- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -
www.mast-victims.org forum / General discussion / Are TV transmissions a bigger thread than mobile? What uses 550KHz?
John Jones
# Posted: 1 Sep 2019 14:55

I recently moved into a new home and immediately started to feel REALLY ill. Not only did my EMF meter confirm there are huge magnetic fields everywhere, but I also suspected I was being bombarded with mobile radiation, since it's a busy neighborhood and I feel worse when I go near the windows.

So I bought an RF meter to diagnose the problem. I expected to see a large amount of Wireless and mobile radiation (1 GHz+). But to my total shock, these levels were TINY compared to the HUGE readings I am getting around the 550-670KHz region (levels of up to 500 nW/m2).

I happen to live about 2 miles away from a main TV transmitter (Beacon Hill in the UK). Wikipedia says that this transmitter broadcasts TV channels around this region.

Questions:
1) Is it normal for TV transmissions to be thousands of times stronger than mobile ones?
2) If so, isn't this a much bigger threat than mobile and WiFi?
3) The biggest spike by far is 550KHz, but this is not listed as being a broadcast channel. Does anyone have any idea what this signal is?

John Jones
# Posted: 2 Sep 2019 18:22

Update: I've discovered that the 550KHz range is AM radio!

So my question is now: Why are AM radio signals so much higher than everything else? And is radio more of a threat than mobile and WiFi?

DE
# Posted: 9 Sep 2019 17:44

I am no expert but I have no problem with AM radio, which I have on frequently. Many of the problems of Electrosensativity have arisen since the mobile phone technology and other wireless, microwave, gadgets have become common.
Also I think it is the fact that use of these gadgets takes place in close proximity - near the body.
I will check with my EMF detector.

ericgeneric
# Posted: 9 Sep 2019 21:09

Does AM Radio work via pulsed microwave radiation?

It may give off some sort of electronic "noise" but it's not harming us.

EG.

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 12 Sep 2019 09:28

ericgeneric,

AM Radio isn't "pulsed" like digital modulation, at least not while transmitting ordinary sound like speech and music.

The signal strength in AM is varied in sync with the broadcasted sound. That's why its called "Amplitude Modulation".

ericgeneric
# Posted: 13 Sep 2019 22:50

Exactly, Henrik. I'm surprised that AM Radio is even being mentioned as a major problem in today's world, when we're being bombarded with horrific levels of pulsed microwave radiation.

EG.

DE
# Posted: 15 Sep 2019 15:15

I think some people have agendas here to distract from the real problems. The mobile phone companies stop at nothing to remove any fears of their gadgets being hazardous to health.
You know what is happening with the anti-Brexit lot? When the rich decide to oppose something they have the whole of the media on their side.

I have had the radio on for years without any problems, but when I turn my mobile phone on I immediately feel the effects - headache initially then depression ...
I never turn it on more than a minute and only in an emergency or when I don't have access to land line.

ericgeneric
# Posted: 16 Sep 2019 02:27

I think some people have agendas here to distract from the real problems. The mobile phone companies stop at nothing to remove any fears of their gadgets being hazardous to health.

Precisely.

EG.

John Jones
# Posted: 19 Sep 2019 02:24

Update: I still haven't been able to work out what this signal is, but I'm pretty sure it's not a radio station.

I checked, and there is no known local station with that frequency. I also got hold of a radio and tuned it to this frequency and there was nothing at all.

This signal is sometimes as high as 1 microwatt/m2. Vastly stronger than any other radio or mobile transmission.

I've just written to Ofcom asking them if they know.

As for the guy above who said he's "had the radio on for years without any problems". Using a radio won't make any difference as radios don't emit radio waves! The waves come from the transmission tower, and are constantly going through your body whether you own a radio or not!

Whether radio and TV transmissions have historically harmed us is difficult to tell since these things have been transmitting since before most of us were born, and there have been all kinds of health problems within my lifetime.

As for the accusation that I'm "trying to distract from the real problems". Frankly, that's pretty insulting. My family and I are being made physically ill by electrical waves and radiation. I came here to try and diagnose the problem. You could show a little sympathy. It's a simple question: does anyone know what transmits at 550Khz? If you don't know, don't answer. I'm not trying to waste your time, I'm trying to save my own life thank you very much.

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 19 Sep 2019 08:44

John Jones,

1 microwatt/m2 isn't a very high reading. But of course, if you're extremely sensitive, then it is.

