- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -
www.mast-victims.org forum / Health / Canopies - Do they work?
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . >>
ES
# Posted: 20 Apr 2011 18:14

DS- I am having trouble getting the symbol [mu] for microwatts onto the webpage, so I shall write it as u [without the tail on the letter]
DS - Your meter measures microwatts per square metre [uWm-2] or milliwatts per square metre [mWm-2].

Henrik - Is there any way you might possibly put a symbol for 'mu' on the website, so that we could click to insert this symbol for micro please?

DS
# Posted: 21 Apr 2011 22:53

Hi ES sorry about the earlier post... with W/cm˛ -due to a website glitch where the microwatt symbol dissappeared after i posted. Anyway the units mode I normally use on the meter is µW/cm˛ (microwatts/cm2)- given the display has only 4 digits and the high typical field densities I've been seeing eg 2µW/cm˛ = 20,000µW/m˛ -which is too many digits for the meter to display in µw/m˛ so it displays it as 0.02mw/m2 but when the signal drops below 0.01mw/m2 it switches back into up to µW/m˛ mode which gets a bit confusing to keep track of.

So easier for me to just use the meter in microwatts/cm2 mode.

Re average vs peak, yes I did focus on average mode... have done peak readings but was so variable and I'd read somewhere my meter could get confused by digital (rather than analogue signals so I thought average mode would be safer. Will try again once I get home from holiday.

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 22 Apr 2011 11:19

Hi all,

Here's a little guide on how to put the µ (micro) symbol into forum posts:

hope it helps until I get a special symbol button onto here.

Mike
# Posted: 1 May 2011 20:49

Hello all,

it's been quite a long time I have not posted here.
I wanted to say I finally bought the canopy by YShield and it worked great! I have 3 mobile antennas near my summer house and I can still get a good night's sleep inside it (having taken 2mgs of melatonin of course).
Does anyone know if there are any alternatives to melatonin or any natural products that could help one relax and sleep? It seems that lately I cannot sleep well even with melatonin (my house is not near an antenna anymore).
I do not know what is wrong. Maybe my organism got fed up by taking the supplement for 2 years...
Thank you all and hope we all get better

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 1 May 2011 22:13

Mike,

Have you considered Valerian root tablets?

DS
# Posted: 12 May 2011 10:17

Peak vs average readings:

Update for anyone who's interested - I took peak readings and compared against the average readings I'd taken earlier and listed above. To be honest not much difference for background radiation levels in the house - perhaps only 25-35% higher than the average readings but still well within the same order of magnitude.

Quite dramatic difference though between peak and average when I measured my phone (on GSM/HSPDA and wifi) and wifi router when I forced each to transmit packet data. The average readings were negligible, but the measured peaks were something like 100-1000 times stronger. I can only guess the packets are much fewer and farther between on the wifi/phone than vs the cell mast's constant transmissions.

Anyone know the RF attenuation (in db) of mylar (aluminised polythene) space blankets?

I've googled without success attempting to find the shielding / attenuation in db of mylar sheeting at typical cell/wifi frequences (900mhz - 2.4ghz) but no joy.

I ask as I've tried to make a mockup 5 sided canopy using cheap mylar sheets, partly taped together using conductive foil tape. The only unshielded side is the bottom. I've certainly observed up to a 10db attenuation (1/10th) in places, but in others it is significantly less than that - perhaps only 3db (1/2). There are quite a few small - <5cm gaps on the non-irradiated side and top of canopy(I've held off taping it completely as it is a pain to then adjust) so the unimpressive attenuation may be due to leakage from the 360 degree reflections in my intensely irradiated bedroom, but still it has me wondering re mylar's inherent shielding properties.

Also I've observed when I move the meter very close to the interior of the mylar tent the readings skyrocket - I suspect it is detecting a localised electric field (it is an EF type of meter) perhaps induced in the mylar by the strong EM radiation.

DS
# Posted: 12 May 2011 10:19

Clarification re last para above:

...when I move the meter very close to the walls on the interior of the mylar tent the readings skyrocket...

MikeGi
# Posted: 16 May 2011 20:02

check out this guy's story that was at once emf sensitive but is no longer...

