- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -
www.mast-victims.org forum / General discussion / Dont give up on this subject.
<< . 1 . 2 .
ann
# Posted: 24 Oct 2015 17:09

EG you always seem to be on the ball with all these. You are right people don't want to know. I try to do my bit when I meet new people but often I am ignored. On my travels recently I had comments such as:
'ipad I know it is dangerous but they love it.' Talking about her children's education. And one of the kids has epilepsy; I already spoke to her in previous meetings about the possibility of these techs causing epilepsy.

Another changed the subject when I began to say about her having too many microwave gadgets: microwave oven, WiFi, DECT phone, and mobile phones. One of her kids is autistic.

However one person was enthusiastic about the dangers of these techs and discouraged her children from using them - not that they took any notice. I gave her a microwave detector, which she was using to make her point. She made an interesting comment that that breast cancer is prevalent in that country because there were a lot of satellites above it (in the Med).

ericgeneric
# Posted: 24 Oct 2015 21:24

Hi Ann, it's brave to raise awareness in that way, as however tempting it is to try and explain the dangers/effects of this technology to people who don't yet know (or want to listen!), you can never know the reaction you might get, so I admire you for that.

Right now, I am extremely concerned by the revelation that the government has been looking into changing the terms of their flawed and publicly-criticised Smart Meter scheme since August, and yet nobody - not even the Stop Smart Meters UK organisation themselves (!?) - have mentioned it, until a day after the deadline for comments/objections had passed. I find this deeply troubling. Because if SSM are not on the ball, and/or being made aware of these developments until it's too late, what exactly is the point?

Raising awareness and giving advice should be done free of charge, and knowledge should be shared willingly and freely for the future of our race. I am unconvinced that so much energy should be going into these big organised events which mainly serve to give the speakers a public platform for their well-rehearsed speils, rather than keeping vulnerable people up-to-date with vital information that will have a devastating impact on their lives.

EG.

agnes
# Posted: 25 Oct 2015 01:36

EG.
We carried the news about the "Stop Smart meters" as soon as we were made aware of it, so, yesterday.
I have NOT seen anything in the press about this, and believe you me, I am an avid Newspaper reader.
I have no idea if there is a law proposed or what.
But, thing is this is a thing We Have To Get To grips with!
If you have info on what is proposed, and when, we need to get started.
If this thing got to law, most of US would be rendered Homeless!
As, there is no way We could have one Inside our home, and I know from conversations with you, that that is the same thing.
The Wireless EMR polluters made us lose Our last Home, I am Not prepared to lose this, the only home I could find with almost 0 EMR, yes I know that was Then 2002, so, 13 years ago, now it is moving in on us with neighbors wireless gadgets, and again we have to live in a Farraday cage, and we are now to old to even hope to get a mortgage to move somewhere safer.
We need to take action, and your guess is as good as mine, HOW do we go about it?
Write to Ministers, MP´s?
I have no idea, so any input would be very valued.
Best regards.
Agnes

agnes
# Posted: 25 Oct 2015 01:49

EG.
I have just gone through my mail inbox and found this from "Stop Smart Metres" on Friday, that is yesterday, or by now the day before.
And this is the first I have seen of it:
https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/consultation-on-a-review-of-the-feed-in-t ariff-scheme
Please think and work with me to get a "Powerful Objection" tabled in this case.
All the best Agnes

ericgeneric
# Posted: 25 Oct 2015 01:55

Agnes, I don't know how much contact you have with Mike @ SSM, but I am very concerned/interested to know when they first knew about this Government proposal.

The media do seem to have made sure NOTHING went public about this document whatsoever. If anything, the word was that the whole Smart Meter scheme was in real danger of being mothballed, or very much downsized. And now THIS.

It makes an almost impossible task (ie trying to stop these monsters) even harder when we're not given a fair opportunity to make our objections and comments known to HM Government. But I suspect that was the idea, if even SSM have been kept out of the loop. I hope that's what has happened, because otherwise, SSM have prevented all of us from making a stand against this U-turn in policy over compulsory meters.

The one thing in the plans which caught my eye was the mention of "advanced meters", instead of "smart meters" in some situations. I wonder what "advanced meters" have in them, as regards EMR and pulsed relay communication tech. And if these are the alternatives for people who refuse a Smart meter.

