- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -
www.mast-victims.org forum / General discussion / plans to force?
brianct
# Posted: 1 Feb 2012 21:41

They say we live in free and democratic societies, yet we have this:

'2012 Plans to force households to have energy smart meters installed have been shelved over health and privacy fears. '

http://www.mast-victims.org/index.php?content=news&action=view&type=newsitem&id=5516

what sort of society 'plans to force' its people'??? not a democratic one...

'Regulators say smart meters are safe. '
who are they serving>? when its known they are UNsafe...either they are incompetent or serving the vendors

ericgeneric
# Posted: 2 Feb 2012 21:52

The editorial in the Daily Telegraph was the same; they spent the first 75% of the piece detailing all the reasons why they are a bad thing (health, inefficiency, only of fiscal advantage to the energy firms), and yet still came to the conclusion that "smart meters are a good investment"!

It defies belief.

EG.

brianct
# Posted: 2 Feb 2012 22:48

smart meters are a good investment? that shows that this is about money...they may be a 'good investment' for those investing in smart meter companies.But the health of the community is regularly ignored by investors.

ericgeneric
# Posted: 2 Feb 2012 23:56

I was quite surprised to even see the issue of public health mentioned as prominently as it was. It makes a huge change, as normally the only aspect mentioned when the subject is discussed is economical. This time, it was much more about the potential health impact, and the fear of ligitation on that basis.

EG.

brianct
# Posted: 4 Feb 2012 06:17

the fear of litigation wonderfully concentrates the mind

ericgeneric
# Posted: 8 Feb 2012 01:47

The day after the news of smart meters no longer being compulsory, Energy and Climate secretary Chris Hune is (finally) forced out (on a matter dating back 9 years), and his replacement immediately introduced. Who, surprisingly enough, has a different - "business oriented" - approach to energy supply to the population.

Coincidence?

EG.

Anonymous
# Posted: 27 Feb 2012 13:50

Don't worry, all they have to do is removed the external antenna, and put an internal antenna into the metre, and it's still SMART! Besides SMART Metres I would be more worried about what they are going to transmit on the white band of frequencies, give it time and all birds and bees will be gone and you won't be able to grow anything, because the ground will be sterilised.

Electronic and Electrical companies have control, the same as the drug companies do.

You have all been sold down the shute, and there is no way that you can crawl back out.

Big brother is here for good.

brianct
# Posted: 27 Feb 2012 21:33

something tells me in Mr Anonymous we have a troll.
Yes cell phones are addictive...thats why i dont own one.
Big Brother depends for his survial on being hidden behind masks of anonymity and apparent virtue.

Wifi222
# Posted: 27 Feb 2012 22:31

Nah Brian,

You have no troll, I forgot to sign in. We do live in two different worlds, you in the northern hemisphere and myself in the southern hemisphere in a country that the people are so far out of touch with reality and are not street wise, they will accept anything that appears free and getting something for nothing. Gullibility of the high order, and all due to their self-deceiving attitude that all is right and people wouldn't do what they are doing. A bit like tinker, tailor, sailor, spy.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
You can post anonymously by entering a nickname with no password (if that nickname has not been taken by another member) or by leaving both fields empty. If you have an account you can also log in from this page without posting a message.

These forums are running on bulletin board software miniBB™ © 2001-2022