- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -
www.mast-victims.org forum / Health / Public consultation on the SCENIHR Opinion on Possible effects of (EMF) on Human Health
Christine kind
# Posted: 2 Oct 2006 04:38

Public consultation on the SCENIHR Opinion on
Possible effects of Electromagnetic Fields (EMF) on Human Health

Electromagnetic Fields (EMF) have their origin in diverse sources such as domestic, industrial and medical electrical appliances and devices as well as high voltage overhead transmission lines. Exposure to EMF has been increasing for instance with the growth in the use of appliances of the telecommunications industry and with a rapid increase in the installation of transmitter masts used as radiotelephone base stations.

In view of the Commission’s intention to prepare a report to the Council and the amount of scientific evidence that has become available since the publication of an earlier opinion by the CSTEE on "Possible effects of Electromagnetic Fields (EMF), Radio Frequency Fields (RF) and Microwave Radiation on human health", of 30 October 2001, the Commission has asked the SCENIHR to both update the previous opinion of the CSTEE and to monitor new information that may influence the assessment of risks to human health in this area.

The Commission, in consultation with the SCENIHR, invites interested stakeholders to send their comments on the preliminary opinion by Friday, 3 November 2006 to the following e-mail address: Sanco-Sc1-Secretariat@ec.europa.eu. In order that your comments can be given the fullest consideration by the Commission, please use this format .

You are requested to provide contact details in the event that the Commission would like to have further clarification on any technical issue you may have raised.

The outcome of the consultation will be published. The opinion, which will be finalised after consideration of the replies to this public consultation, will serve as a basis for future activities carried out by the Commission.

Contributions received will be published on this website, unless requests not to do so have explicitly been made.
http://ec.europa.eu/health/ph_risk/committees/04_scenihr/scenihr_cons_ 03_en.htm

Volker Schorpp
# Posted: 2 Oct 2006 04:39

Liebe Mitstreiter,
Die EU fordert Betroffene auf Stellung zu nehmen zu Gesundheitsschäden durch elektromagnetische Felder. Eingabeschluss ist Freitag der 03.Nov. 2006
Die Kommission ist in Beratungen mit der SCENIHR (Scientific Committee on Emerging and Newly Identified Health Risks) und bittet nun Betroffene ihre Erfahrungen und Meinungen zu "möglichen Gesundheitsschäden durch elektromagnetische Felder" abzugeben.
http://ec.europa.eu/health/ph_risk/committees/04_scenihr/scenihr_cons_ 03_en.htm
Nach dem 3. Nov. sollen die Ergebnisse auf der SCENIHR Internetseite veröffentlicht werden
http://europa.eu.int/comm/health/ph_risk/committees/04_scenihr/04_scen ihr_en.htm
http://ec.europa.eu/health/ph_risk/committees/04_scenihr/scenihr_opini ons_en.htm
Ich finde das ist eine wichtige Befragung der EU und eine einmalige Gelegenheit ihre Erfahrungen und gegebenenfalls Erkrankungen in Zusammenhang mit einer Sendeanlage oder anderen Hochfrequenz- oder EMF-Belastungen an die EU Commision zu schicken!

Bitte beteiligt euch unbedingt!
In der Anlage ist die zu verwendende Vorlage als Word-Dokument. Wer kein englisch kann, soll seine Erfahrungen in deutsch schreiben und die ausgefüllte Worddatei an folgende Emailadresse schicken:
Sanco-Sc1-Secretariat@ec.europa.eu
Bitte verbreitet die Befragung der EU.
Beste Grüsse
Volker Schorpp

