- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -
www.mast-victims.org forum / Health / Written Declaration on recognition of Multiple ChemicalSensitivity(MCS) and Electrohypersensitivity
Constituent
# Posted: 14 Jun 2012 13:06

Sent: 04 June 2012 11:55 To: MARTIN David
Subject: Letter from your Constituent
This message was also sent to: Struan Stevenson MEP,
Catherine Stihler MEP,
Ian Hudghton MEP,
Alyn Smith MEP,
George Lyon MEP

Monday 4 June 2012
Dear Alyn Smith, Struan Stevenson, George Lyon, David Martin, Catherine Stihler and Ian Hudghton,
Subject: Written Declaration on recognition of Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS) and Electrohypersensitivity (EHS) in the ICD(0014/2012)
I am writing to you because the survival of between 2-10% of the population relies on your support.
A Declaration has been proposed by five of your fellow MEPs to include MCS and EHS in the International Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems.
Can I please ask you to whole heartedly pledge your support so that a growing number of people (estimated between 2-10% of the population) who are severely affected by EMR (Electromagnetic Radiation) can be afforded some care and protection at a time when they are becoming increasingly ill and in addition outcasts from society?
Currently, sufferers are fighting two battles - to manage their many disabling symptoms and to contend with the cynicism and disbelief ofemployers, medical professionals, family, friends, the media and society in general.
The level of ignorance of these conditions is probably closest to that experienced by the first sufferers of ME/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
It is hard enough to cope with chronic ill health but when you lose your job, income, security and even friendships it is crippling.
It is ironic that regulators can spot the potential interference to TVs from the introduction of 4G, and call for filters to be used but remain blind to the 'interference' electromagneticfields are causing to human beings.
It is impossible to gain diagnosis and treatment in the UK, sufferers have to go abroad for treatment they can ill afford. Sufferers are unable to tolerate 'within HPA and ICNIRP guidelines levels' of EMF's, whilst the WHO
has classified EMR as a Class 2B carcinogen. Whilst the HPA and ICNIRP guidelines are based on exposure to single devices, no one has yet studied the effects of thousands of devices combined.
Consider the effects on a human being, of tens of thousands of mobile phones, cordless phones wifi hubs, masts etc in a town; or 50,000 mobile phones in a sports stadium for example.
I moved to a rural rental property to try to escape mobile coverage and neighbours' wi-fi but other challenges emerged over which I have no control: military aircraft using ground radar, (which they have to switch of when they land at the air base because of the exposure dangers to the ground crew), BT open zone wifi hotspots (which now number over 3.2 million).
What will those who are suffering from the effects of EMT do when smart meters (with a single radius of several tens or houndreds of metres) and 4G with increased coverage of up to 60km through wi-max) are introduced?
The promise by the government to leave no corner of the UK uncovered by a EM signals may be the death knell for many people.
Can we really expose millions of people to this EMR on the so say of'experts' who all nearly have a vested interest; only to find out in 10 years time that they were wrong and ourselves, and our children, are debilitated because like the lessons learned from the tobacco andasbestos industries we didn't as a society take sensible precautions and instead put money before health.
In the meantime, I cannot go anywhere for any length of time where there are large groups of people as they nearly all carry mobile phones and the whole environment is saturated with wifi.(Iphones are especially bad as the phones are used as masts to relay signals in areas with weaker reception).
That means health centres,hospitals,public transport, banks, pubs, restaurants, airports, social venues.
Symptoms comprise concurrent headaches, sleeplessness, dizziness, an increasing number of viral infections from having a deficient immune system; (independent scientists have proved that EMR attacks the immune system,) chronic fatigue, pins and needles, heart palpitations, digestive disorders, tinnitus, chest tightness, teeth pain etc. Not easy symptoms to live with.
These have worsened in many people after the switch from the analogue to the new pulsing digital signal and the exponential increase over the last 10 years of EMR levels in society.
To an outsider, it is hard to understand this maelstrom of symptoms but it makes perfect sense when you learn that frequency interference is disrupting our own cell signalling system, causing calcium membraneleakage, changing proteins and chemical balances, enabling toxic materials in the bloodstream to break through the blood brain barrier
and setting up false signals to the brain.
The supermarkets are absolutely full of electrosmog with many staff complaining of similar symptoms but unaware of the link beteeen EMR exposure and symptoms.
From the information I have researched and is freely available, it is clear to those who are 'informed' that from the evidence (continuously denied by those with vested interests) that we are sitting on a'time-bomb' of illness which is going to cause financial devastation to the economy and ruin the lives of huge numbers of people, most of whom are unaware of the reasons for their symptoms.
It is no secret that microwave technology developed from radar and has been used by the military in many countries as a remote target weapon.
The UK government used it at Greenham Common, the Russians on the US Embassy in Moscow.
The New Scientist reported in 2008 on MEDUSA, a microwave ray gun for crowd control, which exploits the microwave auditory effect in which short microwave pulses rapidly heat tissue causing a shock-wave inside the skull that can be detected by the ears.
Tinnitus is the effect increasing numbers of people are experiencing whenever they encounter EMR.
Recognition of this condition has to happen; or more and more EU citizens will watch the gradual disintegration of everything that makes life worth living.
Please, I urge you, sign this declaration so that there can be somehope for a future.
Not just for myself but for the millions of people across the EU and the Globe that are having to suffer this horrific condition while most politicians, doctors and the rest of society carry on in ignorance of what is happening to all of us as a result of this technology.
Yours sincerely
Your Constituent.
(Signed with an electronic signature in accordance with subsection 7(3)of the Electronic Communications Act 2000.)

