- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -
www.mast-victims.org forum / Technical / my new CAR is emitting a signal EVEN WITH BATTERY DISCONNECTED!!!
asurisuk
# Posted: 22 Aug 2018 17:03

my new 2017 Suzuki Celerio is torturing me!!

I can just about cope with this for an hour or so when I'm driving, but whatever it is that's bothering me is still there even when the ignition is off. This means that I can no longer park the car in the garage and can feel it 20 metres away!!

But the thing that's really freaking me out is that its still there EVEN WHEN I DISCONNECT THE BATTERY, negative and positive.

It does not have the tire pressure monitoring valves (TPMS) which I know have their own batteries and emit a RF signal. A Suzuki technician has insisted that the model I have (which is the most basic, it does not even have remote central locking) does not have anything that works independently of the main battery.

BUT THERE IS SOMETHING!!! And its not just a bit of incidental, stray voltage.

please please I hope someone can help, as I am beginning to doubt my sanity!

thanks, jane

(NB: I was absolutely fine with my last car a 2001 Nissan Micra, even though it had an immobiliser)

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 23 Aug 2018 23:27

asurisuk,

Have you verified the field with a measuring device? If yes, which type/model and what readings are you getting?

Radial tires give off a magnetic field. Perhaps that's it?
Some garages can degauss radial tires.

horsevad
# Posted: 26 Aug 2018 23:45

my new 2017 Suzuki Celerio is torturing me!!

I can just about cope with this for an hour or so when I'm driving, but whatever it is that's bothering me is still there even when the ignition is off. This means that I can no longer park the car in the garage and can feel it 20 metres away!!

But the thing that's really freaking me out is that its still there EVEN WHEN I DISCONNECT THE BATTERY, negative and positive.

It does not have the tire pressure monitoring valves (TPMS) which I know have their own batteries and emit a RF signal. A Suzuki technician has insisted that the model I have (which is the most basic, it does not even have remote central locking) does not have anything that works independently of the main battery.

BUT THERE IS SOMETHING!!! And its not just a bit of incidental, stray voltage.

please please I hope someone can help, as I am beginning to doubt my sanity!

thanks, jane

(NB: I was absolutely fine with my last car a 2001 Nissan Micra, even though it had an immobiliser)

New cars are often fitted with devices to communicate directly with manufacturer and emergency services through the cellular network. Some of this is mandated though EU legislation.

The car computer is not powered off just because you remove the ignition key. You need to remove the cable to the positive battery post.

BE AWARE that doing so may trigger anti-tamper devices in the car electronics rendering the car inoperable.

(I prefer old diesels - they dont need any fancy electronics. As long as the get fuel and air the run fine - even if submerged!)

//Kim Horsevad

asurisuk
# Posted: 3 Sep 2018 18:01

thanks for the replies. I have a couple of basic measuring devices for RF and elec/mag fields.

but the thing here is that whatever is bothering me is also there when the battery is disconnected.

it is all very weird and I am doubting my own sanity!! I am def. going to have to sell the car, and try with an older one.

thanks

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
You can post anonymously by entering a nickname with no password (if that nickname has not been taken by another member) or by leaving both fields empty. If you have an account you can also log in from this page without posting a message.

These forums are running on PHP forum software miniBB™ © 2001-2024