- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -
www.mast-victims.org forum / Health / Mobile Phone/Mast Radiation
. 1 . 2 . >>
Eileen O´Connor
# Posted: 2 Oct 2006 03:18

Mobile Phone/Mast Radiation
I attended the first meeting for the EMF Discussion Group at the Health Protection Agency for Radiation Protection (HPA - RPD) on 2nd March 2006; the meeting was chaired by Sir William Stewart and included key people from the HPA, Department of Health, Mobile Operators Association (MOA) and representatives from campaign groups. It was a positive meeting and hopefully the first of many. Sir William has invited the EMF Discussion Group to provide a forum to consider health concerns related to exposure to EMFs and provide an input to EMF advice from the HPA.

Discussion needs to be followed up with action and I along with fellow members of the group are committed on behalf of EHS people, cancer patients and the many other people suffering with problems related to emfs to see this through to the end. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Sir William Stewart for opening up an important and urgent debate.

You will be pleased to know that the record note of the March 2nd meeting is now posted on the HPA web site. The second meeting is due to take place in October 2006.
The address is given below:
http://www.hpa.org.uk/radiation/understand/radiation_topics/emf/emfdg/ index.htm

ICNIRP (International Commission on Non-Ionising Radiation Protection) is reviewing its safety Guidelines for exposure to EMR - April 2006.

“The U.S. Federal Communications Commission, (FCC’s) exposure guidelines are considered protective of effects arising from a thermal mechanism but not from all possible mechanisms. Therefore, the generalisation by many that the guidelines protect human beings from harm by any or all mechanisms is not justified” Norbert Hankin, Key EPA (Environmental Protection Agency)scientist USA.

Dr.George. ‘Carlo Carroll &Graff 2001’. Safe levels of exposure to all forms of radiation have been lowered continuously since the 1920s. They seem to get it wrong every time! From; Cell Phones Invisible Hazards in the Wireless Age.

The UK has allowed the highest output of radiation in the world. The UK recently adopted lower levels of radiation by accepting guidelines set by the International Commission on Non-Ionising Radiation Protection ‘ICNIRP’. However, the ICNIRP standard does not offer any form of protection other than from the heating effects of microwave radiation. In other words ICNIRP only protects your body from properties of high levels of elevated temperatures. A very substantial body of peer reviewed science clearly shows many biological changes have already happened.

The Government and Health Protection Agency Radiation Protection (HPA RPD) -formerly known as the NRPB now admit that magnetic fields at the power levels of 0.4 microtesla doubles the risk of contracting leukaemia, whilst other European Countries have brought down their power levels to 1 or 2 microtesla, the UK remain 100 times higher.

See Telegraph news report: Pylon cancer fears put £7bn blight on house prices.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;jsessionid=KICYAAGPSMXEHQFI QMFSFFOAVCBQ0IV0?xml=/news/2006/04/29/npylons29.xml&sSheet=/portal/200 6/04/29/ixportaltop.html

Other countries such as Taiwan and Vietnam are now taking measures to protect the public from EMF exposures.

Taiwan
http://www.digitimes.com/telecom/a20060316A9052.html

Electromagnetic radiation issues mean large costs for mobile-telecom carriers in Taiwan. Yinxuan Wang, Taipei; Adam Hwang, DigiTimes.com [Thursday 16 March 2006] According to TTIDA statistics, about 2,700 of 49,000 existing base stations around Taiwan were under protest and nearly 900 were finally demolished in 2005. The operators spent a total of more than (US$30.8 million) in dealing with such issues. This year, the total cost incurred is likely to rise to (US$61.7 million), the operators estimate.

Vietnam
http://www.thanhniennews.com/society/?catid=3&newsid=13602

Protective shielding to go up near high-voltage power lines

Some 2,099 households in central Vietnam are to be protected from dangerous electromagnetic fields emanating from a high-voltage power line with shielding technology, said Power Company No 2. The shields are to be set up to protect homes in line with Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) practice by end of March through central Vietnam, beginning in Gia Lai province and running north to Quang Binh province.

Leukemia, lymphoma and cancer of the nervous system are diseases that can be caused in children exposed to the powerful electromagnetic waves without protection.