MEP
# Posted: 14 Jun 2012 13:07

On Tue, 12/6/12, MARTIN David <david.martin@europarl.europa.eu> wrote:
Subject: RE: Letter from your constituent

Date: Tuesday, 12 June, 2012, 10:53
Dear Mr ......,
Thank you for writing to me regarding Multiple Chemical Sensitivity(MCS) and Electrohypersensitivity (EHS),
and the current written declaration in the European Parliament.
My colleague Glenis Willmott, spokesperson for Labour MEPs on health,has consulted with a number of groups
on this matter, including the European Public Health Alliance, the Health and Environment Alliance and the
NHS, as well as taking on board the advice of the World Health Organisation.
The EU has some of the toughest legislation in the world on bothchemicals and electromagnetic fields.
Of course, for those who feel afflicted by extremely low levels of electromagnetic or chemicalexposure, these
strict laws offer little protection.
What is clear is that people suffering from MCS and EHS are genuinely suffering from symptoms such as headaches,
tiredness, tinnitus, nausea, dizziness, memory loss, irregular heart beat,and skin reactions.
These symptoms can range from mild to debilitating, and need to be addressed medically.
What is still not clear is what exactly is causing these symptoms.
Many studies have been carried out exploring the relationship between thes ymptoms of people suffering from EHS
and electromagnetic fields, but it has not been possible to find a scientific link.
The same is true of clinical trials investigating the link between MCS and different chemicals.
The NHS have informed us that as the current scientific evidence does not back up the claimed definition of
the conditions, they do not support the written declaration or the principle of classifying EHS or
MCS as diseases or disabilities in the UK.
From the WHO's advice it is clear that they are a long way off from including EHS or MCS in theInternational
Classification of Diseases.
In this situation Labour MEPs feel that the best way forward is to call for more research into both Multiple
Chemical Sensitivity and Electrohypersensitivity.
It is only once we truly understand the causes of these conditions that we will be able to provide meaningful
support and treatment to those suffering.
Glenis Willmott has submitted a Parliamentary Question to the European Commission to ask what research they
have planned into the conditions, and what European funding will beavailable in the future.
This follows on from a question submitted by another colleague, Claude Moraes MEP, in 2008.
I have attached a copy of the question and will let you know once we receive a reply.
Thank you for writing to me on this important topic.
Best wishes,David
David Martin MEP Labour MEP for ScotlandT
bxl +32 2 284 55 39F
bxl +32 2 284 95 39T stras
+33 3 88 17 55 39
Blog: www.blogmartinmep.eu Facebook:
www.facebook.com/DavidMartinMEP
Twitter: www.twitter.com/DavidMartinMEP
Unsure who to contact?
See http://www.writetothem.com/about-yourrep

agnes
# Posted: 14 Jun 2012 13:10

FYI: Quote!
"The NHS have informed us that as the current scientific evidence doesnot back up the claimed definition
of the conditions, they do notsupport the written declaration or the principle of classifying EHS or MCS as diseases or disabilities in the UK."

At least that let's know where we stand!

eric generic
# Posted: 14 Jun 2012 19:24

The NHS need to be reminded that our Government, all party leaders in fact, signed the latest version of the UN Disability Treaty only a couple of years ago, which recognises ES/EHS/MCS as genuine disabilities.

They've got away with too much for too long.

EG.

agnes
# Posted: 15 Jun 2012 01:28

eric.
Give us a link please.
Agnes

agnes
# Posted: 15 Jun 2012 01:43

More MEP´s answers!

-- On Thu, 14/6/12, SMITH Alyn <alyn.smith@europarl.europa.eu> wrote:
Subject: RE: Letter from your constituent
Date: Thursday, 14 June, 2012, 18:13

Dear Mr. .......
Thank you for getting in touch. While I have every sympathy for the concerns you raise, I am afraid I will not be signing the Written
Declaration as I am neither qualified nor empowered to do so.

Health policy is very much not a matter for the EU, and it is my firm
view that Written Declarations such as this one add no value to public
debate and often actually confuse matters. I trust in the relevant
national authorities and their best efforts and good faith, and can see
no benefit to the European Parliament becoming involved at all.

