- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -
www.mast-victims.org forum / General discussion / Does Size matter when it comes to cell phone towers
Anonymous
# Posted: 22 Jun 2011 17:53

Hello, I am just joining this forum but I have been researching the effects of RF energy for a while now. My main concern is this - What distance is safe from a cell tower but there seems not to be a clear answer. Logically thinking though it seems that the safe distance will vary depending on the number of anthenas on the particular structure which is why I tend to think that while it may be safe to live say 1 mile form a 70 feet tower it will not be safe if the tower is 1200 feet b/c potentially more antenas will be mounted on it(more companies can purchase space) and thus the energy levels will be far bigger hene the safe distance should be further away? I am not a physisist so I am not sure if my thinking pattern makes sense. Can anyone clarify if there is a formula for calculating that? Thanks so much in advance. This topic is of great interest to me.

charles
# Posted: 24 Jun 2011 20:25

The answer is quite simple.
There is no safe distance.
And if you think, that you are far enough from one mast, than there will be another one to take over.
It all also depends on the construction of the senders, their tilt, characteristics, etc.
Sometimes it is possible that at very short distance the amount of radiation is much higher than in the main beam.

The amount of radiation is not so important.
Andrew Goldsworthy wrote many times:
In particular, it explains why weak electromagnetic fields can have a greater effect than strong ones and why prolonged exposure to weak fields (where cells are maintained in the unstable condition for longer) is potentially more damaging than relatively brief exposure to much stronger ones.
Many electrocensitives may react to very tiny weak signals, while they are not pestered by big ones.

Anonymous
# Posted: 27 Jun 2011 21:45

Well...I understand that there is no safe distance but certain distances must be safer than others and what I mean with "Distance from a Tower" is the distance to the closest tower. I would think that one will use the inverse square root law to calculate at what distance the energy levels will reach "safe" levels. The question though is what instrument should I use to measure the RF levels (any brand or model recommendation will be useful) and also what is considered normal background level( not based on government guidelines but based on guidelines set by other independent agencies) .

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
You can post anonymously by entering a nickname with no password (if that nickname has not been taken by another member) or by leaving both fields empty. If you have an account you can also log in from this page without posting a message.

These forums are running on simple bulletin board miniBB™ © 2001-2024