The shield system is considered the most effective measure to combat the waves and effectively protect anyone that spends excessive periods of time near high-voltage power lines. Reported by Quang Thang - Translated by Thanh Tuan

A report on electronic smog by Geoffrey Lean, Environment Editor writing for the UK Independent news paper 7th May 2006. It states the curse of the mobile phone age: around your home there are countless gadgets whose electrical fields, scientists now warn, are linked to depression, miscarriage and cancer. Please go to enclosed website link for more information.
http://news.independent.co.uk/environment/article362557.ece

Reporter Nic Flemings article in the Telegraph 4/11/2005 reported Dr Jill Meara of the UK Health Protection Agency as saying people who think they suffer from electro-sensitivity should consider keeping their distance from electrical appliances. This was the advice from the Health Protection Agency following the Irvine report:
http://www.hpa.org.uk/radiation/publications/hpa_rpd_reports/index.htm

It is not good enough telling the estimated 2 million EHS people suffering to keep their distance from electric devices. What do you do if you have a phone mast next to your home? How do you keep away from that?

What sort of society are we living in when only certain people are allowed to earn a living, consigning the rest to live out their lives in pain, enforced poverty and isolation? By encouraging the proliferation of wireless devices, society has created an invisible under-class who are denied the opportunities available to everyone else. ES victims are often unable to use their talents and capabilities to earn a living through denial of access to transport and places most people take for granted. With other forms of disability, society has taken the view that such a situation is unacceptable and as legislated to ensure equal access and equal opportunity.

It is unacceptable to say “keep your distance from electrical appliances” or “Get over it, take a pain killer” then you could travel to work and be employed in our WiFi office surrounded by cordless and mobile phones”. Why should EHS people in the UK be any different to the recognised EHS people in Sweden?

We want prevention and protection, we need to be treated with respect and honestly represented by the people in power we deserve nothing less.

The UK Government has taken over £22 billion in the selling of the licences to the mobile phone industry. They put £3.5 million back into research along with £3.5 million from the Mobile Phone Industry. Further support was announced on November, 04 for research on three additional studies for the MTHR programme. While we welcome further research, we are concerned that it lacks true independence and would prefer the funding to go to an independent group of scientists.

Other countries medical professions recognise that some people are sensitive to non-ionising radiation. Sweden now has a medical register of 285,000 and California 700,000. We believe these figures are underestimated, since many people are not aware that their symptoms are connected to a condition known as electro-sensitivity or hypersensitivity (EHS) people. However, if the same figures apply to the UK this could indicate over 2.1 million people are knowingly or unknowingly affected to environmental fields (EMF).

Sir William Stewart, head of the UK’s Health Protection Agency (HPA), has called for the precautionary principle to be invoked, especially where children are concerned, as they will absorb a higher dose of radiation and for a longer period of time.

We are now seeing evidence of cancer clusters appearing in radiation from phone masts after long-term exposure, throughout the UK. There appears to be a cancer epidemic across Europe with younger people developing this deadly disease.

The Naila Study, Germany (November 2004) – This study, conducted over 10 years was released by The Federal Agency for Radiation Protection, Germany. Medical doctors compiled case histories since 1994 – 2004, looking at heightened risk of taking ill with malignant tumours. They discovered a threefold increase after five years exposure to microwave radiation from a mobile phone mast transmitter for up to 400 metres distance, compared to those patients living further away.

A study carried out by Ronni Wolf MD and Danny Wolf MD, Kaplan Medical Centre, Israel (April 2004) discovered a fourfold increase in cancer within 350 metres after long-term exposure to microwave radiation from a mobile phone mast and a tenfold increase specifically among women, compared to patients living away from the masts.

Six other short-term mobile phone mast studies have also found significant health effects such as headaches, dizziness, depressio

Anonymous
# Posted: 16 Oct 2006 19:12

why are you all such losers? Get a life.. stop winging the whole time.. live life stop winging!

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

agnes
# Posted: 18 Oct 2006 03:41

Anonymous.
We are certainly not losers, but I feel you are.

Notice we HAVE NAMES, we dont hide, but stand up.
We dont lurk in the dark like you do!

And, we have to listen to cowards like you, nameless cowards, yuk!
Why dont YOU go and GET A LIFE where you dont feel the need to hide your identity??????
Agnes

Valintino
# Posted: 9 May 2007 10:39

Hello, Your site is great. Regards, Valintino Guxxi

Ariel
# Posted: 17 Oct 2007 08:20

Hi all. I live in Buenos Aires, Argentina. The administration that takes care of my building is going to propose the installation of a cell phone base on the roof. I am right below, at the last floor, so the device would be transmitting all day long at a distance of 30 m or less from me and my family. From what I have read so far, I am quite impressed. Any more comments and information I can use to dissuade this attempt are welcomed at giolepo@hotmail.com. Thanks!