EG.

theloneranger
# Posted: 25 Oct 2015 20:46

EG,

I didn't take it as a dig. I'm sure you're astonished that people are still so unaware. I was absolutely unaware this could be a potential problem until a few months ago. It simply never occurred to me. And this is the problem... a lot of people are getting sick and they have absolutely no idea why.

I am wondering whether years of exposure to high levels of RF have done me damage. I guess time will tell if I start to recover and feel better, though I've read that it's not always possible. I'll be glad when I've got the shielding in place in my bedroom, at least, and then with my Cornet I'm going around looking for the places with the lowest levels of exposure. It's unbelievable how high levels are outdoors in relation to studies stating that biological effects begin at around 3 microwatts/m2 (is that right?). If that is the case (and maybe lower), when you're getting readings of 200+ in the countryside of all places, it can be quite unnerving. I'm looking for the 'quietest' places in terms of RF and sticking to those. I've never been as shocked as I have been using this meter, and seeing the peak voltages/wattage readings spike up every second or two, from Wi-Fi enabled devices etc.

We are beings of frequency, and I wouldn't be surprised if these things have cognitive implications. And they're being installed in primary school? The mind boggles.

The mobile operators are also, in my view, completely despicable in refusing to reveal where their masts are. I found this site which, although old, was absolutely fascinating. Look at the way some masts are hidden:

http://www.prattfamily.demon.co.uk/mikep/photind.htm

I am afraid that this problem is going to get worse before it gets better, but I wish that it wouldn't. I've certainly benefited from becoming more aware of this stuff, and I'm glad that I'm no longer living in a domestic soup of DECT, Wi-Fi and 3G/HDSPA+ or whatever it is. Though, it's proving difficult from excluding myself from the masts outside.

Why on earth has this all been allowed to happen? I do chart the start of my problems to when mobiles became commonplace. It's frightening when you start to connect the dots.

As for the petitions... well, to be honest, with such little awareness I'm not even sure we'd get 10,000 signatures to get a 'fob off' response from the government. I guess it's going to take people getting sick in droves... really sick... before anything will happen. Like the smoking problem.

As an interesting aside, the warnings have been there 'in plain sight' for some time. Remember the TV series 'The Thick of It'? Constant subtle references to the dangers of mobile phones. And the film 'Thank you for smoking' which *spoiler alert!* ends with the protagonist (if you can call him that) now helping representatives of mobile companies talk their way out of the health implications, having helped the tobacco companies previously... All very interesting.

Take care all.

theloneranger
# Posted: 25 Oct 2015 20:53 - Edited by: theloneranger

Just to clarify,

I don't want people to get sick. But I honestly wonder if people are going to wake up until they are personally affected. It sounds like a dreadful thing to say and I wish it wasn't so, but people like us are, it seems, (from my personal experience) seen as tinfoil-hat-wearing paranoid delusionals and I find it very difficult to broach the subject. I've been the subject of ridicule from my own family for painting with shielding paint, and it's not always easy to explain to people that I don't have a mobile phone. They look at me aghast. Having had a mobile phone all of my adult life up until now, I do find the transition difficult, but I'm slowly starting to become accustomed to it and, with the lack of and extreme expense of public telephones, I've kept a dumb phone for emergency use only. Though becoming aware of this has really put paid to a lot of ideas I had... travelling without exposing oneself to high RF levels really becomes quite difficult, and of course, (and this is why the problem persists), the concept of mobile telecommunications is extremely enticing. I do find the adjustment hard, but having seen what I've seen and heard what I've heard, I won't be going back.

I'd like to say that the bathing of the human race could be put down simply to a small band of maniacal individuals hellbent on destroying their fellow men. But I'm more inclined to think its the result of human beings doing what they do best and doing it very badly: playing God. Pretending they know better than nature and then suffering the consequences. If only we realised we were a part of nature and came out of the earth, rather than this feeling we have of being strangers somehow 'plonked' on this planet and at war with the world that gave birth to us.

About smart meters. What I've read is that they are prerequisite for those who are participating in the feed-in tariff scheme, so those who generate their own energy. That is pretty ridiculous, though it does only apply to those individuals. I don't know how many people that makes in the country. I am also interested by the term 'advanced meter' and I hope this is just an updated electric meter, digital rather than analog, that still has to be checked manually by someone. I hope and imagine this is what they mean. I still think we're a lot better in the UK than some countries with this, as we still have an opt out of smart meters and I'll have one installed over my dead body. They're intrusive, monstrous things that should never have been allowed, but it's based on the same flawed logic as all other RF technologies.

