- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -
www.mast-victims.org forum / General discussion / DESPERATE....Faraday cage.....
Torment
# Posted: 26 Jan 2014 20:45

Can anyone give me any advice on whether a faraday cage would keep out rf...I need to have somewhere as a permanent fixture to retreat into to give me a break from the 24/7 battering my home is subjected to from masts/rf....I was thinking of enclosing my bed.

I have googled faraday cage but find it all rather baffling. Where can I buy one....how much do they cost...? any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.....THANKYOU.

ericgeneric
# Posted: 27 Jan 2014 03:47 - Edited by: ericgeneric

Hey,

Yes there is so much conflicting, confusing info out there on Faraday cages. There used to be a company - HI TEK (?) - who produced EMR-protective stuff mostly for the construction and scientific industries. They sold Faraday tents for workers to carry out tasks without RF/EMF interference, but they were about £1500-2000, and that was a few years ago. Their website had all the pictures of different things....

EG.

charles
# Posted: 27 Jan 2014 11:25

There are persons who use the canopies by Aaronia.de
They are not cheap.
But one has to see, that there is wide space between the textile and your body.
Canopies can attract electrical fields.

Another option is to fabricate a cage yourself with wooden planks, and place the Aaronia A2000+ glass fibre mesh around it.
They do reflect the biological active *longitudinal waves*.
The costs are € 8/m2.

Torment
# Posted: 27 Jan 2014 11:57

Ericgeneric and Charles,

Thankyou both, for your helpful advice.

ericgeneric
# Posted: 27 Jan 2014 17:26

Canopies can attract electrical fields

This is what I've heard too. Same goes for a faraday cage. Hence the confusion.

EG.

Torment
# Posted: 27 Jan 2014 18:15

This is the aaronia website

http://www.aaronia.com/basics/Basics-Shielding-Measurement/shielding-basics/

tilly
# Posted: 30 Mar 2014 10:32

This morning has to be the worst I have ever felt. Was woken at 5am with the most painful
discomfort of waves going through my body, fuzzy headache, buzzing in ears, hot burning in lower stomach, nausea and a nervous irritable feeling. My poor cat also was distressed
again. She was constantly pacing the house leaving little tufts of hair in the process which is very unusual for her to do.
It is now 8am but still feel awful. Like being at high altitude on a plane but coming down quite sharply to a lower altitude leaving you with a fuzziness in the head and waiting for your ears to pop.

Im so sure it has to do with the upgrade of the large mast to accomodate the super fast high broadband that was implimented last month.
It has about 6 new antenna attached to it.

I feel it is time to purchase a screening material to put around the beds to protect me , my family and cat from incoming microwave radiation energy.

This screening material stops 99% of emissions. It is called Silver Bobbinet - a silver plated bobbinet material, woven for durability. It looks just like screens or netting you put up in a window. However I'm not allowed to advertise on this forum so can't let you know the company. I'm sure you will find it yourself by my description.

I didn't want to go down this path of having to protect myself in my own home but can't bear the fatigue and pain anymore. I need to be fit enough to continue campaigning against
these monstrosities of dangerous masts, antenna and equipments that are causing SO MUCH DISTRESS!!!

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 30 Mar 2014 10:56

tilly,

Referring to solutions that you have found of use to reduce exposure is OK as long as you are not deriving personal financial gain from such referrals.

We are trying to avoid this forum becoming a free ad-board for companies, not keeping fellow microwave sensitives from helping each other.

Hope this clears things up.

ericgeneric
# Posted: 30 Mar 2014 14:14

Screening/shielding materials can be a bit hit and miss, and for those suffering from excessive Microwave Sickness (and/or exposed to an especially strong EMR field from nearby masts/smart meters) may not provide the necessary level of protection to feel truly comfortable.

But it is worth a try. As is more personal shielding, since the area needed to cover is much less than an entire room or house. Just remember it's mostly trial and error to find what suits you.

EG.

tilly
# Posted: 30 Mar 2014 23:08

Thank you Henrik for clearing up my misunderstanding.

I came across a site regarding a woman called Eileen Oconnor in Wishaw, UK who contracted cancer not long after a large mast was sited in her area in 1994. There had been a cluster of health issues amongst other residents so she took on the Council and phone companies to have it removed. They would not listen. For a long time she petitioned (with the backing of her small community) every governmental and council department without success until some unknown person had in the night loosened the bolts at the base of the large mast and knocked it down. The community gathered at the site and refused entry to the mast engineers, police or council officials. The mast never got rebuilt in the area due to Eileen's determination in petitioning.