Ariel

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 17 Oct 2007 13:21

Hi Ariel,

You can start by giving your administration a print of these UK articles:

"SEVEN people living beneath a pair of mobile phone masts have been struck down by cancer, it emerged yesterday.":
Link to article

"Orange to remove mobile mast from 'tower of doom', where cancer rate has soared"
Link to article

Best regards,
Henrik

Shummana
# Posted: 17 Feb 2008 15:52

Hi there, I'm Shummana.

I'm doing a case study on mobile phone masts and radiation. I was wondering if there are any cases 'for' mobile phones instead of 'against' as i need sources for and against to explain.

Your site is great and it helped me a lot! Thanks so much! I needed a more clear description and i found it here! Thanks, your article is great!

weety
# Posted: 18 Feb 2008 02:56

The only for[/i] you will get is 'money' for the evil telecom/governments and against[i] everyones health

Bryan
# Posted: 18 Feb 2008 11:38

Shummana,

I suspect that I may be your only hope on this website in helping with the case 'for' mobile phone masts. I work in the industry and would be happy to help you with any questions you might have. What sort of things do you need to know? I see from Weety's post that I am apparently 'evil'. I guess you'll just have to take your chance.

rene.mccartney@ arnoldclark.co. uk
# Posted: 7 Aug 2008 11:31

In reply to Shummana,
I have just found out that a mobile phone mast is being installed in front of my house! I'm really not happy about the idea but would really like to be educated enough to be able to even ask questions! Do you have a site you would recommend would give me good advice regarding these masts. Apparantly we cant prevent install due to health concerns. Also ref planning permission cant find any docs or any ref to this informing general public which also makes me feel this is a little under handed!!!!

Rene

caz
# Posted: 24 Sep 2008 20:24

http://freepage.twoday.net/stories/5063037/ this is whats happening where i live and i constantly here humming noises when i try sleep at night

mary cornwall
# Posted: 21 Feb 2009 12:23

hi, i lived in carnarvon road south woodford where there are loads of masts on a block of flats, for about 20 years, there have been loads of cancer related illnesses and deaths, I myself was diagnosed with two brain tumours last year of which one was removed and the other is only small so i opted out of 2nd surgery but am under neurologists, the radiation level from these masks are outrageous and dangerous and i agree that they are only put up for the greed of the owners of these buildings, its okay to say get a life and whinge but you probably dont know anyone who gets these terrible illnesses and it seems strange that people who do usually live near one of these bas..... masks
Mary

Susanne
# Posted: 2 Mar 2009 16:34

I have two friends who both live in very close proximity to the same mobile phone mast (approx 150m either side). One of them has suffered from ME for the last 2 years and is bedridden and unable to look after her 2 young children. The other family suffered the death of their 3 year old child from a flu-like virus, but it is suspected that the virus killed her due to undiagnosed leukemia (ie childhood cancer) otherwise her immune system would have fought it off. I am an outside observer and I don't feel it is my place to point out to them the significance of the mobile phone mast without causing more grief to two innocent families who have enough to cope with. Who would be responsible for collating such trends? We all seem to notice the clusters of ill health round certain mobile phone masts, yet no significance seems to be attached to these matters. Is there no government site where such matters should be collated and analysed for the good of mankind - imagine the health disaster we are building up for the the human race in the future.

Anonymous
# Posted: 7 Mar 2009 18:15

Hi,
I am just about to relocate overseas and the home we are buying is (according to GoogleEarth) about 530 metres from a set of mobile phone masts. The masts are atop a hill/small mountain. The masts are 160 metres higher than the house. So we're 530 metres away and 160 metres below the masts. There is no line of sight due to the curvature of the hill, though undoubtedly the signal will still reach the house. I have photos of the masts in question.
Is there any way I can get the situation assessed by an expert to more fully understand the situation?
What is worse, to be 500 metres from hill-top masts or 100 metres from a street based lampost style mast?
I would greatly appreciate any genuine comments as I have three youngish children and whilst I don't want to be paranoid I must do my best to fully assess any risks.
Thanks in advance,
John.

