windfarms are recognized by health professionals, and explained very clearly. So we made an abridged version grouping the parts that help understand why there is a health problem.

Here it is below. It's an eye-opener for most people.

VIDEO http://www.epaw.org/documents.php?lang=en&article=ns51

Not to be missed in the abridged version above: the explanations of Dr Nissenbaum, starting after 2 minutes 34 seconds (2:34 as shown on the meter below the video), then after 3:24, and after 5:10 (do not miss this last one): MODULATION is a big problem. And so is low frequency sound (including infrasound): do not miss Dr Alec Salt on that subject. In fact, do not miss any of the doctors and professor who speak - they are grouped together for your convenience in the abridged video.

Mark Duchamp +34 693 643 736
Executive Director, EPAW
www.epaw.org
President, Save the Eagles International
www.savetheeaglesinternational.org
Chairman, World Council for Nature
www.wcfn.org

Abridged video from WIND RUSH - Feb. 25, 2013

The complete video is available on YouTube.

WIND RUSH was broadcast February 7th 2013 on CBC Doc Zone.
The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) is to Canada what the BBC is to the UK: a government owned and semi-controlled TV chain - and it is Canada's biggest.

Produced, written and directed by Andrew Gregg.
Gordon Henderson, of 90th Parallel Productions of Toronto, is the executive producer.

Well worth watching.

anon5

agnes
# Posted: 14 Apr 2013 01:34

Hi all.
This link has just been sent us by Catherine Gamba in Scotland.
I really do hope it can shed some ligt on the proble.
Link: http://www.radiocad.co.uk/_downloads/TetraNoise.pdf
Best regards.
Agnes

Anonymous
# Posted: 29 Apr 2013 00:54

That paper talks about noise as electronic interference not noise as sound.
Pointless.

Anon 12th March:
The hum is not 50Hz, it is under 20Hz. Ordinary testing equipment is unable to pick it up.

Karenk293
# Posted: 29 Apr 2013 10:05

Will
Hi I am new to this site I have had a humming noise since thursday it's driving me insane no one else can hear it but its constant how and who do I complain to as this will force me to move I'm so tired of it got constant head ache .HELP

Anonymous
# Posted: 30 Apr 2013 07:38

The Wind Rush video it excellent. It explains very well the subjective annoyance factor of low frequency sound. Thanks for that.

Karen, I don't think you are describing the hum. It doesn't just start like that. Usually a change in location makes it noticeable. And it's never constant.

Anonymous
# Posted: 30 Apr 2013 07:48

I know I've just had a bad night but I can't find the simulator link.

Anyway this is an interesting link from there:
http://www.milieuziektes.nl/ELF/KokomoHumFinalReport.pdf
On the incidence map I see a trend of reports on the edge of town. I have come to realise that the density of housing is significant - high density seems to have an amplifying effect but you need to be in a fairly quiet spot to notice it.

Anonymous
# Posted: 15 Jun 2013 12:56

I have noticed that, quite often, the hum increases during periods of falling atmospheric pressure. I have recently had 10 really bad days.

Barometer

dailydissolutio n
# Posted: 6 Aug 2013 15:00

18Hz is pretty close to the 17,6Hz the TETRA systems are 'causing'.

Shiwa
# Posted: 12 Aug 2013 09:42 - Edited by: Shiwa

For a couple of papers on noise (infrasound) and disease:

http://www.noiseoff.org/document/vibroacoustic.disease.1.pdf
http://www.noiseoff.org/document/vibroacoustic.disease.2.pdf

The WHO:

http://www.who.int/docstore/peh/noise/ (this is a TOC-directory)

Thesis:

It is my experience that both artificial electricity (for example: high voltage powerlines, transformers, electric fences, capacitors), photonstream (for example: infrared (lasers) and radiofrequency (3G cell aerial-arrays)) and unknown nature (from electronic equipment and old cathode ray tubes—all of highpitched hum being above normal human hearing threshold of which some like myself can hear) cause sound. This is because of the imparting of energy at the atomic level into air atoms, the molecular vibration being sound, and this has correlate in AC 'airvoltage' (DC 'airvoltage' is negative at groundlevel, and is of the potential difference between the Earth and the sky—hence lightning), possibly at the same frequencies; the primary frequency of the sound being the frequency of the artificial EM-source (for example), and harmonics thereof into the region of human hearing, but offen at lower than normal hearingthreshold. Thus, artificial EMR not only affects life at the atomic level by imparting electrical energy resulting in abnormal energylevel with an AC electric signature ('bodyvoltage'), cascading both as electronfield ('near field') and photonstream ('far field'), but also affects life at the molecular level by imparting energy into the air creating sound, this imparting energy without an electric signature. This is why shielding for RF eventually fails to stop the adverse effects despite one attenuating the RF-levels below the levels that previously worked in reducing or stopping symptoms; it is also the same of my experience in grounding whilst asleep.