Possible local sources for ~500kHz: switch-mode power supplies.

Have you tried tuning an old AM radio to ~500kHz for locating the source?
Also could be useful for hearing the modulation. If its a constant noise, then its probably a power-supply.

John Jones
# Posted: 26 Sep 2019 14:26

1 microwatt/m2 isn't a very high reading.

That's reassuring.

But of course, if you're extremely sensitive, then it is.
Well I am extremely sensitive to both RF and electrical fields. I have a major problem with things other people are not even aware of. I've never been able to use a normal phone, and I can't even hold a mobile in my hand without my hand burning - let alone use one!

Have you tried tuning an old AM radio to ~500kHz for locating the source?

Yes:
I also got hold of a radio and tuned it to this frequency and there was nothing at all.

If its a constant noise, then its probably a power-supply.

That's interesting. Could the signal possibly be the power supply to my RF meter? (For the record, my meter is a GQ EMF-380 V2.)

Then again, I have found one area in my town where this transmission goes down to a tenth of the strength - and that is when I stand in the vicinity of a large metallic building on the side of a hill. This suggests that the signal is external, and land-based, as a satellite would still have line of sight near this metallic building.

ericgeneric
# Posted: 28 Sep 2019 22:55

Well I am extremely sensitive to both RF and electrical fields. I have a major problem with things other people are not even aware of. I've never been able to use a normal phone, and I can't even hold a mobile in my hand without my hand burning - let alone use one!

John, this is the trouble people like us have. Not only are we suffering from the avalanche of modern tech that's impairing and harming the masses without them realising the cause, but we can feel the damage it's doing to our bodies.

5G was always going to be the straw that broke the camel's back. I can feel the difference. It's horrific.

EG.

DE
# Posted: 5 Oct 2019 16:42

I am sure no one wanted to upset you but there are all sorts of people who are paid by the mobile phone companies coming on this website. The thing is that a lot of 'radio' signals have been around for years without apparent ill effects, it is mostly in recent years that the problem of electosensitivity and I think mental illness have arisen.
Although if you are very sensitive who knows, anything electrical can make you ill. I found out recently that the TV remote gives me a headache and how long is that on for? seconds. So now I turn the TV on and leave it on and only if something really awful do I change it or just turn it off. (I used to think it was the TV itself that gave me a headache.) My detector shows a high level when the remote is used. Who would believe it? Crazy.

ericgeneric
# Posted: 8 Oct 2019 02:12

Yes, a remote can still work through 4 layers of aluminium mesh.

I agree about the timing of John's appearance/post was unfortunate. Just as 5G goes live, and the media is full of the usual "experts" talking about radio signals when the subject is raised (see: the disgraceful Jeremy Vine broadcast).

Plus we have a history of shills and trolls using this forum to spread disinfo and cause friction.

EG.

DE
# Posted: 14 Oct 2019 16:17

Strange is it not? A different remote in the kitchen is OK - has no effect.

An article on The Times began with 'due to conspiracy theories ...... the residents of ...... have prevented a 5G masts from being erected ....'

The media would just hear of it we are conspiracy theorists!

And yet the paper is often full of stories of people who have or had mental illness, including their own journalists.

Well with all this talk of mental illness we are all going to end up mad. Have you noticed that many celebrities are boasting about their mental problems.
Why don't they see the bl...... obvious?

Eric are you sure that aluminium does not stop these EMFs?
When I put anything metallic between the source and the detector it seems to stop it.

DE
# Posted: 14 Oct 2019 16:19

The media would just NOT hear of it.
Sorry!

John Jones
# Posted: 19 Oct 2019 14:08

I've never really had problems with remote controls, aside from my hand sometimes hurting if I hold certain remotes in my hand too long (caused by the EMFs, not the infra-red radiation).

I don't look at the media or watch TV so I don't know about those things. I wasn't aware 5G had begun being rolled out, that is alarming.

The reason I'm here is I'm trying to find a safe part of the country to move to, with as little radiation as possible. Before I can choose my location I'd really like to know what this weird spike is at 550KHz.

Now I also have to think about avoiding 5G too. Any tips?

DE
# Posted: 19 Oct 2019 20:48

I don't think you need a particular part of the country to find EMF free areas. As long as you are not near phone masts and not too near neighbours you should be alright.
Very often it is the wifi, mobile phone and games etc in the house that are more of a problem.
Phone masts should be more than 300 feet away. I can take readings up to 200+ and then the effect falls - best not to be in the line of view.