I'm pretty sure that most of our leaders in government (though I'm sure they don't have that much power) are touting their mobile devices and getting similarly irradiated. So if there is some maniacal genius out there, I don't think it's in the government. This problem goes way, way beyond that. But this isn't new. Think of all the past politicians who smoked their lungs out...

TLR
Take care.

ericgeneric
# Posted: 25 Oct 2015 21:47

TLR, you make some excellent points as ever, and do so very articulately.

EG.

agnes
# Posted: 26 Oct 2015 02:12

Eric
I'll try to find out:
1). Why were people not notified!
2). What Advanced Meters are, and what they mean.
Best regards.
Agnes

ericgeneric
# Posted: 26 Oct 2015 02:52

Thanks agnes! I imagine it's something along the lines of what TLR suggested, but you just never know....

EG.

theloneranger
# Posted: 26 Oct 2015 14:18 - Edited by: theloneranger

Hi Agnes,

Having read the consultation document again, it seems that their proposal is to require all new entrants onto the Feed-In Tariff scheme to have smart meters to monitor the amount of energy sent back to the grid by their own generation equipment, rather than it being 'estimated' (I believe this is the case) as it is now, or a separate meter being installed. So. If enacted, this proposal would affect those who are participants on this scheme.

It is underhanded, and there is a provision for advanced meters to be used instead. However, all I know about advanced meters is that they "provide measured gas or electricity consumption for multiple time periods (ie for each half hour in electricity or hour in gas) and provide the supplier with remote access to that data." I got this definition from here:

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/ofgem-publications/41832/20130228the-roll-out-advanced-meter s-larger-non-domestic-consumers.pdf

By what means, this isn't clear, though I assume this is using wireless technology as I cannot conceivably see how else it could be done. Though I wonder if anyone else has any idea about this. I don't see what the big distinction is between smart and advanced meters, except advanced meters have somewhat reduced functionality.

If you read the above report from Ofgem, the roll out of 'advanced meters' to larger non-residential properties has been going on for some time. Lord only knows how many 'smart' meters this means now exists. But again I am not sure about 'advanced meters'.

The argument appears to be that advanced meters and the like mean that consumption patterns can be more readily monitored because, as some seem to argue, this will allow for more 'complex' tariffs to be rolled out (think Economy 7 but more elaborate) where different prices can be applied at different times of the day with greater ease. Considering the mess that UK power generation is in, I'm not surprised the government would want to do this by significantly hiking charges for electricity use during peak hours to curb demand.

However, there is some light on the horizon. Most people don't want smart meters, if The Daily Telegraph is to be believed. Regardless of the EMF implications, people are weary of their security, and how they open one up to all sorts of skulduggery through hiving and selling off of personal information, potential burglars knowing when you're out by 'hacking' into electricity usage patterns, and generally the unpalatable notion that someone can track your energy consumption all day, every day, and apparently even determine what devices are being used in the home. It's a hideous state of affairs.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/energy/10885122/Homeowners-reject-ene rgy-smart-meters.html

This new consultation document that slipped under the radar by the UK Government is an unfortunate development. However, it is not mandating that everyone have a smart meter, but mooting the idea that tracking electrical generation and calculating feed-in-tariffs would be more easily done with smart metering. The consultation document states that the status quo of 'guesstimation' (which I think is what has been going on) was only a stop gap until smart meters came along, so unfortunately this seems like something of an inevitability, or at least the government thought so anyway.

Just don't get a smart meter installed. They can't force you. Yet. But certainly much more investigation needs to be done about these so-called 'advance meters'.

I apologize if this post isn't very coherent. I hope it helps in at least some way.

TLR

theloneranger
# Posted: 26 Oct 2015 14:24

And as a quick aside,

Why were people not notified? For the same reason that very few of us were notified when a new mobile mast was thrown up. Sure, the information is out there, but who checks planning portals of local government on a daily basis, even if you can access it online? And a lot of those masts increasingly don't need planning permission. If you see my last post, some of them have been very well disguised as I'm sure you know... into churches of all places. You literally wouldn't know they were there. And as trees, etc...

With the change in planning laws as EG mentioned somewhere, there's even less onus for masts to go through planning applications, which I think is in direct contravention of the 2004 Telecommunications Act. Someone, somewhere must be informed, surely. I couldn't put up a broadcasting mast in my garden, even if under 15ft or whatever, so why should the companies be able to do this? Apparently Ofcom are supposed to be informed of the location of every new mast, but their 'Sitefinder' website hasn't been updated for several years. It's ridiculous. They only have coverage checkers.