I also hear hums of low frequency and high frequency, the latter intermittently from a 3G aerial-array (now double carrier) on a hertzian repeater tower.

Shiwa

Shiwa
# Posted: 12 Aug 2013 10:20

As an aside, regarding the documentary ‹Beings of Resonance›, as mentioned above by ES. They have it wrong about the pineal gland (regulates circadian rhythms) as being the focus of the effects of artificial EMR: low melatonin (precurser of serotonin and other transmitters), high dopamine, and low melanocyte stimulating hormone from the pituitary, they all go together; these are explicit of activated flight-fight reflex during danger (proper functioning), and this is possibly due when not a reaction to danger to imparted energy by artificial EMR as in the previous post. The high dopamine increases reflex-speed, decreases hedonic, &c; the low serotonin stops one falling asleep during danger; the low melanocyte stimulating hormone is because it is unnecessary energy use during danger; &c. High dopamine, low serotonin and paleness are common in a number of medical conditions ("diseases of civilisation") that correlate with AC-electrification and its consequences (the primary being artificial radiofrequency).

Examples being: Ehlers-Danlos Sydrome Type III cum Fibromyagia cum Dyspraxia, cum (offen) Autism (Kanner Syndrome and Asperger Syndrome), cum (offen) Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (or ME), Tourette Syndrome, possibly also ADHD, and possibly also Pyroluria (called also Pyrrole Disorder) where the 'luria' means 'lurid' as the most common symptom is paleness. And common to most or all are tendency for joint hypermobility, (so-called) proprioception impairment, and (so-called) dyslexia: all from forager genes.

(Hope that i'm not told off for this diversion and sent to the Naughty Step.)

Shiwa

Torment
# Posted: 17 Aug 2013 10:41

Hi everyone,

I have been keeping a Hum diary with as much detail as possible for several years.....

This is a link to where your Hum stories are welcomed...the organisation causing the hum are sent my diary everyday....and I would like them to see all your stories as well....as long or as short as you wish, to give them an idea of the impact they are having whilst they are transmitting.....a general location and how badly it is affecting you would be a good start. THANKS

http://www.noisyneighbours.net/forum/post/28973/#p28973

this link will take to another forum and also links to my other threads thereon.

JeffT
# Posted: 27 Sep 2013 19:15

I live in Coos Bay, Oregon in the USA. I have been plagued with the hum for 3 of the last 4 nights. At first I thought it was our next door neighbor who often plays his stereo at full blast with his door open. But when I opened the window next to his apartment, it was quite. It started as a low almost constant hum and is now a pulsating hum. Almost like a bass riff that has just a few notes but is non stop for hours. My wife can barely hear it and tunes it out with no problem. I, on the other hand,have not been able to tune it out at all and can hear it in the day time (all though the day noises mask it out pretty well). A few years ago, we heard the hum and tract it down to the ocean surf about 5 miles away. I'm guessing that when the atmosphere is just right, the low frequency of the wave crashing reflects off the cloud cover. Like others, earplugs have very little effect. going to try some brown noise masking to see if that helps.

Jackesh
# Posted: 11 Nov 2013 01:59

I just don't understand why some people cannot hear it. It is loud tonight and always seems to vary between 2 notes. It sounds like a generator or someone waiting in a large vehicle with a Diesel engine. It drives me crazy and has done since we moved to this house 15 years ago. I have phoned the council, been to the doctor and had my hearing checked but nothing seems to throw any light on why I hear this when my husband can't. Just one thing, when I had my hearing checked, it was found to be exceptionally good - I was told that Zi can hear at 10 db and have the hearing of an 18 year old (I am 49). I am easily distracted by noises and sometimes find some people's voices too loud such that they hurt my ears. I generally leave the fan on beside the bed all night to drown out the dreaded hum.

PhilC
# Posted: 31 Jan 2014 19:41

I live in Pacifica CA, about 12 miles South of SF. I have been living with the hum since we moved here 8 years ago. It never really bothered me. This morning, for the first time ever, it stopped for several seconds then gradually came back.

tilly
# Posted: 13 Mar 2014 20:25

Think I may have solved where the humming comes from !!

If anyone lives near OVERHEAD POWER LINES then you may wish to know that there is a problem called THE CORONA EFFECT That occurs on all types of transmission lines, which
becomes more noticeable at higher voltages (345Kv and higher).

