- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -
www.mast-victims.org forum / General discussion / Views on PowerLAN systems (Powerline etc., ethernet over electricity wiring in the home)
theloneranger86
# Posted: 16 Aug 2016 20:22

Hey guys,

I've been away a while. I'm sorry. I'm wondering if I could collectively 'pick your brains'.

What are your views on ethernet over power cables in the home, through PowerLAN systems like these being sold:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-LINK-TL-PA411KIT-Powerline-Adapter-Starter/dp/B0084Y9N3O/ ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1471371475&sr=8-1&keywords=powerline

It removes the need for using WiFi, though it's running signals through the electrical wiring, and some initial research and experience with my SW radio (after purchase, naturally... *sigh*) shows that they seem to interfere with the SW band, between 2MHz and 30 MHz. My SW radio has become unusable in the house. It sounds similar to the kind of tapping you hear from an RF meter when near a router... sort of.

I feel like I ought to return the adapters, give in and wire the house with ethernet cables. No mean feat. However, the RF meters are all quiet now, and I don't see any increased EMF from power lines/sockets in the house (no more than usual anyway). But, the fact that my electrical circuitry could be acting as a (though albeit) low-power AM transmitter has disturbed me somewhat.

Do you think I've jumped from the frying pan and into the fire?

Many thanks, as always,

TLR

theloneranger86
# Posted: 16 Aug 2016 20:24

I meant SW, not AM. Apologies.

TLR

Donk
# Posted: 25 Aug 2016 12:39

On the face of it this seems like a good alternative to wi-fi but you're introducing radio frequency signals ( radiation ) to your electrical circuits.
This in turn will lead to dirty electricity which has it's own set of symptoms.
Ethernet all the way. Stay hard wired and safe.

Regards

Donk

Anonymous
# Posted: 25 Aug 2016 18:19

No there is no problem. I have ethernet and there is no detectable EMF other than very near the device. (Or did I misunderstood this?)

horsevad
# Posted: 25 Aug 2016 23:04

But, the fact that my electrical circuitry could be acting as a (though albeit) low-power AM transmitter has disturbed me somewhat.

You are introducing foreign frequencies to a system of wires running through every room in your house. Any unbalanced current will produce a magnetic field, whereas the voltage produces the electric field. This means that you will be able to measure a electric field in near-RF frequencies around every part of the electrical installation.

Just about any method is preferable to microwave-based communication, but a dedicated cat5/cat6 ethernet infrastructure will significantly reduce your exposure.

//Kim Horsevad

Arthur
# Posted: 26 Aug 2016 12:29 - Edited by: Arthur

Dear Kim,

do you know whether that is precisely what happens with the so-called PLC technology (Power Line Communications) as well?

It is used in Italy in millions of homes, now in Spain too, with the silly meters current roll-out, meaning the data from the idiot meters goes through the electric grid.

I cannot measure electric fields, and not all homes have been infected yet, so I never tried to measure anything, but I've been wanting to know about this for a long time. If the situation in conventional homes worsen from the current dismal situation, health of the population will worsen in a couple of years, and this is important to know. Even if nobody would listen to you, it is beneficial to know at a personal level.

Thank you as always, our treasured consultant in the forum :)

horsevad
# Posted: 27 Aug 2016 12:48 - Edited by: horsevad

do you know whether that is precisely what happens with the so-called PLC technology (Power Line Communications) as well?

The technology is the same, although the exact frequencies and modulation structure may differ between different operators.

The PLC solution is much preferable to microwave-based communication; but any part of the installation which might have an eigenfrequency similar to the frequency (or harmonics thereof) used in the PLC system will make that part of the installation radiate RF-like fields - just like any other antenna.

The intensities of such fields are lower than the electric/magnetic fields from the voltage/current transmitted in the cable, but the digital modulation structure may mean that the PLC frequencies have a significantly higher potential for bioreactivity.

PLC frequencies can - rather easy and quite effectively - be damped though special filters.

//Kim Horsevad

agnes
# Posted: 28 Aug 2016 01:06

Dear Kim, sorry, slightly away from the subject,
But would you do me a favor and publish, again, your German table of safe Electrical Magnetic Frequency Fields?
I had it at one time, but at work, now I am Housebound, and cannot access it. I have asked Henrik, and it is on his list over things to do for mom, but no luck so far.
I hope you will oblige me.
And at the same time I want to thank you for the great work you put in to help our Forum users.
All the best and many thanks.
Agnes

horsevad
# Posted: 28 Aug 2016 10:35

But would you do me a favor and publish, again, your German table of safe Electrical Magnetic Frequency Fields?

Thank you for your kind words!

The link to the SBM2015 Tabular Presentation is here:

http://rf-emf.org/Publications/SBM2015---Tabular_Presentation.pdf

//Kim Horsevad

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 29 Aug 2016 00:00

horsevad,

For some reason, I can't get the direct PDF link to work..perhaps just me.. but this link leads to the directory listing, from where the PDF can be downloaded:

http://rf-emf.org/Publications/

Thanks for posting!

/h

horsevad
# Posted: 29 Aug 2016 00:10

For some reason, I can't get the direct PDF link to work..perhaps just me.. but this link leads to the directory listing, from where the PDF can be downloaded:

Strange...

The link works on all the machines I have at home...

If you find it relevant you are more than welcome to mirror the document at your server here at mast-victims.

//Kim Horsevad

agnes
# Posted: 29 Aug 2016 00:59

Kim and Henrik.
Thank you for the link.
All the best.
Agnes

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
You can post anonymously by entering a nickname with no password (if that nickname has not been taken by another member) or by leaving both fields empty. If you have an account you can also log in from this page without posting a message.

These forums are running on PHP forum software miniBB™ © 2001-2022