- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -
www.mast-victims.org forum / General discussion / 'Tinnitus' and VLF
jt1010101
# Posted: 22 Jul 2020 12:58

Hi, I'm hoping someone can offer some insight on the source of the tinnitus I am experiencing. I can hear a range of frequencies, however there is a very pronounced 888 hz 'beeping' that is much louder than the other frequencies. I haven't been able to pinpoint the source using a traditional am/fm radio so i'm sure it's not within those broadcast frequncies ie 400khz to 1200khz for am or 88mhz to 108mhz for fm. I also haven't been able to ascertain it's source using a longwave radio.... I bought a software defined radio from japan (I can send a link to anyone interested in purchasing one) which is extremely useful as spectrum analyzer. With it I can see all radio transmissions from 0hz right up to 1700mhz!! unfortunatley it doesn't extend to wifi and dect ranges but I have other detectors anyway :) I can see some large spikes in the 16-24khz range which I'm sure are the culprits which would make sense as I can still hear them inside my shielded bedroom, while the high pitched ringing of cell towers and my neighbors radio gadgets tend to disappear. Upon analysis of the 16-24khz VLF transmission I can't see or hear any predominantly 888hz toned beeping from any one transmitter so am thinking that perhaps two or more signals are working in tandem to create this beeping a la the binaural effect or some other type of mixing effect. If someone can offer any insight at all I would be eternally great full as your information might help me mitigate the source of the beeping which would improve my life immeasurably.

In summary:

-hearing 888hz beeping inside and outside of shielded enclosure.

-assuming it's a lower frequency as it's able to penetrate roughly 0.5mm of solid aluminum

-think it's possibly a combination of VLF transmissions or perhaps some other lower frequency noise from the power distribution network

again any insight would be appreciated immeasurably. Thanks in advance. JT

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
You can post anonymously by entering a nickname with no password (if that nickname has not been taken by another member) or by leaving both fields empty. If you have an account you can also log in from this page without posting a message.

These forums are running on forum software miniBB™ © 2001-2020