The TV remote was a real surprise to me and very annoying because I don't have any wireless techs in the house, but every evening down to watch TV I seemed to be getting ill - headache. sleepy, bad tempered ....
Goodness knows how long this has been going on for and only noticed it recently - I am quite upset about it because it seems to have an effect even after the few seconds of use.

5G is going to be here soon and it is going to be more powerful than anything so far.

A last advice - do keep up with what is going on around you - news etc. because being informed is important and make your own mind up. Education is power.

DE
# Posted: 19 Oct 2019 20:54

John
Sorry again I did not mean to upset you. I feel quite bad about it now as I don't know what your situation is. Believe me I am always there to help anyone I know, even my health has not been good and I understand. ( I do work but part time.)

ericgeneric
# Posted: 20 Oct 2019 03:57 - Edited by: ericgeneric

5G is already "live" (ironic considering the destruction it will cause) in many places. You won't need a meter to notice when it's near you. The sheer force of the radiation, like something trying to crush your bones and blow your ears out, will tell you it's 5G. It's not restricted to areas with a mast, either. It's like a massive blanket of hell over an entire town.

This is going to tip a lot of people in a lot of different ways. Already within a few days, local news have had numerous people walking into traffic, going on arson rampages, worse accidents than normal. Chaos is here and the people who allowed this happen will have to take responsibility one day.

At least I know what we're dealing with now. All the talk never really gave an idea, unsurprisingly. If you're ES or in any way sensitive to previous EMF and pulsed microwave radiation, you will recognise the difference with this and what we've had before. It is horrendous beyond words.

As for remotes, perhaps it depends on the type. A basic music-system remote gets through shielding that blocks EMF; perhaps infra-red doesn't operate on the same principle, I'm not sure.

EG.

DE
# Posted: 23 Oct 2019 17:55

Yes Eric, I think you are right that it is affecting people already. One friend is complaining the he is always 'nackered' as he puts it. I think it will affect people who have so far not been ill and I fear they will not be able to do a day's work.
Who is going to keep the country going? They can always blame Brexit - anything but the radiation.
Watch mental illness skyrocket as though it is not high enough already.

plopplop
# Posted: 10 Nov 2019 11:38

AM radio is much worse than any Ghz wifi BT phone signal if the signal is strong enough. Look at the wavelength and the dielectric coefficient of AM radio in flesh. Plasma TVs are real killer and its why they are banned every where in the world. The only health threat from gadgets they all ever agreed on. In France the Police will turn up and take them. Plasma is pure radio burst. They cause far more than the skin neuro endocrine effects that Ghz signals at milli to micro watts/m/2 cause. They can go right through you and are highly implicated in deadly illnesses. Thats why they us AM in MRI scans.

Anonymous
# Posted: 13 Nov 2019 17:53

AM stands for Amplitude magnification?
I don't know but I do know that certain techs affect me and give me a bad headache, but radio does not, but then I only have an old one that I had for many years.

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 14 Nov 2019 18:28

Anonymous,

'AM' stands for Amplitude Modulation.

A mode of encoding audio onto a carrier wave by way of varying the carrier wave amplitude in sync with the audio waveform.

Anonymous
# Posted: 15 Nov 2019 21:55

Thanks Henrik.
I got it wrong. I should have said Amplitude Modulation. But I don't seem to pick up any headache from this or my EMF detector indicates anything. I can have the radio on for hours without any ill effects. On the other hand the mobile phone gives me a headache immediately and the detector goes red.

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 19 Nov 2019 10:25

Anonymous,

"I can have the radio on for hours without any ill effects"

Your radio is a receiver only. Doesn't give off signals.

"On the other hand the mobile phone gives me a headache immediately and the detector goes red"

Your mobile-phone is a transmitter and therefore your detector registers its radiation emissions (and so does your brain).

Anonymous
# Posted: 23 Nov 2019 17:00

Thanks Henrik. I was trying to make the point that I did not think the radio gave off any signals. So does AM affect people like the mobile phone does?
Plop said that AM radio is much worse than .... see above.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
You can post anonymously by entering a nickname with no password (if that nickname has not been taken by another member) or by leaving both fields empty. If you have an account you can also log in from this page without posting a message.

These forums are running on easy forum software miniBB™ © 2001-2019