- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -
www.mast-victims.org forum / General discussion / mast in close proximity
sammy88
# Posted: 19 Dec 2011 19:33 - Edited by: sammy88

My first post to this site - There are two masts that have recently cropped up right across the street at the same level as my workplace. I work about 5 hrs per day at the office sitting by the window with a clear view of the mast (about 100 ft).

I searched for some of the shielding paint but none are available (I am currently located in India). Any suggestions? I have a bunch of aluminum foil here. Since I can see the antennas should I just put the aluminum foil on the wall to reflect it off? Would that help? I did see a couple of older posts but they were discussing about the shielding paints that are not available here.

We are planning to move out in the next few months but I do not want to be bombarded till then.

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 19 Dec 2011 21:48

sammy88,

Foil could work. Just make sure it's all one big conductive surface and earth it. Earthing can be done either by connecting the foil surface to a water pipe (the metal of the pipe) or a radiator (if you have those in india ;-)) or even better: ramming a copper pipe into the ground and connecting the foil to that.

As an alternative to foil, fine-meshed metal weave can be used.

ericgeneric
# Posted: 20 Dec 2011 00:30 - Edited by: ericgeneric

Foil will definitely work, though exactly how effective is another thing. It will at least take the brunt of the EMRs, as will strategically-placed mirrors. If you can see the masts/towers right in front, then put a mirror facing outwards in front of you as well. The combination should do a lot of shielding, short-term, which is what you probably need. And it won't cost much.

EG.

sammy
# Posted: 21 Dec 2011 05:19

Thanks for the inputs. Found that we could even get the paints but we don't own the building and are planning to move out within the next six months. Planning to put mirrors facing the towers. Could the foil be put on the wall facing the cell tower?

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 21 Dec 2011 10:02

sammy,

Yes, cover the wall facing the tower so the radiation will get reflected away.

sizzle
# Posted: 30 Apr 2015 01:38

"Foil will definitely work, though exactly how effective is another thing. It will at least take the brunt of the EMRs, as will strategically-placed mirrors."

EG, this is the first time I've heard about mirrors. Does that mean that having a bed in front of mirrors (that are reflecting the windows) is a bad setup?

ericgeneric
# Posted: 30 Apr 2015 21:28

Hi sizzle, I would very much think so. I've not measured the strength of reflected EMR back towards the source, but a professional - using an acoustimeter - found that it reduced the strength of the EMR it was placed in front of by up to 90% or so. I'd imagine being in the line of reflected EMR (from mirrors) would not be good.

This was pre-4G, though. I have found 4G behaves in a slightly different way; plus factor in all the smart appliances in neighbours' homes and any phones they use etc, and isolating the source (directionally) is not the same as it used to be (and is thus harder to block, hey ho).

EG.

sizzle
# Posted: 30 Apr 2015 23:28

Thanks EG. Interesting information.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
You can post anonymously by entering a nickname with no password (if that nickname has not been taken by another member) or by leaving both fields empty. If you have an account you can also log in from this page without posting a message.

These forums are running on bulletin board script miniBB™ © 2001-2022