- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -
www.mast-victims.org forum / General discussion / Do masts get switched off?
William1101
# Posted: 18 Dec 2013 15:07

I'm curious (and pleased) because the mast near my house seems to have stopped emitting any kind of signal. It's likely that they are just conducting maintenance work but I can't see any workers near it.
Subjectively, my own house and garden just 'feel' right again, and I don't have to rest as much during the day.

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 18 Dec 2013 16:05

William1101,

Mobile-phone masts transmit continuously. For a mast to get shut off usually means a technical fault of some kind or maintenance.

Enjoy the silence and I hope it persists!

William1101
# Posted: 18 Dec 2013 17:56

thanks Henrik, it's been nearly 24 hours now.
Perhaps they are just upgrading to 4G.

ericgeneric
# Posted: 18 Dec 2013 22:40

Hello William,

It could be an upgrade - the only time in years that our mast was ever "quiet" was the night of the UK analogue to digital switchover a couple of years ago. Like you, we really noticed the difference.

But also, I did read that some masts are being shut off by the telecom companies as part of a general merging of networks, and to reduce running costs some masts are being shared, with others decommissioned. Yours could be one of those. Or it could just be maintenance.

EG.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
You can post anonymously by entering a nickname with no password (if that nickname has not been taken by another member) or by leaving both fields empty. If you have an account you can also log in from this page without posting a message.

These forums are running on forum script miniBB™ © 2001-2022