- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -
www.mast-victims.org forum / General discussion / Lakeland Anti-EMR or YSHIELD HSF74?
nimo
# Posted: 21 Jun 2017 02:50

This is for WiFi, and earthing is not possible (and I understand from a quick look on here - not needed for wifi attenuation only). Which is recommended of the two products in the title by those in the know? (Or are there UK-sourceable alternatives that are better?) Have to make a very quick decision on this as it involves painting the ceiling of the flat below before tenants move in (in order to shield tenant above). Thanks

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 21 Jun 2017 08:16

nimo,

I have no experience with Lakeland Anti-EMR paint - and had actually never heard of it - so I looked it up. On their product website they claim that PowerWatch (a UK expert group) have tested and endorse their paint, but I was sceptical since I know PowerWatch and their trading company EMFields quite well and had never seen that. After looking through P.W. site, I found this:

"Whilst it is true that initially the shielding performance of ECOS paints is this good (which is why we used to stock the paint), we found that the performance quickly degrades. To ensure a good level of shielding is maintained, all ECOS painted walls would need to be completely repainted every 12 months. As such, we no longer endorse ECOS paints and have ceased to stock them. We have asked ECOS paints to remove their endorsement, but they are unwilling to do so. Many apologies to anyone who has been misled by the statement on their site."

Source: http://www.powerwatch.org.uk/action/ecos.asp

Regarding YShield, which I have experience with from shielding two apartments, top to bottom:

Microwave attenuation is very good across the whole telecoms RF spectrum. I've used the standard HSF54 but the most ecological one is HSF74, for those who are sensitive to chemicals/odours. One layer reduces 99.987% and two layers 99.997% of incoming radiation. Based on continuous follow-up measurements, I haven't experienced any noticeable degradation of YShields performance over time (years). On a non-absorbing surface, the paint covers ~7½ m2 per litre. The HSF74 is listed on the YShield website as having a "hard, frail" surface, in contrast to the HSF54 & HSF64's elastic surface, so cracking might be an issue when wall materials expand due to changes in temperature over seasons. If that seems like a possible issue, you might consider the HSF64 instead, which is close to the HSF74 in ecological terms.

Remember to allow the paint to dry completely before coating over. I give at least 24 hours for all the water to evaporate. You don't want to lock in any moisture in the YShield, since that would seriously degrade performance.

You can source YShield from EMFields in the UK.

nimo
# Posted: 21 Jun 2017 09:49 - Edited by: nimo

Henrik

Many thanks for your reply. Precisely what I was after! I had failed to see the PowerWatch caveat, despite knowing that Lakeland used to be called Ecos - good sleuthing!

I had chosen HSF74 based on it's slightly better ecological credentials, but note your comments, and HSF64 may well be adequate in this situation, being close. The property is a new-build, so seasonal expansion is more likely.

EMFields only seem to stock HSF54. I have found that electrosmogshielding.co.uk stock both HSF64 and HSF74.

Karl85
# Posted: 24 Aug 2017 11:10

Once bitten twice shy I can confirm Ecos seems to degrade very quickly after application and does not seem to have the same shielding attenuation as YShield. I would not buy it again.

I understand there is another EMF company selling it under another brand.

YShield paints are good (HSF74 the best and least additives) if you have to use paint.

I ended up using wallpaper from www.emfclothing.com altogether more easy to use.

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 28 Aug 2017 15:55

Karl85,

Thanks for the info re Ecos.

I myself have excellent experience with YShield paint products and service.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
You can post anonymously by entering a nickname with no password (if that nickname has not been taken by another member) or by leaving both fields empty. If you have an account you can also log in from this page without posting a message.

These forums are running on discussion forum software miniBB™ © 2001-2022