Johnny
# Posted: 7 Mar 2009 18:19

Sorry don't know why my post above came up as anonymous I obviously didn't sign-in properly. John.

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 7 Mar 2009 20:40

Hi Johnny,

What part of the world are you relocating to? Maybe we can put you in touch with an independent expert in that area.

What's worst? hill-top or lamppost mast... hard to say really. If you are 500m away from a mast then you should be at the outer edge of its main beam patch. Since the hill-top mast is so far up, it probably has extra power output - if there are no houses close to it (?). As a rule of thumb you can say that the beam of greatest intensity from a 15m lamppost mast hits the ground about 250m out from the mast.

If you click here you will see a graph of the exposure pattern from a typical 15m high mobile-phone mast. The exposure situation is probably somewhat different in your case since the masts are so high above your ground level. If you can find out what telecoms operator owns the masts then you can try calling them and asking them about what areas those masts are covering. Also get info on what technology the masts use (GSM or 3G), power-output, how many degrees the antennas are pointing downwards. That will help in an assessment.

Best,
Henrik
ps: graph is from Powerwatch UK

Johnny
# Posted: 7 Mar 2009 23:23

Hi Henrik,

Thank you so much for a quick and intelligent response.

<<What part of the world are you relocating to?>>
The country is Cyprus I'd be very interested to know if there are any experts there as my only alternative is to fly down there at very short notice with an Acousticom & Com Monitor and compare the readings with what I'm used to in my locality here in the UK. Your (Powerwatch) graph will come in very useful as a frame of reference.

The masts are at a high level (570m above sea level) and they service the city below). The service provider is CYTA and my guess is that the masts will be outputing a mixture of GSM and 3G (as 3G is available there).

I can email you a photo taken by my brother earlier today if that helps.
There are residential homes closer to it than our prospective one, the closest being about 300 metres from it.

Many thanks again for your support and prompt response,
Johnny.

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 9 Mar 2009 14:21

Johnny,

We are trying to locate someone in the Cyprus area to assist you.
I'll post back when we hear more from our network.

You can email the mast photos to: henrik {-at-} mast-victims.org

Johnny
# Posted: 9 Mar 2009 23:00

Many thanks, photo emailed.

.Johnny.
# Posted: 10 Mar 2009 22:40

Hi Henrik,

Once again many thanks for support with this.

I've actually flown down to Cyprus and am there at the moment. I've spent
most of the day on-site with an Acousticom and Com monitor.

We traveled up as close to the masts as the road allows and the reading
there were, as you'd expect, quite substantial. However as we traveled
down to the level where private residences have been built the reading
tailed off dramatically. And by the point where we get down to even 75
metres above our property the readings were so low as not to register on
either the Com monitor or even on the more sensitive Acousticom. And down
at the level of the house (160m lower and 530m out horizontally) there is no
discernible reading at all.

It appears as though the location of the property, the curvature of the
mountain and the height and set-up of the masts mean that there is little to
no impact I'm delighted to report.

I would still however very much like to know what you think the masts are
out-putting so if you don't mind I've attached a photo from which I'd
appreciate your opinion.

Many thanks,
Johnny.

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 10 Mar 2009 22:42

Hi Johnny,

Thanks for the photo.
That's one of the worst mast "forests" I've seen yet. Good thing they are so high above your place.

The good news is that your com & acousticom measurements seem to indicate that you are well out of the "hot zone".
The acousticom's sensitivity is 0.05 V/m which corresponds to 6.6
microWatts/m2 (just another unit of measure that my gear uses).
If the acousticom doesn't pick up any signals at all then you should be ok.
As a reference, I recommend that you take a look at the 2005 Bamberg
study, done by German medical doctors, where they correlated
signal-intensity with health symptoms. It provides a good picture of
what biologial effects to expect at different intensities. Powerwatch
has a short article about Bamberg here:
http://www.powerwatch.org.uk/News/20050722_bamberg.asp
If you scroll past the yellow text box you will find 4 graphs. Those are
the intensity/symptom graphs. Underneath those you will find
explanations of the symptom group bars. In your situation where you seem
to fit in the first graph (less than 10microWatt/m2), 70% of subjects
felt no adverse health effects.
Consider your own and your families individual sensitivity towards
mobile telephony radiation. If you can use a mobile-phone, or stand near
others using phones, without feeling adverse effects, then 0.05 V/m
should'nt bother you.
The com monitor is far less sensitive than the acousticom with it's
threshold of 0.7 V/m (= 1299 microWatt/m2).