My Personal Story
http://www.electrical-sensitivity.info/

Excellent Read, have to take multiple factors into account.
have to support body's nerves and not overexcite them with wrong energy.
Grounding is excellent as is supporting the nerves by avoiding insults in diet that weaken them and make them sensitive and that includes wrong energy, and give them the nutrients they need to stay strong/ healthy. Good Luck to you guys, i was affected by magnetic fields and thank god I was able to realize what was going on and got out of it. Raised my sugar, blood pressure levels, slow healing, etc.

ericgeneric
# Posted: 17 May 2011 03:01

Hmm, so I could be spiritually advanced but not quite on the way to sainthood. Which is probably for the best, given what I would want to say the Person Upstairs when the time comes!

Anyhow, back to the mylar sheets; I've been using them in times of extra-strong EMRs in the house (at night, inevitably) as a personal shield. The strength of radiation is imposisble to completely block out, but it would do *something*, and *something*...however minor, is better than nothing.

In the last week or two, that approach to protecting myself even partially from the beams coming right into the rooms has stopped having any effect. So I had a rethink, and am now seeing if I can construct a more practical/effective shield with the mylar sheets. I don't go on readings, just my instinct based on the sensations I get from the radiation. They have always (until recently) offered even a small amount of protection. I can't say that about anything else I've tried.

EG.

Luis
# Posted: 30 Aug 2011 00:43

Hi Mike

High and low frequency energies affect your energetic body and then your physical body. So, after an intense search, I decided to try bio-energetics medical therapies. I'm getting Lenyo sessions Lux (bio-resonance), particularly with E-smog/EMF Stress program, which so far seems very promising.

Incredibly energetic derangements are cured with balanced energy.

Luis

singapore guy
# Posted: 10 Sep 2012 09:45

i am ehs too. i started using the grounding pads some weeks ago, both as mouse pad in my office and a pad on my bed touching my legs when i sleep. However, i find that these are making me even more sensitive!! i feel as if touching these grounded materials are short-circuiting my nervous system. not sure if others feel the same. i tried grounding my canopy, but i still wake up with a tingling feeling and some pain at the back of my head (right side). i somehow feel better when the canopy is not grounded. hope my experience helps. we are all doing trial and error and would appreciate the sharing of views so that we can find the best solutions to our problems as soon as possible.

Shiwa
# Posted: 11 Sep 2012 04:06 - Edited by: Shiwa

@Mike

Please tell which YShield canopy you bought—i have their catalogue and samples. There are two shapes (for single beds) and four fabrics.

Thanks,
Shiwa

Shiwa
# Posted: 11 Sep 2012 04:25

Regarding aluminized space-blankets, mylar and polyester ones are very noisy; there are a bit more expensive polyethelene ones which are very quiet (have slept in the emergency bivvy: need to wear raingear due to condensation!). The ones that i know of are http://www.adventuremedicalkits.com/products.php?catname=Shelter&cat=53 .

My tests indicate total attenuation of RF (mostly from celltowers) when an HF-meter is surrounded by a space-blanket, but i get some RF through Naturell fabric. Would need to be grounded if there is gauss-radiation from AC-mains in room—removing or breaking a fuse only stops the phase, the neutral circuit is still there as a common.

Shiwa

oatesfan@aol.co m
# Posted: 22 Sep 2012 10:06

I am very sensitive to energies of all kinds. In my spine I have degenerative disc disease, horrible..unimaginable pain, inflammation, spinal stenosis, arthritis in my spine, bulging discs (L5 is the worst right now), pinched nerves, depression, ocd, add syptoms.. and live on a very meager income of $936 a month. no credit cards and my $15 in the bank isn't going to get me any of the EMF items that I desperately need. how the hell is someone suppose to afford any of this? It's absolutely sick that if I were rich I would be in less pain.

oatesfan@aol.co m
# Posted: 22 Sep 2012 10:26

I am very sensitive to energies of all kinds. In my spine I have degenerative disc disease, horrible..unimaginable pain, inflammation, spinal stenosis, arthritis in my spine, bulging discs (L5 is the worst right now), pinched nerves, depression, ocd, add syptoms.. and live on a very meager income of $936 a month. no credit cards and my $15 in the bank isn't going to get me any of the EMF items that I desperately need. how the hell is someone suppose to afford any of this? It's absolutely sick that if I were rich I would be in less pain.

oatesfan@aol.co m
# Posted: 22 Sep 2012 10:27

oatesfan@aol.co m
# Posted: 22 Sep 2012 23:10

I don't know why/how that got posted 3x but I'm sorry!