We know the location of every television mast in the UK. What's the big secret about mobile masts? Maybe they've got something to hide...? Well. We know the answer to that rhetorical question don't we.

TLR

ericgeneric
# Posted: 26 Oct 2015 23:35

What generally happens now with new mast installations/applications is someone from the council (or even the telecom company) comes round to the street/site, slaps a lazily written notice on a lamppost that can easily be taken off or simply fall off with the lack of care taken to seal it. Usually this happens just as the "consultation" period is due to expire, so even if anybody bothers to notice a badly-scrawled note, there's often no time to actually do anything about it. Which, of course, is the idea.

Even when there was a pretence of having "consultation" periods where the locals were given the opportunity to object or comment, the truth was a deal would already have been done; I have printed proof that this happened with the mast outside our home, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was a widespread tactic.

So all that's happening now is any pretence of caring or offering the public a voice on the matter has been done away with.

TLR, your info on the meters was extremely interesting and useful.

EG.

Tes
# Posted: 8 Nov 2015 15:26

TLR, you are right that nothing will be done until people become ill, but the main worry here is that people don't know why they are ill.

I personally know a number of people that I can see that microwaves affect them but they will not acknowledge or believe that it is so. They'd rather take their antidepressants, sleeping tablets etc. than give up their wireless techs. And believe me they get really upset if you make such a suggestion - another bit of evidence that they are affected - bad temper!

As for the government doing something about it they are all part of it and the income they get is too good to give it up. It is short termism because the bill for the NHS is exorbitant.
Keep writing to MPs - someone might listen and tell them that France has banned mobile techs from primary schools.

Tes
# Posted: 8 Nov 2015 15:30

Another thing that concerns me is that when we talk about mobile phone masts emitting microwaves and causing illness, most people have them in their own homes now in the form of Wifi, ipads, x-boxes. And from my measurement they emit as much radiation as having a mobile phone mast just outside your house.

Tess
# Posted: 16 Nov 2015 20:49

Did you read about the incident at Rippon where the kids fainted were sick and had headaches and panic attacks? Does that remind you of anything?

Oh no they had mass hysteria, not the techs they used in the schools such as the wifi and smart boards! We really have a lot to learn or teach the population! I will try to write a blog on 'have your say' but you bet they will not publish it!

ANdre
# Posted: 2 Feb 2016 15:03

Just wanted to comment on your news article that WHO is accepting that mobile phones can cause cancer. Is that deliberate that they chose to say this when the news media are occupied with the zina virus?
Bury bad news and all that?!

ANdre
# Posted: 2 Feb 2016 15:05

Eric how are you I have not seen one of your blogs for ages. You are missed!

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 2 Feb 2016 21:44

ANdre,

Although there's no date stamp on the video itself, its obviously a news video from 2011 where they reported on the WHO's 2B classification of microwaves as a potential carcinogen. The WHO classification covers all wireless technology - not just mobile-phones.

The WHO admitted in its 2011 article in The Lancet journal that:
"a causal interpretation between mobile phone RF–EMF exposure and glioma [malignant brain cancer] is possible".

Source:
http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanonc/article/PIIS1470-2045%2811%2970147-4/fulltex t

ericgeneric
# Posted: 3 Feb 2016 01:20

Henrik is correct, the video is at least a few years old. The WHO subsequently amended this decision, following a gentle nudge from the Telecom industry.

EG.

ericgeneric
# Posted: 3 Feb 2016 01:23

Eric how are you I have not seen one of your blogs for ages. You are missed!

Hello ANdre, I wish I could keep the blog updated but I suppose given the way absolutely nothing has changed in the last 2 years, everything already on there remains as pertinent as ever. Sadly.

I'm around, just not as visible as before. Keeping a lookout for anything worthwhile, and joining the dots as ever.

EG.

agnes
# Posted: 4 Feb 2016 00:52

TLR and Eric.
There have actually been several petition through the years, but somehow, mostly "NON Publicized" both by the Gov, and our EHS main action campaigners.