When you get there and settle in, take notice of how well you and your
family sleep. Nighttime is when we are especially vulnerable to
low-level microwaves since they can disturb the pineal glands production
of the sleep hormone melatonin. Melatonin is a growth hormone (emphasis
on kids) and the bodies own most effective cancer protection. If you
have consistent trouble sleeping then try melatonin supplements (you can
get them from BioVea over the internet).
Another known effect of microwave radiation is excess production of free
radicals within the body and that depletes the bodies reserves of
anti-oxidants. To minimize this oxidative stress damage you can take
vitamin E and C supplements which is shown to greatly reduce the amount
of DNA breaks within chronically exposed rats in scientific studies.

Take regular acousticom measurements to detect if neighbors have gotten
any shiny new wireless thingies. They can be a real pest.

By the way: you can increase the sensitivity of the acousticom to 0.03
V/m (= 2.3 microWatts/m2) with a very simple modification. See here:
http://www.emfields.org/equipment/mw1foil.asp

I hope you find this useful.

Best regards,
Henrik

Sigrid
# Posted: 15 Mar 2009 19:09

Hi Henrik
Since you seemt to understand the data, I wonder if you could advice me too. We are potentially making an offer on a house that has 4 mobile phone masts across an open field from the house. They are in direct view of the house , 550m away. There are 2 UMTS masts operating at full power 32dBW being of 19m height, and two GSM masts (15m and 22m high) operating at 26 dBW power. Is 550m enough distance in your opinion? The masts are on a gentle slope slightly below the level of the house, in case that makes any difference.
Thank you in advance.

gordy
# Posted: 23 Mar 2009 21:51

Hi there,
I hope that someone can be of help and point me in the right direction. I have just found out that there is a 12 metre mast being erected on a garage forecourt right at the back of my garden in between 2 trees and it is to be disguised as a telegraph pole to minimize the visual impact.
Well tbh after they cut down 10 very large leylandi trees that used to hide the awful sight of the petrol station (now on full view to myself and all my neighbours) i am not really that bothered about the appearance of a mobile phone mast. However i am very concerned as to the health impact that this potentially has on my 3 children ages 2, 10 and 12 the mast will be approx 20 metres away from my house and less than 5 metres from my back fence. There was a petition sent in to oppose this, and therefore resulted in the mast being relocated from one side of the petrol station to the other (right behind my garden now). I also am very sure that the mast will be less than 400 metres from a local school (as the crow flies). I only have 2 days to get this in writing as my wife put the letter down by the settee unopened which was sent on the 10/03/2009 and we have 14 days to get our reply in writing to them, now leaving me with 2 short days ...gulp (not very pleased). Any help will be gratefully appreciated.

thanks in advance,

Gordon

Anonymous
# Posted: 4 Apr 2009 17:37

Hello could someone tell me if the following symptoms could be caused by being to close to a mast. My Dad suffers from: Buzzing in his head, dizzyness, neck pain, muscle aches and high blood pressure. Every weekend he spends in the woods and after reading up on EHS I searched to see if there were any mobile masts in the area and found two - could this by chance be causing these effects?

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 5 Apr 2009 15:15 - Edited by: Henrik

Anonymous,

There have been many reports of your listed symptoms in EHS people exposted to mobile-phone masts. Possible culprits can also be cordless phones and wireless internet routers. One case I've seen became i'll from a electrical heater with a fan. The magnetic field from the fan was off the scales. I put in that example to illustrate that EHS can be caused by less suspected things aswell.
When did the symptoms start? Does the time coincide with neighbors installing any wireless equipent? Have you removed all wireless from your household?

In you dads case: first off, have your dad visit the doctor for a checkup.
If turns up no explanation then you can begin suspecting EHS.
Go to the SiteFinder website:
http://www.sitefinder.ofcom.org.uk/
and check your area for mast locations (note that you have to zoom down to street level to see the mast locations as red triangles on the map). Rule of thumb says that the radiation from a typical 15m high mast is strongest, at ground level, about 250m distance from the mast.

Margaret
# Posted: 7 Apr 2009 02:41

Anonymous.

The phone masts could most definitely be causing these problems.
These are typical symptoms.

The best place to be is in the woods. Some electrosensitive people in Germany have fled to woods to sleep in cars and caravans in the middle of Winter to escape the radiation. The radiation does not penetrate into woods.

