- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -
www.mast-victims.org forum / General discussion / Buildings and walls stopping it
Arthur
# Posted: 11 Feb 2016 14:19 - Edited by: Arthur

It is common to say that buildings and walls dont stop EMR, unless really thick, of stone or earth, for example it is mentioned in "Resonance", where the guys with the meter mention "stop a little bit but..."

I wanted to say that it is not what I seem to measure myself. You are seeing the mast and the number is high, you turn a corner or something, in a way that a building is between you and the mast, and the measurement comes down to almost acceptable levels in some cases. This is more true in the case of old buildings with thick stone walls, or churches, etc, but even in the case of feeble modern buildings I find there is considerable shelter effect. I am talking just from the outside of course.

The dangerous situation seems to be when you CAN SEE the mast, at 100-200 m, same level. That is lethal. Otherwise, I find, if you dont use a cellphone, surviving in a city or town is not so difficult as I used to think.

The trunk of a tree big enough is also capable of completely shelter you from a mast at that distance.

So I'd like to know about other's experiences and what you have to say. Maybe I am wrong and I need to look into it more carefully. Thank you.

horsevad
# Posted: 11 Feb 2016 23:28 - Edited by: horsevad

It is common to say that buildings and walls dont stop EMR, unless really thick, of stone or earth, for example it is mentioned in "Resonance", where the guys with the meter mention "stop a little bit but..."

I wanted to say that it is not what I seem to measure myself. You are seeing the mast and the number is high, you turn a corner or something, in a way that a building is between you and the mast, and the measurement comes down to almost acceptable levels in some cases. This is more true in the case of old buildings with thick stone walls, or churches, etc, but even in the case of feeble modern buildings I find there is considerable shelter effect. I am talking just from the outside of course.

The dangerous situation seems to be when you CAN SEE the mast, at 100-200 m, same level. That is lethal. Otherwise, I find, if you dont use a cellphone, surviving in a city or town is not so difficult as I used to think.

The trunk of a tree big enough is also capable of completely shelter you from a mast at that distance.

So I'd like to know about other's experiences and what you have to say. Maybe I am wrong and I need to look into it more carefully. Thank you.

---

Microwave shielding is sometimes a complex subject, due to the possibility of reflections and re-radiation from impedance discontinuities in ungrounded shielding material, but in a practical approximation of the subject you should focus on two characteristics of the material in question, namely its electrical conductance and its dielectric properties.

A material with a high electrical conductance can be used as an reflector of microwaves (shielding)

A material with high dielectric properties dampen microwaves through absorption.

Water has good absorption qualities, which probably is one of the main reasons that this site exists, as humans have a rather high water content. Most living things (trees) will therefore exhibit good dampening properties.

Coniferous evergreens are the trees with the highest dampening properties.

//Kim Horsevad

andrew
# Posted: 13 Feb 2016 17:18

You are quite right. There is a certain degree of reflection (and absorption) from buildings so reducing the effect of emfs.
I get a stronger reading when I put the detector by the widow than by the nearby wall.
If building have reinforced concrete with iron they will reflect the most.

Arthur
# Posted: 15 Feb 2016 12:21 - Edited by: Arthur

Thank you both for your interesting replies.

Another case that I have is a penthouse where I stay. There are two masts nearby, and the building has a V-shape in a way that the extremes are oriented to the masts. So this penthouse is located in a way that most of the building in one side interposes itself in the way to one of the masts, and in the other direction to the other mast, there is just another penthouse in between.

OK, so in this penthouse you are fine at least regarding RF, with almost a forest-like 0.005 mW/m2, the minimum the meter shows, I suppose it cannot ever show only zeros. In the penthouse to the right, which has the void in the direction to the mast, levels are somewhat dangerous, more in the order of 0.1 mW/m2. I find this amazing, as the walls are ordinary modern rather narrow walls, one to the void, then a couple of feeble interior walls, and even so, they take the EMR to acceptable levels.

Outside in the street, in a particular spot with nothing between you and both masts, the radiation is very dangerous and in a way that my "biological meter" would be enough to know (I feel the characteristic feeling of disconfort in the head and like leaking biological energy).

Seems reasonable to think as well, as a consequence of this, that EMR due to DECT phones etc is considerably bottled-up inside homes. Therefore, if you dont have any wireless technology inside the building, and no windows in the direction to the masts, or you shield only the windows, you can enjoy acceptable levels in spite of being close to masts.

Corrections welcome, I am not an EMR-consultant, just a man with a meter:)

ericgeneric
# Posted: 15 Feb 2016 13:12 - Edited by: ericgeneric

Coniferous evergreens are the trees with the highest dampening properties.

They do absorb a lot of radiation, but eventually will die as a result.

EG.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
You can post anonymously by entering a nickname with no password (if that nickname has not been taken by another member) or by leaving both fields empty. If you have an account you can also log in from this page without posting a message.

These forums are running on web forum software miniBB™ © 2001-2024