- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -
www.mast-victims.org forum / Health / "Is Wi-Fi Frying Our Brains" - Alisdair Phillips in the Daily Mail, 30/11
ericgeneric
# Posted: 30 Nov 2010 16:22

A full-page article in today's Mail, following on from a brief piece in last week's paper about a Dutch report on the harmful effects of EMRs upon nature.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1334291/Is-Wi-Fi-frying-brains-Fears-c loud-electrosmog-harm-humans.html

There is a sense that anything written about wi-fi/EMR risk has to feature a caveat at the end of some kind, to temper the "truth" and appease the media who are anxious not to alienate telecom funding through advertising and so on. This latest article sadly falls into such a category.

I appreciate and expect that Alisdair has to struggle against the attitudes and demands of the print media, and probably has to tone down the arguments against this lethal technology with various "although not completely proven/disproven" statements. There is no doubt a major newspaper would not print the unadulterated reality of the situation, or the degree of deceit taking place between governments, science bodies and the like. However, it ends up undermining some really strong points and effectively gives an "I'm alright Jack" tone to what he recommends.

It's all very well moving out to the middle of nowhere, IF you are able to (ie no serious health, disability or monetary issues), but more importantly ASSUMING that the Government do not bring in COMPLETE wi-fi coverage to EVERY part of Britain, even the most isolated places. This is effectively his only recommendation for protection against toxic wi-fi saturation. What about a Plan B? What else can people reasonably be expected to do when - as he quite candidly admits - NOBODY in power is going to help or stop this from snowballing out of control?

Some quite startling information which is new to me included the shocking revelation that schools which resist wi-fi installation in classrooms have been threatened with removal of funding! This is scandalous, yet is quickly brushed over in the article to reinforce the fact that the public have no way of fighting this injustice.

Another chink of light - stories of telecom firms being refused insurance cover for any EMR related claims by customers - explains the wilful arrogance of the industry to plough on with this madness. Quite simply, they have no alternative because once the lid is lifted on the health time-bomb being created, they will be financially crippled by any damages payouts and would surely go out of business.

The other positive aspect of this article was the link between premature dementia and EMR/wi-fi exposure (something which I've been banging on about for a while). It was good to see actual documented concerns and discussion about this link. The continual media focus on Alzheimer's was clearly borne from the concerns Alisdair mentions.

Raising awareness is always welcome, although it would have been nice if the distinction between older mobiles and the new heavy-hitting smartphones had been made. Smartphones are going to do the real damage, and are why all these ultra-powerful masts are going up everywhere. Simple mobile phone usage did not require saturation coverage of the levels and strengths we are now experiencing.

People no longer just switch their phones on to make a call or send a text...they're using them as an extension of every fact in modern life. You will quite often see two people in a cafe, each with smartphone pointing at the other person while they compare pictures, share information on the phones, or idly browse twitter, facebook, websites etc. This is a totally new way of mobile phone usage.

EG.

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 1 Dec 2010 11:44

ericgeneric,

Speaking of "plan B" I noticed one subtle hint in the Danish electronics industry media two days ago.
3G operators are losing money even though they say the demand for 3G data traffic has doubled. To meet the demands and try to recoup expenses they will upgrade their infrastructure to LTE (often termed 4G, kindof like 3G + acid) ahead of schedule. They say they can't recoup the original 3G investments without this upgrade, because of price pressure and the cost of frequency band licencing payed to greedy Governments.

TDC, the incumbent telecom in Denmark, claims they are forced to provide every mast with fiber-optic cabling because the copper lines that are currently used to transmit data from masts to the operators headquarters aren't fast enough to cope with the rise in demand.
But that is a curious claim because most masts are connected in a so-called point-to-point chain. Those little disks that sit on masts alongside the oblong transmitter panels make up the point-to-point network. They send intense and very directional beams between the previous and next mast in the chain.
If the point-to-point network between masts is on the blink due to this alleged unexpected demand then I get the fiber-optic thing but otherwise I suspect that this need to dig fiber-optic cables to every mast site in Denmark is a stealthy way of creating a replacement (or at least alternative) to broadband via full-coverage wireless masts. Once the backbone fiber-optic has been dug into the ground and routed to a location, it's easy to distribute the "last mile" connection to your home.
At some point the outdoor masts will have to go. It's just a matter of time. Then it will become a matter of personal choice whether you want to be engulfed in wireless radiation via femtocells in your house. If the telcoms pay for the fiber-optic network then they have a fallback plan for providing broadband when the mast are ordered down.
Make people think they take part in a (rigged) decision and they feel they can't complain. It's pure Repacholian methods.
Just some thoughts :-)

ericgeneric
# Posted: 1 Dec 2010 18:45

Henrik, sounds like very interesting developments in Denmark. From everything I've read over the last 2 or 3 years, this technology appears to be essentially flawed and within the industry some have long recognised this.

If the point-to-point method is unreliable, that would explain why they feel the need to continually increase the output and strength of the beams. The gadgets that require sophisticated 3G and WiFi signal, way beyond that of an older mobile phone, must be putting a huge demand on the networks, with the result that a lot of people STILL complain of unreliable coverage. The operators' answer appears to be "right, we'll make it stronger and add more masts". For all their apparent untouchability and huge profits running to billions per year, they still don't seem able to provide the service for which they have created an unhealthy (literallly) demand.

Of course, that demand, and this kind of blanket turbo wi-fi should never have been created or allowed to get this crazy, but seems they've opened Pandora's Box and - if they have no insurance policy in place - they are committed to this madness until someone has the guts to stop them.

EG.

ericgeneric
# Posted: 3 Dec 2010 18:51

The Daily Mail website has yet to publish my comment under the article. Could be a delay due to the "adverse weather conditions" that bring this country to a halt, or maybe as all comments have to be moderated mine has simply been refused.

EG.

ericgeneric
# Posted: 6 Dec 2010 13:19

They have now closed the article for comments, without publishing mine or answering my email asking why my opinion has been rejected. It's the second time in a row this has happened with a Wi-Fi/Mobile Phone/EMR article. Clearly, censorship is alive and well.

EG.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
You can post anonymously by entering a nickname with no password (if that nickname has not been taken by another member) or by leaving both fields empty. If you have an account you can also log in from this page without posting a message.

These forums are running on open source forum script miniBB™ © 2001-2024