However, as well as considering the masts make sure that he does not also have a DECT phone or wifi on a computer in his home. Both these will also cause similar effects. This DECT or wifi radiation can also come in from the neighbouring house or flat. The BT Home Hib comes with a DECT phone that emits 24/7/365. likewise a mobile phone the other side of the bedroom wall can cause problems.

Do you have wifi or WIMAX in the town?

I would like to direct you to this letter that is on the Powerwatch website at www.powerwatch.org.uk. But have a good look at the information on that website.

22/07/2005 - German Doctors unite on RF health effects
http://www.powerwatch.org.uk/news/20050722_bamberg.asp

The doctors in Germany have been complaining very loudly to their governments about the adverse health effects that they have been seeing in their patients. Indeed, the doctors in Bamberg, Germany measured and documented the exposure levels in peoples' homes and their symptoms.

They have actually found that that patients have experienced increased blood pressure, increased cholesterol that was hard to control and other cardiovascular problems from phone masts. Plus numerous other effects.

I had problems myself due to phone mast radiation. It was coming in through the windows, walls and the roof/ceilings.
I have been screening my home. I initially added some aluminium catering foil screening to the bedroom windows. I later replaced the plain glass windows with Pilkington K double glazing. Look at these websites.
There are various materials that can be used to screen the windows.

http://www.emfields.org/publications/overview.asp
http://www.emfields.org/equipment/overview.asp
http://www.emfields.org/publications/overview.asp

I recommend that you ring up EMFields and have a word with them.

Postal address: 2 Tower Road, Sutton, Ely, Cambs, CB6 2QA.
Telephone: +44 (0)1353 778814, open 9:00am - 1:00pm *
Email: info@emfields.org

I suggest that you consider hiring an acousticom and a com meter from
EMFields as a starting point and get the Powerwatch book on shielding your home.
http://www.emfields.org/equipment/overview.asp

This is something that you need to tackle seriously. You need to get the levels down in his bedroom and where he spends time.
I have now become very sensitive and I experience tingling /itching with low levels of exposure. I now sleep under a Swiss Shield canopy.

Look at the electrosensitivity-uk website http://www.es-uk.info

Margaret

Anonymous
# Posted: 23 Apr 2009 11:51

Hi all. I wonder if you can help me, please. We moved into a new house about 6 months ago and, as I have a 3 year old daughter who may be genetically more susceptible than most to developing certain tumours (family history etc) , I checked the ofcom sitefinder tool when househunting to make sure that we were far away from masts. This ruled out many a house, I can tell you, particularly as I wanted to be away from traffix fumes and pesticides too!

However, I recently bought an electrosmog detector and the results were not what I expected. It buzzes reasonably loudly in pockets around the house. The downstairs is fairly quiet save for a few very low level pockets, so that doesn't worry me too much. The upstairs is worse. There is a 37.5m high mast on top of a large hill about 900m away. It has two antenna - details as follows: (1) 1800MHz, GSM 19-32 dBW and (2) 900MHz, GSM 19-32 dBW. There is a clear sightline from this to our house as we are down below it. I have moved my daughter's bedroom to the other side of the house, where it is very quiet on the electrosmog detector. But the bedrooms where my husband I sleep and work (and of course my daughter plays there sometimes) do have some loud pockets. The garden also has some loudish patches - by which I mean not top volume as if standing under a mast but clearly audible, not a feint whine.

Can anyone advise me how serious this is likely to be? I am thinking about trying to put up some screening lining paper on the internal walls which face the mast but am not sure how sensitive the elctrosmog detector is and whether I am getting this out of control? In my more panicky moments I even consider moving house again but as that is disruptive for all of us, it's only something to do if this is a serious problem which can't be rectified. We are not ES and have experience no obvious symptoms from the monitor buzzing!

Thanks for any help.

Han

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 25 Apr 2009 15:28

Han,

Regarding your question: click here.

bb
# Posted: 11 Jun 2009 15:53

im so with that last anon, you lot should just get on with youre lives and stop conplaining

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 11 Jun 2009 17:18

bb,

so, you win all the speling contests at your skool?

. 1 . 2 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
You can post anonymously by entering a nickname with no password (if that nickname has not been taken by another member) or by leaving both fields empty. If you have an account you can also log in from this page without posting a message.

These forums are running on bulletin board software miniBB™ © 2001-2024