For an MP to take on a petition and be able to take it up to "Morning" debate I believe it is called, they need a certain amount of signatures, last (some years ago) I looked I think it was 100.000 (please do not hold me to it, I have not checked it again), and as the petitions were not publicized or broad sent to mailing lists they were overlooked, or ignored by EHS sufferers, so the petitions never got the necessary signatures for Anyone to carry it to a parliamentary debate.
That is in my mind the sorry Saga of the UGOV petitions.
If you, as an Action Group don´t bother to tell anyone about them, no-one will be any wiser, and we certainly will not no that our signatures are desperately needed for a case that might help mitigate at least some of our problems. "Lessons to be learned" as if ever that happens!
:"Spread the blooming NEWS" to "ALL AND SUNDRY", and you just might get a surprise!!
All the best.
Agnes

ANdre
# Posted: 6 Feb 2016 18:23

Eric glad to hear you are OK.
Same thing here just plodding on and doing my best to pass on the word and overwhelmed with family problems - some brought about by ES.
ANdre

Shaz
# Posted: 6 Mar 2016 02:43

Im sorry to re send my question but I am hoping to get some advice on what to do next and who to contact. I work for a department of IT in one of Londons leading hospitals, I am bombarded on a daily basis with high levels of rf as a result of an ascom cordless phone charging device (which holds 6 phones) situated on the desk beside me. I feel the effects usually an hour after I arrive at my desk. I want it removed. I am seriously concerned about this and need to address the issue as soon as possible, I have been researching this for the past two months. Can someone please direct me as to who or what my next step should be in tackling the issue? What kind of evidence do I need? Will it even be taken seriously?

ericgeneric
# Posted: 6 Mar 2016 03:14 - Edited by: ericgeneric

Hello Shaz,

As the problem is occurring in your workplace, it should be covered by certain regulations that would not apply if, for instance, you were complaining about the levels of exposure in your home.

I recall reading a piece of legislation in an EU country where the wellbeing of staff in the workplace included making adjustments for anyone affected by EMR-emitting equipment....providing extra screening or moving the location of their workstation.

EG.

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 6 Mar 2016 12:53

Shaz,

Take a look at the UK Trade Union Congress (TUC) guidelines for workplace health and safety:
https://www.tuc.org.uk/sites/default/files/occupationalcancer.pdf

On page 4 it says (bold & underline emphasis by me):
"The law
The Health and Safety at Work Act makes it clear there is a legal responsibility on every employer to ensure, as far as is reasonably practicable, the health of their employees. It also states that employers must provide information, instruction, training and supervision to ensure their safety. This requirement covers not just an employee's safety from immediate injury but also any danger to their long-term health. The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations also require the employer to conduct a suitable risk assessment of risks to the health of the workforce. That includes any risk from any hazard that may cause cancer."

On page 6 there's a listing of the IARC carcinogen classifications and it says:
"The TUC believes that all substances in Group 1 and 2A should be removed from the workplace or, if that is not possible, exposure should be fully controlled. Caution should also be used to prevent exposure to substances in Group 2B."

Radiofrequency radiation is in Group 2B and some scientists are now pushing for it to be upgraded to at least 2A. Ref's below.

See IARC press release on RF and 2B:
http://www.iarc.fr/en/media-centre/pr/2011/pdfs/pr208_E.pdf

Perhaps you can use that to persuade your employer to secure your long-term health. It is a hospital environment after all...

Scientific reviews indicating a need for re-evaluation of RF carcinogenicity:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25738972
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24192496

ericgeneric
# Posted: 6 Mar 2016 13:45

Thanks Henrik, that was exactly what I was thinking of!

EG.

Andr
# Posted: 9 Mar 2016 16:33

Has anyone noticed all the talk about depression especially in children lately? It is upsetting that no one is listening to us about a possible reason. Microwaves in schools are at an all time high - with mobiles, Wifi and smart boards, and they wonder why kids are getting depressed. Keep writing to your MPs, Doctors' surgeries, newspapers - someone might listen!

Arthur Fomalhaut
# Posted: 10 Mar 2016 14:26

Another peculiar one it is strangely heard of as spreading is self-harm, like cutting yourself or biting yourself. You can bet your ass it is caused by our thing.

Arthur Fomalhaut
# Posted: 10 Mar 2016 14:32

Look at the list of symptoms the poor girl at 0:30 enumerates in a piece by our beloved BBC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIn4LPOOzU0

Juicy! Rings a bell?

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
You can post anonymously by entering a nickname with no password (if that nickname has not been taken by another member) or by leaving both fields empty. If you have an account you can also log in from this page without posting a message.

These forums are running on forum script miniBB™ © 2001-2022