- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -
www.mast-victims.org forum / Legal / shielding a mast on my land
biofarmer
# Posted: 10 Jan 2014 17:03

I'm just moving to a new farm property and there is an O2 mast already there in the main yard. I have done some preliminary research into how easy it would be to get removed and "difficult" seems to be the consensus. I am happy to shield my living quarters (protective paints etc) but am still very concerned by daytime exposure whilst working in the yard (less than 15m from mast on average). Does anyone have any knowledge of the legal issues regarding my building a shielding wall around the mast. I have not yet seen the mast rental contract but I would assume I'm probably not permitted to block the signal with construction work?

agnes
# Posted: 12 Jan 2014 03:43

Biofarmer.
I am so sorry that you are moving to a new farm with a mast in your yard.
We had a mast installed 20 METRES away from out Then Home/workplace, at a lower level than the house so it irradiated the whole house, and as you rightly point out the whole of our outside facilities, and we had to get out of there ASAP and leave our home to the wolves. (it is now and has been since a rental (6 months seems at the most until back on the market).

All I know about removal of masts on farms, is that it seems very difficult to get them removed. The Industry has been known to refuse to remove them even after the contracts run out.
So, in the first place: Find out about the contract, how long has it got until expiry?
How are your chances of getting it removed?
If you have a solicitor, get him to look into the case. NFU might also be able to assist you.
Ask your predecessors Why they are moving, is it because of the effects from the mast, because, believe you me, they have dire effects on both humans and animals.
If the contract is long standing you might be able to, probably with the help of your solicitor to get the mast moved to a distant corner of the property.
You can shield your home to a certain extent, but even the best paint, Military grade Yshield, which we have used Will Not block all the radiation out, so the best solution for you is to have the mast removed altogether if possible, or alternatively moved away to a remote corner.
Let me know your progress please as there are so many others who have a similar problem and Any info helps to guide them.
Best regards.
Agnes

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 12 Jan 2014 09:22

biofarmer,

Here are some reports of problems with mobile-phone masts near farms and in nature:

Farmers warned over leasing land for mobile phone masts

Garlic farmer raises stink over microwave towers

Warning: High Frequency

Mobile radiation stunts crop growth

Electronic smog 'is disrupting nature on a massive scale'

Microwaving the planet: Flowers disappear alongside wild bees, study finds

Farmer forced to sleep in his jeep

The mystery of the magnetic cows

Anonymous
# Posted: 11 Apr 2014 11:03

As a result, Linear Technology had to change its business model to include the additional capability of perfectly hitting its customers

ES
# Posted: 11 Apr 2014 20:06

@ biofarmer from

look up cattle+phone masts+cataracts
[PDF]
Congenital ocular abnormalities in farm animals - Veterinary ...
davidlwilliams.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/file0267.pdf‎
Congenital cataracts have been documented in cattle in several reports, with the ... imity to telephone mast and electromagnetic field strength was statistically ...
Mobile phone masts linked to birthdefects; EXCLUSIVE ...
www.thefreelibrary.com › ... › October 22, 2000‎
NEW evidence has been revealed to link mobile phone masts with serious birth defects. ... afterthey put a mast on my cow shed, some cows developed cataracts.
[PDF]
Report on Cell Tower Radiation - Department of Electrical ...
www.ee.iitb.ac.in/~mwave/GK-cell-tower-rad-report-DOT-Dec2010.pdf‎
by G Kumar - ‎2010 - ‎Cited by 3 - ‎Related articles
Advantages and disadvantages of cell phone technology. 3. 2. ...... increase the risk of developing cataracts in humans, a condition characterized by clouding in the .... phone mast, showed a fourfold increased incidence of cancer compared with the .... micronuclei in erythrocyte in the blood of cattle grazing on a farm near a ...
==================================

Also look up cattle +phone masts + birth defects
cattle +phone masts + abortions

ES

ES
# Posted: 11 Apr 2014 20:13

@ bio farmer
search phone mast +farm + ill-health

ES

alasdairp
# Posted: 12 Apr 2014 22:43

It is most unlikely that O2 will do anything about the mast. It is a slippery slope to agree to any change for anyone and the Operators will usually fight hard to keep it. If you own the farm then you will probably be able to refuse to renew the lease/agreement when it come up - they vary from 10 years (very rare now) to 50 years with 20 or 25 years being typical, I am told.

Depending on where you are located the Mobile Network Operators pay significant money each year as rental on mast sites - so the farm owner will have "several to many" thousands of pounds more income each year.

You need to measure the RF signal levels - very difficult to predict even when you have the height and transmitter poweres, especially with buildings close by. Only then will you be able to decide what (if anything) you need to do in the way of screening.

www.emfields.org (I have a stake in this business) rents out (and sells) suitable meters.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
You can post anonymously by entering a nickname with no password (if that nickname has not been taken by another member) or by leaving both fields empty. If you have an account you can also log in from this page without posting a message.

These forums are running on chat forum software miniBB™ © 2001-2020