- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -
www.mast-victims.org forum / Legal / Legal/Prostate Cancer & Motorcycle Seat EMF Radiation
murtech
# Posted: 7 Jun 2011 16:51

Is there any new information on this?

I used to ride a motor cycle when ever possible. I rode it to work and rode it for pleasure. Any excuse I could think of, I rode my motor cycle. I even rode in the rain. I was diagnosed with prostate cancer last fall and had my prostrate removed in February.

I want to know if there is any solid proof that EMF Radiation is directly linked to prostate cancer. How many studies have been done comparing men with prostate cancer that rode motorcycles compared to prostate cancer victims that have not or rarely rode motor cycles? What are the results and conclusions from these studies? Why hasn't some law firm grabbed on to this and stated a class action law suit?

Does anyone out there have any more information?

Thanks - MurTech.

Check out this site...
http://www.motorcyclecancer.com

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 8 Jun 2011 09:21

Hi murtech,

The only info I've seen on this came from Randall Dale Chipkar who is behind the website you linked. He's found that motorcycle seats generate massive magnetic fields that penetrate well into the groin of riders.

Chipkar says he's made readings of up to 500 milliGauss from motorcycle seats. That's massive. A 2007 scientific report called the BioInitiative-Report:
http://www.mast-victims.org/resources/docs/BioInitiative_Report.pdf
reviewed 2000 studies on electromagnetic field exposure and health and it has a section specifically on magnetic field exposure (section 12). The conclusion was that a occupational limit should be set at 10 milliGauss (that's for long-term exposure) and intermittent exposure should not exceed 100 milliGauss.
It's clear that motorcycles are exposing riders to dangerous levels of magnetic fields.

I'm not aware of studies specifically on motorcycle riders.

Alternating magnetic fields, like the type we are discussing here, are known to inhibit the bodies production of Melatonin which is a potent anti-oxidant. Stress from environmental factors causes oxidation which, if not regulated by anti-oxidants like Melatonin, can cause damage to tissue and DNA. DNA damage can be the beginning of cancer since cells can then mutate and grow out of control. Normally the body is phenomenal at self-repairing and reversing DNA damage. Your body handles up to a million DNA breaks every day resulting from natural UV-light and radiation, but when you inhibit the repair mechanisms, you get trouble.
You can say that electromagnetic fields can act as a cancer-accelerator.
Previously it was thought that Melatonin was produced in the pineal gland inside the brain, but it's known now that the gut also produces Melatonin. Probably to offset damage from oxidants coming in via food. This is relevant for you question about lower body exposure to strong magnetic fields.

Also, have a look at this article about Chipkar patented seat shield

I hope this helps.

Will
# Posted: 10 Jun 2011 03:49

I would have thought an epidemiological study should be relatively easy to do on this. Motorcyclists are a fairly well connected bunch and should make communication of this problem easy. Also, dare I say, anti-establishment so would relish the opportunity to put one over on the powers that be. Let's see some data. I do not trust anyone who simply wants to sell you something with scare mongering OR someone who calls themselves a rebel and goes into the family business. Insincere egotist!

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 10 Jun 2011 09:02

Will,

Again, I'm wondering what you are saying here. Some of your posts here are slightly weird and/or off topic.
You don't think that motorcycles can give off intense electromagnetic fields?
It's easy to verify so here's an experiment for you: just trot down to the nearest biker club and say you want to measure their hot rods.
Please explain what do you have against a motorcycle enthusiast coming up with a simple solution to protect riders from excessive EMF exposure?

Will
# Posted: 10 Jun 2011 12:43

Just get a bit fed up with all this quackery. No evidence is presented here. It is little more than an advertisement.

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 10 Jun 2011 13:33

Will,

Do you want a cancer study specifically on motorcycle riders?
I'm not aware there is one.

So, in want of such a study - look at whats known about the exposure (Chipkar's done measurements from many bikes) and look at available evidence of risks from exposure to same fields to see if any effects could be anticipated.

Please explain why you think that's quackery?

You can't have everything spoon-fed to you, so if you want an idea about what might be going on then how about thinking about the problem instead of complaining that no one has solved it and put a nice bow on it too.

You say it's like an advertisement. I put the patent link in there to let Murtech know that there is an invention that can allow him to ride his beloved motorcycle and be shielded from EMF. As far as I know, Randall Dale Chipkar invented the shielded seat in order to protect himself and his fellow riders from harm and that he's turned that into a business, I assume was an unintentional side effect. If it's wrong to go into business to help others then you have a long list of people to argue with.

Will
# Posted: 10 Jun 2011 14:30

Yes I do. It would be really easy to circulate a questionaire among bikers to see if there is an actual increase in the incidence of prostate and bowel cancer. Yet this has not been done. All I see here is the age old con of someone flogging you something by praying on your fears. If he really believed there was a problem he would gather evidence to prove it and put the onus on manufacturers to put it right.

Will
# Posted: 13 Jun 2011 12:58

Huntingdonshire bikers to raise money for Prostate Cancer Charity

Sent organiser a link to here.

Boltmans2u2
# Posted: 4 Sep 2016 05:17

Will, I sort of agree, it does sound like a scam, I am sixty five and only been riding motor cycles since 2012, have accumulated over sixty thousand k's since with four bikes.
Whilst riding I also began doing six monthly blood tests for liver, kidney, prostate, gallbladder, etc, etc, my test for prostate has risen slowly but constantly since the second blood test, now, my doctor is concerned, not only for the prostate but also, bladder, which has also grown in size. I have been researching and seen other beliefs in RF, EMF, LFM. Mobile phones, computers, lap tops, lights microwaves, and any other electronic device that emits some form of radiation. Anyway, I went to my motorcycle dealer who sold me my latest motor bike, I told him of my situation and mentioned motorcycle cancer, he sort of looked at me finning as if to say, rubbish, but I told him there seems to be a relationship, between blood test and increase growth of my prostate. What he said next blew me out, and proves to me he knows about the relationship bike and cancer. He told me if you were going for a blood test for specifically prostrate, then, don't ride the bike for at least two days befor the test. I rode my bike every time to the pathologists for blood test. I will have another, and not ride for two days before the test. I will endeavour to let you know of the result.

Anonymous
# Posted: 31 Aug 2017 06:11

OK. This is getting scary. Maybe I'll skip getting a bike. I'm 55.and thinking if riding again. Maybe its not a good idea.

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 31 Aug 2017 09:45

Anonymous,

The problem is that (at least some) motorcycles generate a magnetic field around the seat area. This can be tested and shielded. You can test it with a magnetic field meter (also called a Gauss-meter) and the seat can be magnetically shielded with a special metal alloy called "mu-metal". We covered this in 2008. Have a look here.

Also, take a look at "Motorcycle Cancer" page where shielding of a seat is illustrated.

PSA
# Posted: 7 May 2018 17:32

The reason for not riding your motorcycle for a couple days before the test is the vibration and pressure on the prostate not EM. The same applies to riding a bike (pedal kind). Or riding your John Deere a couple of hours a day prior to testing.

You prostate is always producing PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen). A cancerous prostate produces more but so can a "stressed" prostate from vibration and compression.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
You can post anonymously by entering a nickname with no password (if that nickname has not been taken by another member) or by leaving both fields empty. If you have an account you can also log in from this page without posting a message.

These forums are running on bulletin board script miniBB™ © 2001-2020