- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -
www.mast-victims.org forum / General discussion / Looking at a house near a Mast
instantworrier
# Posted: 28 Jan 2016 12:39

Hi
I wonder if I can get some advice please?
We are looking at a home which is approx 100 metres from a mast - according to Ofcom it is an Orange Macrocell frequency 1800mhz transmitter power 22dbw and an Orange Microcell 2100mhz transmitter power 17.9dbw.
Now, I have read through information and as we have young children, want to know what we can do to reduce the effects in our home.
Can shielding work? If so how do we use it? Would window film and curtains be any good? Would we need paint as well - if so where?
I realise that ideally it would be better to not live near a mast, but where we live, and within our budget this is not possible.
I might add that I am well aware of the important of healthy diet, sleep etc can have on keeping your body able to handle such things....but any other pointers would be appreciated! Thanks!
(Also have looked up where we used to live and noticed three masts nearby....eek)

agnes
# Posted: 31 Jan 2016 00:46

Dear Instantworrier.
Please look out for an answer tomorrow.
I am writing to you, but have computer problems, so have to make
my reply from my work computer.
Best regards
Agnes

agnes
# Posted: 7 Feb 2016 03:24

Dear Instant worrier.
If I was you, and believe me I Do Hold Experience, I would NOT go near this property with a barge pole.
But, here is a link to the people who sell carbon paint: http://www.yshield.com/en/index.htm

My personal experience is: 3 G will penetrate through 2 layers of Yshield carbon paint, and 4G will will make shame of your 3 layered carbon paint work, as if it was not even there.
The best persons to talk to are Jean and Alister Philips of EMF-Fields and Powerwatch. http://www.powerwatch.org.uk/
Their commercial business is: http://www.emfields-solutions.com/
Alastair and June can tell you what you need to secure your "Inside" Home, but you have young children, and All your Outside Space will be contaminated by the mast as well. Just think of that.
But anyway, not only would you need to protect your family and yourself with Yshield paint, you would also need to put anti static curtain material as an old fashioned "Lace Curtain" in front of All your windows.
All this is Very Expensive, (I know I have bought the blooming lot)
So, if you buy the house, you sure are in for a lot of expense if you want to keep your young family safe.
To top the chart, in 2011/got published only in 2015 the IARC, the WHO´s Cancer agency classified Electromagnetic Microwave Radiation, (Which is what the masts and mobiles use for communication as a "2B" possible carcinogenic.
This judgement was just a compromise by the scientists who took part in this study, but my estimate is that they will go further next time around, and as usual the WHO will dig the results down in the compost heap for another 10 years at least, as they are truly dependent on the Wireless Industry Sponsoring they get.
Why Else Would the keep it secret for over 10 Years?
http://www.microwavenews.com/news-center/iarc-cell-phone-radiation-possible-human-car cinogen: http://www.iarc.fr/en/media-centre/pr/2011/pdfs/pr208_E.pdf.
I will send you a page as soon as I get it.
But, seriously think it over, you might not want to be tied in for years with a pollution harming you, and your family
Best regards
Agnes

horsevad
# Posted: 7 Feb 2016 21:42 - Edited by: horsevad

Hi
I wonder if I can get some advice please?
We are looking at a home which is approx 100 metres from a mast - according to Ofcom it is an Orange Macrocell frequency 1800mhz transmitter power 22dbw and an Orange Microcell 2100mhz transmitter power 17.9dbw.
Now, I have read through information and as we have young children, want to know what we can do to reduce the effects in our home.
Can shielding work? If so how do we use it? Would window film and curtains be any good? Would we need paint as well - if so where?
I realise that ideally it would be better to not live near a mast, but where we live, and within our budget this is not possible.
I might add that I am well aware of the important of healthy diet, sleep etc can have on keeping your body able to handle such things....but any other pointers would be appreciated! Thanks!
(Also have looked up where we used to live and noticed three masts nearby....eek)

-----

If the stated values are RMS transmitter power, and we assume a directional gain of 15dBi (about average for cellphone infrastructure), we can calculate the exposure from the dominant frequency.

22dBw equals 160W
17.9 dBw equals 60W

Which means a RMS (average) exposure of 0.038 W/m². This equals 3.78 V/m.

As a reference for safe values the german SBM2008 can be used. The "No Concern" limit for SBM2008 is 0.0000001 W/m². Any value over 0.001 W/m² is - per SBM2008 - deemed as reason for "Extreme concern".

Note furthermore that SBM2008 relates to peak-values. Your exposure values are calculated from transmitter output values which probably are referring to RMS-measurements, which means that the peak exposure for the calculated location will be significantly higher than the calculated RMS values.

As it is evident from the above calculations such a location is unsuitable for human habitation. Shielding is possible, but will require extensive material and labour costs.

//Kim Horsevad

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 10 Feb 2016 12:11

instantworrier,

Not an attempt at drama here, but rather putting those exposure metrics into some context...
If you view the beginning of this video where a radiation monitor is brought to Times Square in New York:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxnZd9QOIAk
you can pause the video at approx. 10 sec. and read the values on the monitor display to see that it fluctuates between 3 - 3½ V/m. Even thought the radiation monitor display isn't visible in every shot, you can see that the LED level-indicator bars on the monitor stay fixed at the ~3 V/m mark.

As goes for microwave exposure, you'd be better off camping in the middle of Times Square.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
You can post anonymously by entering a nickname with no password (if that nickname has not been taken by another member) or by leaving both fields empty. If you have an account you can also log in from this page without posting a message.

These forums are running on PHP forum software miniBB™ © 2001-2022