- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -
www.mast-victims.org forum / General discussion / RF Power Meter Are they useful?
plopplop
# Posted: 3 Dec 2017 19:05

How do I use a RF Power Meter to identify frequencies and powers? These are for radio hams I think. Can they be used usefully to see what going on or about? Any experiences?

I am looking at a;

1-8000Mhz OLED RF Power Meter -55~-5 dBm + Sofware RF

Not sure what it will do though???

horsevad
# Posted: 6 Dec 2017 18:53

How do I use a RF Power Meter to identify frequencies and powers? These are for radio hams I think. Can they be used usefully to see what going on or about? Any experiences?

I am looking at a;

1-8000Mhz OLED RF Power Meter -55~-5 dBm + Sofware RF

Not sure what it will do though???

It measures RF energy.

-55dBm noise floor is fine for most radio amateurs, but completely unsuitable for EHS purposes.

//Kim Horsevad

plopplop
# Posted: 14 Dec 2017 21:57

-55dBm noise floor is fine for most radio amateurs, but completely unsuitable for EHS purposes

I do not understand as this -55 is what I am looking for?

The "1-8000Mhz OLED RF Power Meter -55~-5 dBm + Software RF" is on eBay but I am wondering if I can use it as a frequency scanner to identify what signals I might be reacting to. Does it seem possible to use one like this please?

plopplop
# Posted: 18 Feb 2018 22:53

I got it and a UWB Ultra Wideband Log Periodic Antenna 1.35-9.5GHz 15W High Accuracy of eBay.

It seems very useful and adjustable in tiny stages for identifying radio frequency sources and strength. It is slow to adjust but you can detail problem exposures and it is very cheap. £35 for both. You need an sma male connector for the box. Attach another antenna for low er frequencies specifically. I can use this to check the effectiveness of various screening materials I hope.

Any advice for screening for lower frequencies like LONG WAVE radio? please??

plopplop
# Posted: 18 Feb 2018 23:40

For the LOWER range try on eBay

RE-02 Mobile Ground UHF-F 10-1300MHz Antenna Cable+Holder For Car Radio Motorola

Specification:

Model: RE-02

Frequency: 10-1300MHz

Connector: UHF-F to UHF-M

Material: Metal

Antenna length: approx. 10.8cm X 3(UHF), 15.8cm X 3(VHF)

Color: Black

Package Included:

1 X Antenna Holder

6 X Antennas

Hope its good for you. WATCH OUT FOR TETRA

GSM (900 MHz)
3G (UMTS 2,1 GHz)
WIFI / BLUETOOTH (2,4 GHz)
TETRA (380 - 500 MHz)

plopplop
# Posted: 27 Feb 2018 14:10

You will need a male to male SMA plug cable to attach the Log Periodic Antenna. Stupidly this is not listen in the description of the item.

Andre
# Posted: 23 Mar 2018 18:00

Well I don't know about these details but I found my Accousticom 2 very useful and very easy to use
It gives a logarithmic scale form very low to high levels of microwave radiation, also in colours from green - safe levels to red.
It picks up mobile phones, wifi, masts and anything that gives off microwaves even children's toys. I could not do without it now. I got it from EMFields.

plopplop
# Posted: 24 Mar 2018 10:51

The problem with bolometers is that you get no info of frequency powers. They just average every thing. I like the HS-007B 20-6000Mhz Wireless RF Signal WiFi Audio Cell Phone Spy Camera Bug Detector as it is much cheaper and batteries last and in click mode it will tell you when shopping if you are in high radiations. Its 1/4 of the price so you can not worry about it. Tiny and practicable. It does not like multiple strong sources. It goes nuts.

plopplop
# Posted: 24 Mar 2018 21:25

Tech Stuff - Unlicensed Frequencies
Frequency Notes Standards
2.400-2.483.5 GHz ISM Band (max 4W EIRP) 802.11/11b
902-928 MHz ISM Band (Used by GSM in most countries)
5.800-5.925 GHz ISM Band
5.15-5.25 GHz UNII (Unlicensed - National Information Infrastructure) max. 200 mw EIRP 802.11a

Look on eBay for "5.8GHz Circular Polarized Mushroom Antenna" if you need to spot the higher pollutions. This will fit the meter too. BRILLS.

Andre
# Posted: 25 Mar 2018 18:03

Why 'bolometers' ?
What difference does it make whether you get frequency powers or not?
As long as it tells me if I am in high emf area (microwave area) or not it is good enough for me. Usually my head tells me before the meter and it often confirms my 'headache'. A warning to get out of that area quick.
It served me well and the family for about 5 years now.

plopplop
# Posted: 25 Mar 2018 21:15

Bolometers average the power over a wide range of frequencies. I find it interesting to know who is hitting me. Most people are obsessed with frequency. I tend to agree with you. The damage it does in the body is such a mess that it hardly matters. I do hear radio AM as tinnitus and see MWs as silvering so there is a physical difference for me. TETRA is a problem because it is extremely penetrating and my Faraday truck wont stop it. TETRA stop in 2020 they said but they have been promising to stop for years.

plopplop
# Posted: 25 Mar 2018 21:36

Do you know what causes the background radiation that nothing can block please? My meter hovers around 0.5 micro W/M but I cannot make it go lower by shielding it. It varies according to time of day and week and weather, but is is unstoppable. It is 200 000 times higher than the natural before man level. What is this unstoppable radiation??? I am trying to find a very deep cave.

plopplop
# Posted: 4 Apr 2018 12:54

Jupiter accounts for almost 80% of static noise you hear on radios when flipping between stations.

According to ...https://www.quora.com/Which-planet-emits-radio-waves

Jupiter is famous for blasting out radio emissions, but the other large planets apparently do so as well. I'm not sure about the smaller plants (not really my specialty). This refers to non-thermal radiation—all objects above absolute zero produce thermal electromagnetic radiation.

Anthony Atkielski
Answered Feb 21, 2018

Does this explain the variations in a background meter readings in a remote location? Any thoughts?

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
You can post anonymously by entering a nickname with no password (if that nickname has not been taken by another member) or by leaving both fields empty. If you have an account you can also log in from this page without posting a message.

These forums are running on forum software miniBB™ © 2001-2022