- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -
www.mast-victims.org forum / General discussion / How to find out when tower(s) installed?
Kay Clark
# Posted: 17 Feb 2016 21:27

I've been living with EMS since before 2007. Recently I've been experiencing symptoms almost nonstop and it's really beginning to wear me down.

I just learned today there are 36 cell towers within four miles of my home, one a half a mile. It's my thought maybe a new tower has been erected and that's what's causing this exacerbated discomfort. Well, it's really more than just discomfort, it's downright painful.

How do I go about finding out when and where a cell tower has been erected near my home?

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 18 Feb 2016 09:19

Kay Clark,

In general, the mobile operators don't seem to think you have a right to know about celltower locations and Ofcom, the UK Govt. telecoms regulator, is happily letting them get away with that. So "sitefinder", the UK Ofcom website for looking up celltower positions, hasn't been updated since 2012.

For the U.S. we know of this website that has celltower information:
http://www.antennasearch.com/
It seems to be non-official but recently updated according to the date-stamp on the frontpage. According to the site's FAQ, they scan government databases to extract information on celltowers - even future ones (planned, but not yet built).

Another way of getting/verifying information is through your municipal planning office. I assume that telecoms (still) have to have celltower applications passed by planning officers.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
You can post anonymously by entering a nickname with no password (if that nickname has not been taken by another member) or by leaving both fields empty. If you have an account you can also log in from this page without posting a message.

These forums are running on online community software miniBB™ © 2001-2022