Iris Atzmon
# Posted: 2 Oct 2006 04:42

Dear Scientific Committee on Emerging and Newly Identified Health Risks,
I wish to inform you that I fully agree with Iris Atzmon ,This subject needs thorough,INDEPENDENT research in order to find the damage to our well-being that non-thermal EMF is causing.
I lived near a cellphone tower for one year and it has completely damaged my nervous System.I also know of many innocent people that have had to move,quit their jobs ,and cannot find remedy for their sensitivity to EMF.One lady that I knew could not stand to live in the bombardment of EMF in our atmosphere ,She was found dead leaving behind a suicide note.I ask you IS THIS THE WAY TO TREAT INNOCENT PEOPLE ?.Two others I know,one a teacher and another ,an office worker,have had to leave their jobs and try to find refuge from EMF.I had to leave a lovely home and am now living in a cabin in the woods ,away from cellphone towers.I have received many calls for help over the passed ten years of research, from people that are desperate to find comfort and remedy.
I have read many scientific studies as well as surveys that were taken around cellphone towers and a lot show that there is danger to our health from the emissions.In fact I find more studies showing illness from EMF than from second hand smoke,yet many cities in Canada are banning smoking in public places due to possible effects to others.Why is EMF not being more closely looked at????I find it is doing more harm than second hand smoke.
If you are interested in the preservation of human health I advise that the world standards be set at a density that dose not harm human health,even if it means shutting the wireless system down.!!!
Yours Truly Robert Riedlinger Mission BC Canada.Ph 604-826 6791

I have looked at your preliminary report
http://ec.europa.eu/health/ph_risk/committees/04_scenihr/docs/scenihr_ o_006.pdf

It seems that the position of this committee is already rather clear. You write:

A. "The additional information which has become available on carcinogenic and other nonthermal effects of radiofrequency and microwave radiation frequencies in the last years does not justify a revision of exposure limits set by the Commission on the basis of the conclusions of the 1998....A relatively large series of laboratory studies has not provided evidence of genotoxicity....
current knowledge is insufficient for the implementation of measures aimed at the identification and protection of a highly sensitive subgroup of the population.....Studies on neurological effects and reproductive effects have not indicated any health risks at exposure levels below the ICNIRP-limits established in 1998".....

B. "Bias in these studies [studies on EMF, that compose the IARC possible carcinogens evaluation] could explain some of the raised risk. The findings from observational studies are not supported by studies in experimental animals, which provide inadequate evidence of carcinogenicity'". p.30

C. "Overall, there is little evidence of any health-relevant in vitro effects of RF electromagnetic fields below guidelines" p. 22

D. "Most likely, the health problems described as EHS are not related to the physical presence of EMF" p. 24

With regard to: "The EU is inviting stakeholders to send comments with regards to EMFs and the effects on human health before 3rd November, 2006" :

I am writing you as a private person, who sees what's going on. I am a shareholder because I
live in an irradiated city in an irradiated country, I read EMF studies, I am in contact with electrosensitive people and public informed groups. I am one of the victims of conflicts of interests in the WHO and the ignoring in the EU of this conflict.
There are about 2 billions such victoms in the world. The implications of this conflict is that the documented bias of the
ICNIRP standard is ignored. Therefore I insist:

1) I ask on my and other victims' behalf, that an investigative committee in the EU will investigate the conflict of interests in the World Health Organization that is documented in a doctorat work done by Don Maisch. I attach one of the doctorat papers on the subject. A lot of work has been published about EMF in the last 40 years, and the public is not aware of it: can the reason for this negligence be that during years, the former head of EMF project at the World Health Organization, Dr. Michael Reapcholi, has received, according to the cellular inudstry, (according to Microwave News report, www.microwavenews.com ) $150,000 a year + travel and meeting expenses from the cellular industry? The WHO also invited the power industry to set the health EMF standards (everything is docuemented in the published doctorat paper that I attached) I ask to check whether his replacement, Emili van Deventer, receives this money now also, or more money than he received. I read on a french website that Dr. Emili Van Devener was not ashamed to say that the risk from powerlines is equivalent to one case of Leukemia in whole France. (www.next- up.org).
I have been following during the last years after dozens of reports from people all over the world reporting to the WHO about illness clusters around celllular antennas, and they were ignored, and not checked. A petition that was sent to Kofi Anan in 2000 by a huge group of citizens and scientists was ignored - nothing was done about it, although they sent 10 kg of signatures and scientific works. I attach the petition too. In addiation, this is a new resolution of 31 scientists that must not be ignored: http://www.icems.eu/docs/BeneventoResolution.pdf

