- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -
www.mast-victims.org forum / Health / EON 'Smart' Meter trial - Manchester and Lancashire
Lancs
# Posted: 14 Jul 2012 20:26

10 months ago, I informed E.ON that i did not wish to have a smart meter fitted for electricity/ gas. I received no reply.

Last week, I received a letter from E.ON saying that they were installing smart meters in the area soon, and would i like to contact them about it.
I did, to refuse it and to complain that they were ignoring the health effects of the radiation.

I was very annoyed that they ignored the letter and that they then sent out their telecoms disinformation - despite me telling them that i am electrosensitive and how that affects me.

They told me it is a 'trial' being cerried out in Manchester and Lancashire.
I asked what they were going to do to shield my home - no response.
I asked that they install wired meters in neighbouring homes - no response.

I have since received a letter saying that they 'will not force me' to have a 'smart' meter.

EHS victims in Manchester and Lancashire = Beware!

Incidentally, I suspect that there may already people around us with smart meters - I am getting a 'blip' once every 4 seconds on the Acoustimeter.
That is 15 blips per minute ... 24/7/365

ES
# Posted: 16 Jul 2012 18:38

Electrosensitivity UK
Look here for information on the adverse effects of smart meters
http://www.es-uk.info/

eric generic
# Posted: 17 Jul 2012 00:35

The sick irony of those energy companies' huge billboard adverts about "Wanting To Look After You" and similar touchy-feely, we-care-about-people nonsense.

And the even sicker irony that Cancer Research UK are in bed with these companies, encouraging them to roll out smart meter technology across the country with their own advertising campaign.

Insane, twisted times we live in.

EG.

ann
# Posted: 26 Sep 2012 17:25

Eric,
I sometimes look at the websites of health charities and I am always amazed at the influence pharmaceutical companies have on these charities.
Often a person can get better by carrying out sensible avoidance measures for improved health - as in allergies - avoiding the allergen!
But do you think they will advise this? No you keep taking your medication because 'generally removing the allergen does not help'!
I spent 5 years writing a book on dust avoidance for the improvement of asthma and even though I was in contact with one charity once I finished the book they did not want to know.
Charities are in with the pharma companies because they give them donations and probably feed their CEOs well!
Twisted times indeed!

StopSmartMeters !
# Posted: 16 Dec 2012 19:00

Hello everyone,

I you would like any information on Smart Meters, we have a campaign and website at www.StopSmartMeters.org.uk and a notice of Non-Consent form at www.DontSmartMeter.me

You have the lawful right to refuse a Smart Meter, but there is serious misinformation being pushed out there. Sadly, most people are totally unaware of Smart Meter technology. We have leaflets that you can download and print to give to neighbours and friends which we very much do recommend for avoiding neighbouring signals.

Best wishes,

Stop Smart Meters! UK

ericgeneric
# Posted: 19 Dec 2012 14:02

You have the lawful right to refuse a Smart Meter, but there is serious misinformation being pushed out there.

Everyone should definitely sign the SSM petition and contact their energy supplier. There is indeed no law forcing us to have one.

As for the upcoming Water Meters rollout, which will operate using the same technology, this is what one supplier had to say:

"We acknowledge your concerns..[ ]...and would like to advise you that water meters are normally installed at the boundary in the highway and as such any automatic meter reading devices would not be harmful to health..[ ]..we will review the matter closer to the time and if necessary consider installing a water meter without electronic devices".

So, at present Water Meters are not compulsory - DEFRA are apprently the people behind the Customer Metering Programme itself - and despite the lack of understanding this technology (even if these are installed a few yards outside in the road, the range will be close enough to cause problems), they have not fully committed to enforcing these meters and most will not be installed before 2019.

EG.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
You can post anonymously by entering a nickname with no password (if that nickname has not been taken by another member) or by leaving both fields empty. If you have an account you can also log in from this page without posting a message.

These forums are running on web forum software miniBB™ © 2001-2024