- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -
www.mast-victims.org forum / General discussion / BT claims ultrafast broadband breakthough to squeeze more capacity from aged network
agnes
# Posted: 27 Sep 2014 01:05

Hi all, this is Very Important News for us lot!
If They Can Do It Now, They Always Have Been Able To, instead all have been spewing out Health Harmfull Environmental Microwave Radiation Pollution!
And Now They Tell Us It Was Not Necssary At All! As They could do it over the Land-line copper-wire!!!
Please look at the Teleegraph Link, and PLEASE Leve Your Comments!!!
Please, Please, Please (if mine is still there in the morning) I will have give you ground to go for it) (most times my comments have either not been taken on at all, or they have been gone by the time the paper wakes up.) so dont put your hopes up, but try!

Link to the article:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/mediatechnologyandtelecoms/telecoms/1 1120751/BT-claims-ultrafast-broadband-breakthough-to-squeeze-more-capacity-from-aged- network.html

On MV news:
http://www.mast-victims.org/index.php?content=news&action=view&type=newsitem&id=6579

ME
# Posted: 27 Sep 2014 13:39

I find this very worrying.
transmissions from telegraph poles and boxes

http://recombu.com/digital/news/bt-telephone-poles-4g-mobile-reception-not-spots

I find this latest development very worrying.
BT plan to have transmissions from telegraph poles and boxes

ME
# Posted: 27 Sep 2014 13:41

BT's network arm Openreach has announced details of a trial which could see mobile not spots across the UK covered.

In a nutshell, the new service turns BT telephone poles and street cabinets into mini mobile masts, providing a small level of improved coverage anywhere it's needed.

Whether it's an urban not-spot or a remote location that's a simply too far away, BT's snappily-named MiiS - short for Mobile Infill Infrastructure Solution - ought to provide the right amount of local boost.

ericgeneric
# Posted: 27 Sep 2014 14:26

Well that circumnavigates the problem of planning applications and council approvals, doesn't it....no more pesky done-deals to wait around for.

So the story isn't really about providing better cabled broadband for homes and reducing the wi-fi/4G overload, it's about BT's network of cables being turned into mini masts for yet more radiation!

This never ends.

EG.

ME
# Posted: 27 Sep 2014 15:54

yes and Femtocells are small in dimensions less obvious on a telegraph pole.than a big phone mast
When will this nightmare end?
ME

ericgeneric
# Posted: 27 Sep 2014 18:18

That article at least has a picture of what to expect. They will "blend in", as they like to call it, and not be hidden/made to look like something else which is actually what it is. Some telephone poles have small black devices on them already, so people will probably not even notice that a grouping of mobile mast antennae have been added.

EG.

ME
# Posted: 27 Sep 2014 19:52

and femto cells can be screwed up anywhere.

Keep your eyes open!and a HF detector in your pocket.

ME

Dave
# Posted: 28 Sep 2014 17:46 - Edited by: Dave

I have read this article and cannot see where it states that there will be microwave transmissions from telegraph poles, femtocells or otherwise.

It states:

Commercial deployment of G.fast would require extending fibre optic cables beyond street-side cabinets, as far as telegraph poles or junction boxes. The 'final drop' into millions of homes and businesses, the section of the national telecoms network that would be most expensive to upgrade, would remain based on the traditional copper wires that were typically installed decades ago.

At the present time so-called "fibre broadband" has fibre-optic cables run to street cabinets. In those cabinets the broadband signal is added to the line, meaning that the length of copper over which the broadband signal is carried is not as long.

Or to put it another way, a telephone line runs from the local exchange building to one's premises. The longer the piece of copper that the broadband is made to go along the slower it will run. By adding the broadband at the cabinet rather than the exchange it's possible to go faster, and by adding it at the telegraph pole it's obviously possible to go faster still.

So running the fibre to telegraph poles is simply reducing the length of copper over which the broadband has is carried — it will simply be the length of the dropwire.

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 28 Sep 2014 19:00

Dave,

The Telegraph article that Agnes posted is about broadband over copper wires like you point out, but the link that ME then added is about using telephone poles as mini masts.

ericgeneric
# Posted: 28 Sep 2014 21:41

Yes, there are two different articles being discussed....I can understand the confusion!

EG.

agnes
# Posted: 29 Sep 2014 01:16

Hi all.

The news from Openreach ME is talking about is this one:
http://www.mast-victims.org/index.php?content=news&action=view&type=newsitem&id=6581

And yes, these are 2 totally different subjects, as if you get the "Fibre Optic" cables Fast Bbroadband in through your Copper landline there is no Microwave Radiationnn from Wi-Fi, (which you can chose at any time. And also if there are Fibre Optic cables at a Street Cabinet near yo, you can chose to get a fibre connection innto your house to your land-line connection point .
I belive you have to pay for that option, mabey even source it yourself, but at least that is a choise/possibility.

(Sorry if there are too manny mis-spellings, but my computer seems to have been hacked and even my writing/spelling suffers)

best regards.
Agnes

Dave
# Posted: 29 Sep 2014 22:46

Thanks for the clarification. I now see that there is a second story, other than that outlined in this topic's title.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
You can post anonymously by entering a nickname with no password (if that nickname has not been taken by another member) or by leaving both fields empty. If you have an account you can also log in from this page without posting a message.

These forums are running on online community script miniBB™ © 2001-2022