In her site - www.EileenOConnorMyStory (pdf) - she states that the shielding she used was the Silver Bobbinet screening material which truly worked in preventing incoming microwave radiation allowing better sleeping nights.
Also when the mast came down everyone in the community truly felt better in health.

Sadly those in Government didn't care less and continued to allow phone companies to bombard other communities from that time onwards.

To purchase shielding go to http://www.powerwatch.org.uk

ericgeneric
# Posted: 30 Mar 2014 23:10

The levels and types of pulsed EMR have changed (and increased dramatically) since the 90s, let alone the last 5 years, so bear that in mind. What worked well then may not work so well now, through no fault of the material(s).

EG.

tilly
# Posted: 31 Mar 2014 00:23

If you went on to her site and read the story you would find that her battle's went on until
2007. The mast depicted in one of her photos is exactly the same one sited from my house.
I compared her photo with my photograph of mast including height. The only difference now is the upgrade of 6 new antennae attached which I have also photographed for future reference.

The site for shielding is up to date with the new, powerful technology being used. Did check first before announcing here.
Hope you find their other links on the subject very useful.

tilly
# Posted: 31 Mar 2014 03:11

Torment - I feel you seem to be worse off with experiencing the pains of these emissions
I can only suggest ideas that I am finding out about

* Insulate your walls and ceiling with Kingspan or Celotex which are foam based heat insulation products that has layers of aluminium foil on both sides. Like a loft insulation product. I believe that by insulating your room this way you areaking a basic Faraday Cage
OR
* Buy special wallpaper that has a layer of aluminium sandwiched in between. This lining paper can be painted over.

* Cheaper version is to buy strong thick tin foil (Bacofoil) for cooking Turkey rather than chicken. Paste on to walls and ceiling then paper over and paint. For windows buy thin plywood board, glue on foil then sandwich together with other piece of board.

* The most expensive way to totally shield is by the Tempest method the military use.
Have made to order thin (22-26 gauge) galvanised steel to cover your floor, then use the same gauge for copper or stainless steel foils for the walls and ceilings.

Check out - http://www.fas.org/irp/program/security/tempest.htm

ericgeneric
# Posted: 1 Apr 2014 00:23

The mast depicted in one of her photos is exactly the same one sited from my house.I compared her photo with my photograph of mast including height. The only difference now is the upgrade of 6 new antennae

So not the same at all.

Those 6 extra antennae will most likely render shielding material far less effective. That's one heck of a difference.

EG.

Torment
# Posted: 16 Apr 2014 20:04

Tilly, Thankyou for the advice..Im looking into to it.

M
# Posted: 17 Apr 2014 20:50

@ Tilly
'I feel it is time to purchase a screening material to put around the beds to protect me , my family and cat from incoming microwave radiation energy.'

Poor pussy cat
I heard of someone in the USA having a canopy made for their pet,
I am thining of doing so too.

Sewing thread
by the way, if needing special silvered thread for sewing silver covered netting together. Y Shield in Germany sell it.

If you look on he mast victims links
http://www.mast-victims.org/index.php?content=links#protection
and go to

http://electrosmogshielding.co.uk/prodtype.asp?strPageHistory=category&numSearchStart Record=0&CAT_ID=104&numRecordPosition=9

you will find it and also the hook and loop tape - a Velcro tape with silver in it . that Yshield distributer is based in Birmingham, UK

M

Anonymous
# Posted: 25 Oct 2014 00:35

The Silver Bobbinet material from Emfields doesn't work in 2014, it stopped working for me in 2011, frequencies are changing, "Aaronia Shield" is much better, it leaves my Acoustimeter silent, but it is still not perfect for my level of sensitivity.

ericgeneric
# Posted: 25 Oct 2014 01:35

Nothing that you can buy in the UK (which is not a lot) is effective anymore, which is probably the point. It's not bad enough they flood our homes with this junk, and refuse to acknowledge illnesses caused by it, but then they block the sale of anything to help shield ourselves.

Anyone would think they are determined for everyone to be radiated.

If you can look further afield for products, you might be luckier.

EG.