Yours aye
Alyn Smith MEP

eric generic
# Posted: 15 Jun 2012 03:27

Well thanks Mr Alyn Smith, for being a waste of space and wrongly putting faith in those who should actually be rigourously and fairly challenged and monitored. Dear me, what a shower. No wonder the telecom people are laughing, with attitudes like that.

I shall find the relevant UN Disability Treaty link tomorrow. There is whole section devoted to the very issue we are facing. If nobody will abide by it, why on earth was it drawn up and signed by all leading politicians?!

EG.

eric generic
# Posted: 15 Jun 2012 17:51

This is the site for the UN Covention on the rights of persons with disabilities:

URL

and this is the 37-page full PDF file of the convention, in English:

URL

EG.

alex
# Posted: 17 Jun 2012 12:24

EG,

Do you know if Ireland is a signatory to this convention ? How could I find out ?

Like turkeys voting for Christmas some politicians have shares in the only growth industry in town - so they are certainly not going to jeopardise their income by voting on anything which will hasten the day of the industry's demise.

eric generic
# Posted: 18 Jun 2012 00:17

Alex,

According to this list, Ireland signed the main convention in 2007.

URL

EG.

eric generic
# Posted: 18 Jun 2012 12:19

We have a signatory! My letter to our Green Party representative in the EU Parliament not only got an excellent and sympathetic reply, but they signed it immediately. Seems the Greens are extremely concerned about the issue of wi-fi, and fully back this Declaration. Politicians take a bashing here, not least from me, but credit where it's due. I am pleasantly surprised. For now at least, there isn't a wholesale whitewash across all parties to bury this issue.

EG.

agnes
# Posted: 19 Jun 2012 03:03

Eric.
Thank you for the link, but, the UK (and most other countries) do not reconnise EHS as a disability, and as long as they do not, we have got no further I am sorry to say.
So we have to work harder.
One thing though, which I do not know if you are aware of, is that the TUC goes with Anything the IARC and WHO have marked as "Possibly carcinogenic", and ES/EHS has got that marking now, so someone in the Union might want to try that out.
Agnes

agnes
# Posted: 19 Jun 2012 03:05

To Alex.[i][/i]

Please e-mail me, I have something I need to tell you, and I need you to get in contact with me as we (Mast-victims.org) keep no records of people who use this site.
agnes@mast-victims.org

eric generic
# Posted: 19 Jun 2012 03:29

Thank you for the link, but, the UK (and most other countries) do not reconnise EHS as a disability, and as long as they do not, we have got no further I am sorry to say.

Whether they recognise it (yet) or not, the legislation is sitting there ready to be used, much like the TUC who have indeed begun to make noises in terms of wanting protection against this possibly carcinogenic technology.

EG.

alex
# Posted: 19 Jun 2012 10:41

Eric,

Thanks for the info - very helpful

alex

alex
# Posted: 19 Jun 2012 10:43

Agnes,

I tried and failed to email you before. I'll try again now,

alex

alex
# Posted: 26 Jun 2012 02:45

Only 188 out of approximately 750 MEPs signed the declaration. Shows how much they care about us.

another Lab. MEP reply
# Posted: 26 Jun 2012 17:15

I got the same Labour response.
Just two of the labour MEPs replied that they would sign the declaration.

19 June 2012

Dear .....................

Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding Multiple Chemical
Sensitivity (MCS) and Electrohypersensitivity (EHS) and the current written
declaration in the European Parliament.

My colleague Glenis Willmott, spokesperson for Labour Euro MPs on health,
has consulted with a number of groups on this matter, including the European
Public Health Alliance, the Health and Environment Alliance and the NHS, as
well as taking on board the advice of the World Health Organisation.

The EU has some of the toughest legislation in the world on both chemicals
and electromagnetic fields. Of course, for those who feel afflicted by
extremely low levels of electromagnetic or chemical exposure, these strict
laws offer little protection.

What is clear is that people suffering from MCS and EHS are genuinely
suffering from symptoms such as headaches, tiredness, tinnitus, nausea,
dizziness, memory loss, irregular heartbeat, and skin reactions. These
symptoms can range from mild to debilitating and need to be addressed
medically.

What is still not clear is what exactly is causing these symptoms. Many
studies have been carried out exploring the relationship between the
symptoms of people suffering from EHS and electromagnetic fields, but it has
not been possible to find a scientific link. The same is true of clinical
trials investigating the link between MCS and different chemicals.

The NHS have informed us that as the current scientific evidence does not
back up the claimed definition of the conditions, they do not support the
written declaration or the principle of classifying EHS or MCS as diseases
or disabilities in the UK. From the WHO's advice it is clear that they are a
long way off from including EHS or MCS in the International Classification
of Diseases.