ME
# Posted: 25 Oct 2012 22:46

I would be very interested to hear the experiences of those who already have, or soon get, the 4G. What shielding do you have and how is it working against the 4G?

ME

eric generic
# Posted: 25 Oct 2012 22:52

No official confirmation of 4G in our area yet, but the masts have been worked on (took a whole day) and since then we've had extra symptoms, worsening of existing symptoms, and basically any shielding is next to useless now.

EG.

ME
# Posted: 27 Oct 2012 15:02

We haven't 'officially' got 4G, but going back to June/July time the local mast[s] were off. Remarkably, no headache upstairs, no prickling skin. I checked on the Acoustimeter. <0.02 V/m. Usually 0.1 - 0.2 V/m. After several days, i awoke and my legs started prickling as as soon as I got out of bed. I sleep under a self-made, Heath Robinson canopy [a double layer of Chromax].
The power had been turned on again at the masts but the sound has changed. Are they doing some experimenting, I wonder?
Although I am getting a reading of <0.02 V/m under the canopy, my sleeping is bad and i keep waking up in the night with prickling in the back.

ME

eric generic
# Posted: 27 Oct 2012 16:27

You could be right about the experimenting. Things have definitely changed for us. They wouldn't spend a whole day working on a mast, with the street cordoned off with "danger" signs and barriers, if they were simply *upgrading*.

Whatever the frequency and strength of the new signal(s), it's different to before. Now it's really hitting my ears, blowing them out (as I call it, like on a plane or when you change altitude suddenly on a road). I can also feel the radiation in a more 360 degree sense, than in straight lines.

EG.

DM
# Posted: 4 Nov 2012 03:45

I live in Reno,NV,US and we definitely have 4G here. I've seen them out working on the cell towers nearby at least twice in the past month. I have the same 360 feeling of pressure, especially on my head, combined with the ears feeling blown mostly from the humming sound. We've also recently had smart meters installed here, which is when I noticed my "electrosensitivity". My daughter and I sleep under self made canopy of Naturell, which seems to alleviate most of my nighttime symptoms. But the installments of this technology seem to be happening awfully fast, and are definitely internationally coordinated (as evidenced by the smart meter technology hitting US and Europe within a couple of years of one another). And as far as the smart meters, they are pushing them as "mandatory", and once you've got them, it's nearly impossible to get them removed. I've never experienced this with the public utilities agencies before, they are usually very accommodating, especially with the ill/elderly/etc. So those factors definitely push my mind to those "experimental" places....

ME
# Posted: 4 Nov 2012 18:19

Smart Grid World Summit set for London

Smart Grid Conference to be held in London, 27-28 November 2012 is billed as the 'Smart Grid World Summit'. The conference is organized by Consumer & Media Intelligence, Ltd. (http://www.smartgridworldconference.com/index.html)

ME

ME
# Posted: 4 Nov 2012 21:51

Is there anyone who knows modulations are being used by the 4G?
What low frequencies are being added?

ME

Mke
# Posted: 13 Dec 2012 12:16

@Mike

Please tell which YShield canopy you bought—i have their catalogue and samples. There are two shapes (for single beds) and four fabrics.

Thanks,
Shiwa

Hi Shiwa,

sorry for the late reply. The canopy I bought was made from the New Daylite fabric and it has the single bed pyramidal shape.

Thanks,

Mike

Shiwa
# Posted: 18 Feb 2013 11:45 - Edited by: Shiwa

Thanks Mike for your answer.