Shapeshifter
# Posted: 6 Nov 2014 03:44

I didn't read through all of this thread but wanted to let the original poster know that I just finished making my own faraday cage for my bed (large double bed, futon, on the floor) last week and it's working quite well. Blocks out all cell signals and it looks like the neighbors wifi as well. We tested with devices and an RF meter. The meter showed ZERO in MOST of the cage, there were a couple of spots it flickered on a really low number (what ever the lowest is), so there may be some leaks we need to find and tape up (using aluminum tape). The whole thing cost about 200 dollars or less to make. We used about 8 sheets of aluminum screening from the hardware store and made frames out of wood to stretch the screen over and stapled them on with a staple gun. We used a lot more wood than you would need if you plan to just build around the bed, but we wanted to be able to take it apart easily in sections for transport for moving (when we move, hope to before too long to a better location, lower EMF location that is) and also so we could take the bed out from one side when we needed to flip it over (it's a futon so needs that every couple of weeks). The side that opens, we (we being my boyfriend and I, he did most of the planning and grunt work) made as double doors, the swing open on hinges. So we can also get in and out of the bed/cage easily. It closes pretty snuggly (very important) and we quite like it. Besides the fact that it's blocking RF (it does have a bottom section FYI, so it IS completely enclosed, we added a mylar space blanket to put between the screens on bottom and the bed, to protect the bed), it's a lovely space to be in, with good head room and we have it decked out with battery operated holiday lights (we turn the breaker to the bedroom off at night so that we don't risk dirty electricity riding on the metal, I have not tried grounding it yet, but so far does not seem to need it), and I put decorative sheets on the outside and top, so it also closes out more light. We really love being in it, it's such a refuge in so many ways. I notice that I am still adjusting to sleeping in such low RF, the first night I felt really energized and took longer to fall asleep and then I started sleeping so deeply it was hard to wake up and I feel I need to sleep for a few days in there to get fully rested/recovered. I definitely have better dreams and dream less (get into deeper states of sleep so I am not so caught in dreams when I wake up anymore, I was plagued with sort of over dreaming and having a lot of nightmare prior to the cage).

We did not video our process as we really were figuring it out as we went along and it really could have been made in a better way by a real carpenter or builder. Oh but I can say we screwed the different separate framed sides together to hold it together and that took some figuring out matching all of the sides up with that many different pieces of wood, we had to be sure we cut the right size for the different lengths. Sorry I can't explain it better. I will try to post a picture sometime soon. :)

Good luck, hope this helps!

S

Torment
# Posted: 6 Nov 2014 12:16

Thanks Shapeshifter, my landlord has now said he will proof a room for me, he's very keen for me to stay in this uninhabitable house :/ ..... he's putting up plaster board which is lined with aluminium foil. I am assuming I will have to earth it. I am not sure he appreciates the situation fully so I will probably have to paint the ceiling with Yshield and insulate the floor as well. I'll do as you have if all else fails.

Ericgeneric......you say "Anyone would think they are determined for everyone to be radiated" I read somewhere else that there wouldn't be a control group if we are all irradiated, it could well be their intention.

agnes
# Posted: 6 Nov 2014 13:28

Torment.
There is a website in Birmingham, UK, who has canopies and floormats, called Electro Smog Shielding.
I put here a link to the page with canopies.

http://electrosmogshielding.co.uk/prodtype.asp?strParents=&CAT_ID=116&numRecordPositi on=1
The name of the guy who runs this site is Mario Bianco.

Have a look, it would give you an idea.
Best regards.
Agnes

Shapeshifter
# Posted: 6 Nov 2014 16:04

Hi Torment,

I have been thinking about that a lot lately, how it seems they don't want a control group, that way it will be harder to assign blame, what a great plan! :(

I would be careful with aluminum foil as it does not breathe, you do not want to end up in a room without ventilation, that could do you in by another means. :(

Maybe you could have him try aluminum screening (holes are too small for microwaves to pass through) which breathes, but yes would need to be grounded if not making a cage from it.

I know there is a cheaper option for the paint, than the Yshield. I need to find it though. You could buy silver powder to mix in with any paint and save a lot of money that way. If I find the link I will post it.

Sorry you are having such trouble. Lately all I want to do is stay in my cage. I feel better in there. It's hard to have to leave it and know that I will have to go out into the radiation again, even in my home. It's so criminal. It's beyond belief what is happening, and most of the world asleep to it.

Keep us posted on your progress!

S

Torment
# Posted: 7 Nov 2014 22:45

Thank you Agnes and Shapeshifter....for the link and information, hoping I'll soon get some peace from this battering.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
You can post anonymously by entering a nickname with no password (if that nickname has not been taken by another member) or by leaving both fields empty. If you have an account you can also log in from this page without posting a message.

These forums are running on open source forum script miniBB™ © 2001-2020