In this situation Labour Euro MPs feel that the best way forward is to call
for more research into both Multiple Chemical Sensitivity and
Electrohypersensitivity. It is only once we truly understand the causes of
these conditions that we will be able to provide meaningful support and
treatment to those suffering.

Glenis Willmott has submitted a Parliamentary Question to the European
Commission to ask what research they have planned into the conditions, and
what European funding will be available in the future and I have attached a
copy of the question for your information.

Thank you for writing to me on this important topic.

Best wishes

Arlene McCarthy
Member of the European Parliament

eric generic
# Posted: 26 Jun 2012 20:37

This makes the Green Party's very helpful and positive response all the more impressive. They have clearly decided to take a different attitude to their Labour and Conservative counterparts.

EG.

RATMAN
# Posted: 17 Jul 2014 20:05

i have mcs any news since 2012 how many people have it in GB

agnes
# Posted: 18 Jul 2014 02:36

RATMAN.
As "Scentists" (read Shrinks) Mr. Simon Wesseley and Mr. Rubin have the opinion that Wireless Microwave poisoning is only ALL IN YOUR MIND, and it is because we have a secret wish to be "Closet Hermits" and live out of the civil society, and not to forget that it is Mr. Wesseleys wife (all Not at not compremised "of course" even though they have links to the Insurance Industry, which will be really hurt when the SH.. hits the fan and payouts begin, like it did with Asbestos) but, who decide what UK GP´s are allowed to count as a sickness or disability (even an Environmental disaster as the Wireless Microwave Radiation poisoning) So, NO ONE IS COUNTING![u][/u]

And this is the closed circle, you could call it a kind of the UK´s "Alternative Ruling Family" as this little closed group are the only ones who advice the HPA, and the Government.

Just imagine, a country like the "United Kingdom" one of the worlds largest economies who´s population´s health and wellbeeing is governed by 3 Shrinks!

But from correspondance to us, and the following of this website as well as the other UK based ones, local, national and international I would guess. Professor Olle Johansens (Karolinska Institut in Sweden as well as other
Independent (of Industry Interests) Real Medical and biological scientists who put a guess of at least 9-10% of any given "Developed world population" is about right, and the numbers are rising by the day.

So, you are NOT ALONE!

A number this big of ANY other condition would immidiately fall under the WHO´s Epidemy catagory!
Best regards.
Agnes

tilly
# Posted: 19 Jul 2014 11:34

Hi since checking over paper work and some links I provided here I have noticed that a really important one has now been archived in the UK Government Web Archives.
When I initially provided it in Feb 2014 it was not so why the change ?
Anyway here it is again.

www.legmp.org.uk

It is the beginning of health studies by the Government in 1999 on the effects of masts and mobile phones and RF.
So many departments; so many people involved in the studies ; many academics and scientists with plenty to say.
However you can't have a study without a subject !
So where are the views of the subjects; the public guinea pigs ? There are very few because the majority were kept in the dark.
The NHS were supposed to compile evidence of related sickness in the population which they refused to do - that still stands today !
I'm sure this is why I can't get a meeting or an investigation into my complaint with the Chief Executive of NHS GRAMPIAN.

The studies have proven to be biased and unbalanced, qualities that are recognised in many mentality's of those issuing their scientific or psychological 'tripe' !

Anonymous
# Posted: 19 Jul 2014 21:46

tilly the link does not work

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 20 Jul 2014 00:33

Anonymous, tilly,

If it was the iegmp you were referring to, the page has been archived, here:
http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20101011032547/http://www.iegmp.org.uk/

Anonymous
# Posted: 20 Jul 2014 12:50

Thanks Henrik for the full link.

Shaz
# Posted: 5 Mar 2016 10:58

Hello, I hope I am in the right place for advice on what to do next and who to contact. I work for a department of IT in one of Londons leading hospitals, I am bombarded on a daily basis with high levels of rf as a result of an ascom cordless phone charging device (which holds 6 phones) situated on the desk beside me. I feel the effects usually an hour after I arrive at my desk. I want it removed. I am seriously concerned about this and need to address the issue as soon as possible, I have been researching this for the past two months. Can someone please direct me as to who or what my next step should be in tackling the issue? What kind of evidence do I need? Will it even be taken seriously?

Anonymous
# Posted: 9 Mar 2016 16:40

Shaz, possible contacts and info to look up:
Dr. Erika Mullery-Blythe, Powerwatch, SSITA, ES.UK. Agnes knows a lot more than me!

Anonymous
# Posted: 9 Mar 2016 16:41

Also The Freiburger Appeal 2012 by German doctors

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
You can post anonymously by entering a nickname with no password (if that nickname has not been taken by another member) or by leaving both fields empty. If you have an account you can also log in from this page without posting a message.

These forums are running on light forum script miniBB™ © 2001-2024