- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -
www.mast-victims.org forum / General discussion / Could my Acustimeter meter be showing readings much higher than the real levels?
Sergio
# Posted: 9 Oct 2019 01:12 - Edited by: Sergio

Hi everybody,

It's the first time I write on the forum. It's so great to have found a place like this! I will hopefully find an answer to my question here: (pls excuse my English)

I have bought the EMF meter "Acoustimeter AM10", and I am making my first measurements with it. Problem is that I think that it is showing higher than real readings. I think so because a technician came home last month and performed a thorough sweep of the house, and my meter shows peak numbers 4-8 times higher than her meter (an HFE35C, Gigahertz Solutions) (for instance 4000 microW/m2 where she picked 500).

Her meter only reaches up to 2.7 Ghz, while the Acustimeter reaches up to 8 Ghz, however, the explanation cannot be that I might be picking higher frequencies, because she also measured the range from 2.4-6 Ghz with another meter, and this one showed no signal at all (and I rule out 5G or radars nearby my home...).

So, could my Acustimeter be showing readings way higher than the real ones? Is there a way to know if a given meter is measuring correctly? For instance, this could be done with a known source of EMF...

I would still have time to give my meter back and get another one, so any help will be more than welcome.

Thank you so much in advance,
Sergio

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 10 Oct 2019 10:16

Sergio,

Was your technicial using the green directional antenna, a round omnidirectional antenna - or both for the measurements?

Picture of green directional antenna here:
https://www.gigahertz-solutions.de/en/measurement/high-frequency/meters/312/hf35c

Picture of omnidirectional antenna here:
https://www.gigahertz-solutions.de/en/measurement/high-frequency/meters/383/hfe35c

/Henrik

Sergio
# Posted: 13 Oct 2019 21:29

Hi Henrik, thanks for your reply. The technician used both antennas, but she got the strongest peak measurements with the omnidirectional antenna, and yet, my meassurments are way higher than hers...

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 16 Oct 2019 09:54

Sergio,

I would also expect to get highest peak readings with omni.dir. antenna.

When measuring with the AM10, which scale are you reading? The LED bar to the left (V/m) or the right LED's (µW/m2) or the display?

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
You can post anonymously by entering a nickname with no password (if that nickname has not been taken by another member) or by leaving both fields empty. If you have an account you can also log in from this page without posting a message.

These forums are running on web forum software miniBB™ © 2001-2019