- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -
www.mast-victims.org forum / Health / The BioInitative report is out!
Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 29 Aug 2007 16:23

From the BioInitative press release:

An international working group of scientists, researchers and public health policy professionals (The BioInitiative Working Group) has released its report on electromagnetic fields (EMF) and health. They document serious scientific concerns about current limits regulating how much EMF is allowable from power lines, cell phones, and many other sources of EMF exposure in daily life.

The report concludes the existing standards for public safety are inadequate to protect public health.

Anonymous
# Posted: 3 Oct 2007 03:30

I can't believe there seems to have been so little reaction about this in the media, yet a report published the following week 'proving' masts and mobile phones to be safe recieved quite wide coverage.

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 12 Oct 2007 12:21

Hi Anonymous,

Well, the BioInitiative report has gotten quite alot of media attention in Denmark. The Danish Health Agency is squirming around now. Their first reaction, that took a week to come, was a blanket denial of any scientific relevance or weight of the report. Then the European Environmental Agency went full frontal at the Danish Health Agency for being "perfide" in their rejection of the report.
Now the Danish Health Agency has released a statement saying that they largely agree with the report, and do take it seriously, but will not change standpoint on EMF and point out that parts of report is "lacking credibility".
The parts "lacking credibility" are those of Henry Lai, Martin Blank and Olle Johanssen.
The Danish Health Agency does not have a department for dealing with electromagnetic fields. They set up a "scientific board" in 2004 because of a national row about the safety of 3G masts in 2003.
If you look at who's on the "scientific board" that Danish Health Agency takes advice from, it's got Christoffer Johansen of Danish Cancer Society fame and also main man behind the 2006 "no risk" cohort study on mobiles & cancer.
Christoffer has also been with the WHO charade, invited by Repacholi.
Also on the board is industry man Jørgen Bach Andersen who is the governments top advisor on mobiles and masts.
So, to me the whole deal looks like a "cover yer' arses" stunt because they have been downplaying the risks all along.

blaze
# Posted: 4 Feb 2008 02:03 - Edited by: blaze

I don't think anything has been said about the Bioinitiative Report here in the US. Usually the media is all over stuff like this. It's a shame.

Anonymous
# Posted: 5 Jan 2013 22:08

The Bioinitiative Report 2012 is now out.

ericgeneric
# Posted: 5 Jan 2013 23:01

Headline news around the world? Don't bet on it. This should be though, instead some orchestrated tin-pot squabble in whatever part of the world the BBC want to focus on this week.

It's the wake-up-call. This says what so many of us have been saying for years, and what is happening to so many people worldwide.

EG.

agnes
# Posted: 6 Jan 2013 01:46

Hi all, especially Eric.
This makes it even more important than ever that WE ALL send in our view and "Storie´s" to the UK "Review of balance of competences" survey before the 28th of January, at least we can try to PUT THEM RIGHT for once.
This was sent to us by Phil Watts who works for ES-UK and he asked us to highlight the importance of this survey, so please do your best.
I will be putting this up as a "special" on Forum as well, as, like Phil I believe it to be Very Important that we come out in as big a Mass as we can muster, so please take part!!

Links: http://www.mast-victims.org/index.php?content=news&action=view&type=newsitem&id=5844
https://www.gov.uk/review-of-the-balance-of-competences

Best regards.
Agnes

ericgeneric
# Posted: 7 Jan 2013 03:04

Agnes,

Is the deadline 28th January, or February? I had a look at the government document and it seems to say 28th February, but for the public it may be earlier, and I may have misunderstood.

EG.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
You can post anonymously by entering a nickname with no password (if that nickname has not been taken by another member) or by leaving both fields empty. If you have an account you can also log in from this page without posting a message.

These forums are running on easy forum software miniBB™ © 2001-2024