- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -
www.mast-victims.org forum / General discussion / Meter to measure radiation from Airport Radars??
yiako
# Posted: 13 Apr 2018 16:28 - Edited by: yiako

Good afternoon,
I was offered a job about 400 meters away from Heathrow airport and I could see a radar next to the main road while I was driving to the company.

I would like to know if there is a meter to measure radiation from Airport radars?

Thanks

plopplop
# Posted: 13 Apr 2018 22:01

Most EMF meters with a range to 3.5GHz would do it. Best to get a trifield as they measure all directions at once. It might help to go to 6GHz but they cost more. I cannot find the exact UK frequencies but in the US they are less than 3GHz.
If you have EHS it would probably be well worth avoiding. The best way to find out is just to spend some time there. Meter readings on their own don't mean as much as your reaction to exposure.

The WHO say
" Radars usually operate at radio frequencies (RF) between 300 MHz and 15 GHz. They generate EMFs that are called RF fields. RF fields within this part of the electromagnetic spectrum are known to interact differently with human body.

RF fields below 10 GHz (to 1 MHz) penetrate exposed tissues and produce heating due to energy absorption. The depth of penetration depends on the frequency of the field and is greater for lower frequencies. Absorption of RF fields in tissues is measured as a Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) within a given tissue mass. The unit of SAR is watts per kilogram (W/kg). SAR is the quantity used to measure the "dose" of RF fields between about 1 MHz and 10 GHz.The WHO say "

If you get a reading I would love to see it. They work in DB and w/m2, usually -50DB is fine and -20DB is run like hell.

Paul
# Posted: 5 Oct 2018 15:29

I had chance to measure radar signal strength. However it was not airport, but military radar located 25km from the place, where I live. I live on 4th floor on a hill and for some reason my building's location is unfortunate, as the peak reading 1m from the window was -17dBm measured with Gigahertz HF 59B and spectrum analyzer. Another reading with this meter was 19mW/m2. Scarry.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
You can post anonymously by entering a nickname with no password (if that nickname has not been taken by another member) or by leaving both fields empty. If you have an account you can also log in from this page without posting a message.

These forums are running on community script miniBB™ © 2001-2018