- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -
www.mast-victims.org forum / General discussion / Are TV transmissions a bigger thread than mobile? What uses 550KHz?
John Jones
# Posted: 1 Sep 2019 14:55

I recently moved into a new home and immediately started to feel REALLY ill. Not only did my EMF meter confirm there are huge magnetic fields everywhere, but I also suspected I was being bombarded with mobile radiation, since it's a busy neighborhood and I feel worse when I go near the windows.

So I bought an RF meter to diagnose the problem. I expected to see a large amount of Wireless and mobile radiation (1 GHz+). But to my total shock, these levels were TINY compared to the HUGE readings I am getting around the 550-670KHz region (levels of up to 500 nW/m2).

I happen to live about 2 miles away from a main TV transmitter (Beacon Hill in the UK). Wikipedia says that this transmitter broadcasts TV channels around this region.

Questions:
1) Is it normal for TV transmissions to be thousands of times stronger than mobile ones?
2) If so, isn't this a much bigger threat than mobile and WiFi?
3) The biggest spike by far is 550KHz, but this is not listed as being a broadcast channel. Does anyone have any idea what this signal is?

John Jones
# Posted: 2 Sep 2019 18:22

Update: I've discovered that the 550KHz range is AM radio!

So my question is now: Why are AM radio signals so much higher than everything else? And is radio more of a threat than mobile and WiFi?

DE
# Posted: 9 Sep 2019 17:44

I am no expert but I have no problem with AM radio, which I have on frequently. Many of the problems of Electrosensativity have arisen since the mobile phone technology and other wireless, microwave, gadgets have become common.
Also I think it is the fact that use of these gadgets takes place in close proximity - near the body.
I will check with my EMF detector.

ericgeneric
# Posted: 9 Sep 2019 21:09

Does AM Radio work via pulsed microwave radiation?

It may give off some sort of electronic "noise" but it's not harming us.

EG.

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 12 Sep 2019 09:28

ericgeneric,

AM Radio isn't "pulsed" like digital modulation, at least not while transmitting ordinary sound like speech and music.

The signal strength in AM is varied in sync with the broadcasted sound. That's why its called "Amplitude Modulation".

ericgeneric
# Posted: 13 Sep 2019 22:50

Exactly, Henrik. I'm surprised that AM Radio is even being mentioned as a major problem in today's world, when we're being bombarded with horrific levels of pulsed microwave radiation.

EG.

DE
# Posted: 15 Sep 2019 15:15

I think some people have agendas here to distract from the real problems. The mobile phone companies stop at nothing to remove any fears of their gadgets being hazardous to health.
You know what is happening with the anti-Brexit lot? When the rich decide to oppose something they have the whole of the media on their side.

I have had the radio on for years without any problems, but when I turn my mobile phone on I immediately feel the effects - headache initially then depression ...
I never turn it on more than a minute and only in an emergency or when I don't have access to land line.

ericgeneric
# Posted: 16 Sep 2019 02:27

I think some people have agendas here to distract from the real problems. The mobile phone companies stop at nothing to remove any fears of their gadgets being hazardous to health.

Precisely.

EG.

John Jones
# Posted: 19 Sep 2019 02:24

Update: I still haven't been able to work out what this signal is, but I'm pretty sure it's not a radio station.

I checked, and there is no known local station with that frequency. I also got hold of a radio and tuned it to this frequency and there was nothing at all.

This signal is sometimes as high as 1 microwatt/m2. Vastly stronger than any other radio or mobile transmission.

I've just written to Ofcom asking them if they know.

As for the guy above who said he's "had the radio on for years without any problems". Using a radio won't make any difference as radios don't emit radio waves! The waves come from the transmission tower, and are constantly going through your body whether you own a radio or not!

Whether radio and TV transmissions have historically harmed us is difficult to tell since these things have been transmitting since before most of us were born, and there have been all kinds of health problems within my lifetime.

As for the accusation that I'm "trying to distract from the real problems". Frankly, that's pretty insulting. My family and I are being made physically ill by electrical waves and radiation. I came here to try and diagnose the problem. You could show a little sympathy. It's a simple question: does anyone know what transmits at 550Khz? If you don't know, don't answer. I'm not trying to waste your time, I'm trying to save my own life thank you very much.

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 19 Sep 2019 08:44

John Jones,

1 microwatt/m2 isn't a very high reading. But of course, if you're extremely sensitive, then it is.

Possible local sources for ~500kHz: switch-mode power supplies.

Have you tried tuning an old AM radio to ~500kHz for locating the source?
Also could be useful for hearing the modulation. If its a constant noise, then its probably a power-supply.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
You can post anonymously by entering a nickname with no password (if that nickname has not been taken by another member) or by leaving both fields empty. If you have an account you can also log in from this page without posting a message.

These forums are running on easy forum software miniBB™ © 2001-2019