Utility companies try to reduce the amount of corona because in addition to levels of noise that result, it causes power loss.

During wet and humid conditions, water droplets collect on the conductors and increase
corona activity. Under these conditions, a crackling or HUMMING SOUND may be heard in the immediate vicinity of the line/s.

Hope this info helps.

jmurpy
# Posted: 13 Jul 2014 13:29

I have placed a long stem wine glass filled with water on a table or counter top and seen the hum vibrate the water. If it is affected by weather then why can it be heard in all seasons? I dont think the noise of daytime drowns it out as I live in the country and it is always quiet here-no trains, highways, nearest small airport is 20 miles away. Seems to be a 12 hour on, 12 hour off type of thing but it can go 24/7. Jill in Colorado

stlcity
# Posted: 13 Nov 2014 19:36

I recently used a tone generator to identify the frequency I was hearing; the first attempt indicated about 69-70 Hz, an attempt the next day indicated 65-67. I could register the dissonance as I got close to these frequencies. The actual hum I hear seems to be a semi-tone out, perhaps 65.5?

Anonymous
# Posted: 6 Mar 2015 19:04

I've just stumbled across this website and thought I would share my experiences with you. In approximately 1989 my wife and myself moved to Chichester West Sussex. We had been living there for two or three months, when one night in the early hours, I woke to a sound that I could only described as a very large truck diesel engine running outside my property. I immediately got up and looked out the window, but there was nothing outside. The noise to me was unbearably loud, my wife couldn't hear it at all. I went outside and walked around looking for a truck running, I never found one. The noise outside was much quieter, but I could still hear it. When I went back inside my house it was unbearable again, I didn't sleep that night and many nights since.

All my friends and family couldn't hear a thing, it was driving me mad, night after night with little or no sleep. I spoke to sound engineer that I knew from work, one of the things he said was, as we had just had double-glazing fitted, he suggested pressing lumps of plasticine onto each windowpane to change the frequency that it vibrates at. A very good idea, but it had no effect. He also suggested it must be an extremely low frequency sound wave, with a wave length of approximately between 10ft to 15ft, the average length of a room. This would resonate the brickwork, hence much louder inside, also at this sort of frequency the sound wave could travel hundreds if not thousands of miles.

Back then I involved the local council, gas, electric and water companies, they all came round and guess what they all said, yes you're right, they all said, "We can't hear anything". This sort of reaction is very frustrating and the other remark I get a lot of is, you must have tinnitus?
Southampton University sound department was also involved, they came round at midnight with low frequency sound recording equipment. They said the recorder didn't pick anything up. After all that I just suffered in silence, well my poor wife would say it wasn't in silence.

In 2000 we moved to Bognor Regis, I could still hear the same noise, albeit very slightly quieter, to be honest I hear the hum most places I go. Which goes back to the low frequency traveling hundreds of mile. I've read the posts suggesting its weather related, in the early days back in Chichester also kept records of weather conditions and the volume of the hum, in my case there was no pattern to it, rain or shine, warm or cold, low and high pressure it was the same.

I've now put-up with it for some 26 years, but something I've noticed in later years is that if I go away for a few days, when I return home I don't hear the hum for 3 or 4 days. Its like my hearing has to tune into it and once picked up it's locked in and I hear it most of the time.

The other strange thing is, and I wonder if it's the same for other suffers, is that when the humming noise is going it drives me nuts. But when its not going, it takes me a while to realize there is no humming noise, and then I think well if its taken me a while to realize there is no noise, then it cant be that bad? But when it starts up again, believe me it's bad.

purplevamp
# Posted: 25 Sep 2016 17:07

This happens to me too. I live in Brighton, UK and have lived in a couple of houses where I've heard it since around 1999. Some nights it's very loud! My son can hear it but my husband and daughter say they can't. It sounds like a car engine running, like others have said.

Each hum can last from between a few seconds to several minutes. And it is more noticeable at night. As the previous poster said, when it's not there you think it's not too loud, until it comes back!!

I have heard that someone tracked satellite movements and they were within seconds of the noises. Perhaps there's something it that.

Anyway, I haven't found anything to stop hearing it, but sometimes when I yawn or open my mouth, which moves the angle of the inside of my ears (technical term!!) I can't hear it. but I can't go around with my mouth open all the time can I?!

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
You can post anonymously by entering a nickname with no password (if that nickname has not been taken by another member) or by leaving both fields empty. If you have an account you can also log in from this page without posting a message.

These forums are running on discussion forum software miniBB™ © 2001-2022