Now to quote myself on mistakes made earlier in this thread:

[QUOTE]

Regarding aluminized space-blankets, mylar and polyester ones are very noisy; there are a bit more expensive polyethelene ones which are very quiet (have slept in the emergency bivvy: need to wear raingear due to condensation!). The ones that i know of are http://www.adventuremedicalkits.com/products.php?catname=Shelter&cat=53 .

My tests indicate total attenuation of RF (mostly from celltowers) when an HF-meter is surrounded by a space-blanket, but i get some RF through Naturell fabric.

[UNQUOTE]

The polyethylene ones don't stop any RF in my experience. The mylar and polyester ones are translucent and let some through. Sorry should i have mislead anyone.

I'm off to the naughty step.

agnes
# Posted: 19 Feb 2013 01:05

ME.
I will ask Henrik to answer here your question about the modulations used in 4G.
I asked him about 4G the other day, and he told me that 4G is really just is a "Tarted Up 3G", but that because they had cut out the Talk bit, and now instead send that over a Skype like facility, they were able to use a lower (I think) frequency for the downloads and broadband they are so desperate to get on the market, which might explane why suddely we all had to buy new TV´s or converters to same, because Ofcom and the Government wanted to auction off our old TV frequency for use for 4G.
He also told me 4G has a wider/longer reach, so do not need as many masts as 3G did.
But I´ll ask him to give a recipe on 4G here.
Best regards.
Agnes

lightdancing
# Posted: 19 Feb 2013 21:08

Mike said: "Even though the levels of electrosmog appear to be a lot less in this place, the sleeplesness persists. I still take my melatonin pills, but no use. I do get a good night sleep with them at my folk's place at the (highly electro polluted) city centre, but they don't help me in the country side. How is that possible? "

There are also other possibilities - perhaps EMF's do not play a part in your insomnia. Or perhaps there is another source of EMF's but you are not aware of it. Geopathic stress is one of them. the following is a link for an add, but the beginning of the ad explains nicely what geopathic stress is.

URL

Here is a list of signs that suggest geopathic stress could be responsible for symptoms:

URL

That list mentions dowsing. You can also try dowsing yourself, rather than getting a professional out to your home. Here is a link from a Feng Shui site that tells how to dowse for geopathic stress

[url=http://fengshui.about.com/od/faq/qt/How-To-Use-Dowsing-for-House-Feng-Shui.htm]

Like you, I am interested in canopies too, but am leary of them as well, having become more electrically sensitive when I slept on a grounded sheet.

may
# Posted: 22 Feb 2013 22:45

Can a grounded canopy help to reduce magnetic field from AC wiring on the wall? If it doesn't; what shielding can used ? How much reduction of electric field should one expect from the canopy grounded or non-grounded? What determines whether the canopy needed to be grounded or not?

I am very confused by all this; my bedroom is small I can't relocate the bed; the bed headrest is against the wall where there is a main socket; I haven't any meter to test anything.

The primary school at 3 houses away opposite my house; they have 2 mobile base stations, and 4G is everywhere in London these days, what are the differences of phone mast & base station in terms of demaging effect ?

How effective is wearing shielding garment such as a shirt made with naturelle; does it not attract RF or emf to the body?

If RF can penetrate via very small gaps, I don't understand the logics of wearing shielding garments or just shielding one side of the wall whether the RF source come from?

Thanks in advance for any guidance!

May

Volker
# Posted: 26 Feb 2013 12:04

Dear May,

A grounded canopy does not help to reduce magnetic fields.
A grounded canopy or any other kind of electrically conductive material that is grounded shields the electrical fields only.
Magnetic fields are very difficult to shield.
How much reduction of electric field should one expect from the canopy grounded or non-grounded? - No grounding - no shielding. Quite the contrary. If the fabric touches the main socket, the electrical fields will spread over the entire canopy and worsen the situation. The only way of avoiding this is to ground the canopy or the relocate the bed (which you are obviously not able to). Or, as a last action you could ask an electrician to shut down (cripple) the socket.

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . 4 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
You can post anonymously by entering a nickname with no password (if that nickname has not been taken by another member) or by leaving both fields empty. If you have an account you can also log in from this page without posting a message.

These forums are running on easy forum software miniBB™ © 2001-2019