2) The late Dr. Neil Cherry documented a large amout of data that shows that the ICNIRP systematically biased
results of studies together with the World Health Organization. Your committee recommends on this standard according to your preliminary report. and your committee supports the view that there is no justification to reduce ICNIRP standard according to non-thermal data. Dr. Michael Repacholi pushed all the governments in the world to adopt the standard ON THE BASIS of bias of litrature as Dr. Cherry documented and not only him, but also prof John Goldsmith, Dr. Michael Kundi, Don Maisch, Dr. Jerard Hyland, Dr. Walter Medinger. Just one question: Did you bother to check Cherry's refute of the ICNIRP assesment? Because the public is aware of this bias already, I ask you to respond to public knowledge and not ignore it. There was never any refute of Cherry's documentation of bias, so I understand that both ICNIRP and WHO know that he was right. This is his documentation of bias: http://www.feb.se/EMFguru/CellPhone/cherry2/ICNIRP-2.htm I think the public will be more protected without the ICNIRP, it is a private organization which the public never chose. I repeat: the ICNIRP was not chosen by the public and there was never a public examination of the ICNIRP. (Isn't it a good idea, by he way).

By the way, the Benevento resolution is contradictory to your preliminary report.
http://www.icems.eu/docs/BeneventoResolution.pdf

Sincerely
Iris Atzmon.
Victim of conflict of interests.
Israel.

Robert Riedlinger
# Posted: 2 Oct 2006 04:43

I wish to inform you that I fully agree with Iris Atzmon ,This subject needs thorough,INDEPENDENT research in order to find the damage to our well-being that non-thermal EMF is causing.
I lived near a cellphone tower for one year and it has completely damaged my nervous System.I also know of many innocent people that have had to move,quit their jobs ,and cannot find remedy for their sensitivity to EMF.One lady that I knew could not stand to live in the bombardment of EMF in our atmosphere ,She was found dead leaving behind a suicide note.I ask you IS THIS THE WAY TO TREAT INNOCENT PEOPLE ?.Two others I know,one a teacher and another ,an office worker,have had to leave their jobs and try to find refuge from EMF.I had to leave a lovely home and am now living in a cabin in the woods ,away from cellphone towers.I have received many calls for help over the passed ten years of research, from people that are desperate to find comfort and remedy.
I have read many scientific studies as well as surveys that were taken around cellphone towers and a lot show that there is danger to our health from the emissions.In fact I find more studies showing illness from EMF than from second hand smoke,yet many cities in Canada are banning smoking in public places due to possible effects to others.Why is EMF not being more closely looked at????I find it is doing more harm than second hand smoke.
If you are interested in the preservation of human health I advise that the world standards be set at a density that dose not harm human health,even if it means shutting the wireless system down.!!!
Yours Truly Robert Riedlinger Mission BC Canada.Ph 604-826 6791

Eileen O´Connor
# Posted: 2 Oct 2006 04:44

EU Commission consultation on EMF's

The EU is inviting stakeholders to send comments with regards to EMFs and the effects on human health before
3rd November, 2006.
The Commission is in consultation with the Scientific Committee on Emerging and Newly Identified Health Risks (SCENIHR), is now inviting stakeholders to comment on the scientific opinion on "Possible effects of Electromagnetic Fields (EMF) on Human Health" which has just been finalized:

The consultation will run until 3 November 2006 and the outcome will be published on the SCENIHR website:

http://europa.eu.int/comm/health/ph_risk/committees/04_scenihr/04_scen ihr_en.htm

http://ec.europa.eu/health/ph_risk/committees/04_scenihr/scenihr_opini ons_en.htm

This is an important inquiry and a fantastic opportunity to send research/information to the EU Commission which is encouraging.
Kind Regards
Eileen O’Connor
Trustee
EM Radiation Research Trust
www.radiationresearch.org

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
You can post anonymously by entering a nickname with no password (if that nickname has not been taken by another member) or by leaving both fields empty. If you have an account you can also log in from this page without posting a message.

These forums are running on online community script miniBB™ © 2001-2020