- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -
www.mast-victims.org forum / General discussion / My new electric bike has a bluetooth antenna which can't be turned off. Can I shield it?
zickzackduck
# Posted: 21 Jun 2017 20:32

I just got a new discreet looking electric bike that has no controls on the handlebar to make it look more like an ordinary bike. Unfortunately I only discovered after I bought it that all its functions are controlled via bluetooth, and when the bike is turned on, the bluetooth is on, and cannot be turned off while the bike is on.

By using my acoustometer I have discovered that the bluetooth antenna is not located in the bike but in the removable battery. I have experimented with wrapping the battery in a shielding material, which does block the signal when fully covered, however the material is slightly too thick so i cant click the battery back into place on the bike.

So my next idea was to buy some Ypaint and masking tape, and cover the battery in the masking tape, so I could paint onto that and not directly onto the battery.

Do you think this would work? Or do you have a better idea?

Thanks,
Rob.

Annon
# Posted: 22 Jun 2017 03:43

If it is controlled by BluTooth, then when you actually figure out how to block it, then it will not work.

zickzackduck
# Posted: 23 Jun 2017 09:50

Ah I should have mentioned that the bluetooth functionality is only for controlling the settings, once you've got it how you like it you don't need to change it.

But that's why I said masking tape so I'd have the option of pulling it all off if I did ever need to access it again.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
You can post anonymously by entering a nickname with no password (if that nickname has not been taken by another member) or by leaving both fields empty. If you have an account you can also log in from this page without posting a message.

These forums are running on online community software miniBB™ © 2001-2022