- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -
www.mast-victims.org forum / General discussion / Mast interference causing household equipment to malfunction?
ericgeneric
# Posted: 2 May 2011 03:41 - Edited by: ericgeneric

This is becoming a real problem for us. We're used to the temperamental BT landline, PC freezes and so on...those have been going on for a couple of years or more. But now, the DVD, VCR and TV equipment is constantly going wrong.

An article on the news page here from a few weeks ago makes reference to Wireless EMRs being a problem with smart meter installations:

"New Critical Problem with 'Smart' Meters: The Switching-Mode Power Supply".

Now the part which really caught my eye was this: "...constant pulsing of high frequencies, in addition to the RF function, is causing not only interference with other electric and electronic equipment in many homes with smart meters installed, but also is causing havoc with biological systems in its field of exposure."

The biological havoc would cover the health effects that myself and my family have been experiencing, obviously, and ill-health from masts and EMRs is now commonly reported (if not recognised in all quarters). However, have the people responsible for all this technology, and the addition of ever-more powerful and intrusive emissions, really taken into account what it does to electrical equipment? As the world becomes so reliant on computers and machines, this seems a very dangerous and risky game to be playing.

Anyway, I'd like to know what can be done to solve these equipment malfuctions in the home. The VCR is the worst affected, as is the DVD-Recorder...anything, it seems, that requires magnetic heads or laser mechanisms. The manuals of these machines even say to keep cellphones and EMRs away from them! Not sure what a 15m twin-antennae base station directly 100 yards away must be doing. They won't work properly anymore, that's for sure. We've replaced them all, sometimes two of three times in the past year, with the same results. Within days or weeks, they fail. Any new blank VHS tapes refuse to record successfully, right from the off, while older tapes eventually succumb as well.

The problem has become noticeably worse since the mast was reported to have a "fault", and a large team of workmen spent a whole day doing something to it (all the cases came off, with lots of bollards and signs keeping people away). They wouldn't say what exactly this "fault" might be, but for a week or so beforehand the patterns and levels of emissions had become very random (and, occasionally, merciflly weak at night). Since they worked on it, though, it's been relentless again and these issues with equipment have reached a tipping point.

I've written to Ofcom, since their decision to allow this powerful radiation into our home has created the situation, and I believe they ought to be told of the consequences upon household equipment and offer a solution. Does anyone else have suggestions (not too technical, please!).

EG.

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 3 May 2011 09:46

ericgeneric,

"Switch-mode" power supplies transform the power by "slicing" it with a high-frequency electronic switch. This, of course, produces high-frequency pulses that can feed back into the wiring. Most electronics devices have switch-mode power supplies these days such as DVD & CD players , flat-panel TV's & computer screens.

In Sam Milham's book "Dirty Electricity" he describes how he found that schools with basestations (masts) nearby have massive amounts of high-frequency transients radiating out of their electricity wiring. The basestations power supply generates tons of dirty electricity that then piggy-backs on the ordinary power supply wiring and into schools and homes. Dirty electricity is typically in the kilohertz range, kindof like shortwave radio. This is a problem on top of the microwave radiation.

One thing you can try is putting ferrite beads on the power cords of your electronics equipment. They should choke most of the noise. They shouldn't be expensive. Here's one place to get them in the UK:
http://www.maplin.co.uk/ferrite-rings-and-beads-32792
If you need to completely filter out the dirty electricity then Graham-Stetzer filters are the solution (I read) http://www.stetzerelectric.com/.

Here's an old BBC piece on using ferrite beads to block mobile-phone radiation from traveling up a headset wire:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4203077.stm
This article really shows how the industry has painted itself into a corner. Prof. Lawrie Challis calls for simple ferrite beads to be supplied with wired mobile headsets but the industry spokesman insists they are certified as safe and therefore no precautions are warranted. They can't even say: "we did this little extra, although we're sure it's useless, to make you feel better about irradiating your brain". That's how stuck they are.

ericgeneric
# Posted: 3 May 2011 12:42

Thankyou very much, Henrik! I shall get some of the ferrite beads for the cables...I already have a ferrite bead on the ADSL filter, so will look into buying as many of these as I can for all the various equipment. I had a feelng dirty electricity caused/aggravated by the mast might be a factor.

EG.

ericgeneric
# Posted: 3 May 2011 18:15

Henrik, which end of the power cord is it best to place the ferrite beads? Or does it not matter?

EG.

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 3 May 2011 22:09

ericgeneric,

opposite the plug, at the equipment end (closest to the built-in power supply)

ericgeneric
# Posted: 3 May 2011 22:42

Thankyou!

EG.

ericgeneric
# Posted: 15 Sep 2011 02:12

Just to update:

All machines now malfunction, including newer VCR, Telephone and Laptop. Brand new Sky Box already pixellating and dropping out. Videotapes rendered unwatchable on any machine (due to magnetic inteference from constant radaition into home, one assumes). Telephone resets itself at odd hours of the night, back to factory settings. Laptop optical drives repeatedly fail.

What are we supposed to do? This is unacceptable.

EG.

ericgeneric
# Posted: 15 Sep 2011 02:13

(Meant to add that ferrites have been tried on every possible piece of equipment).

EG.

charles
# Posted: 16 Sep 2011 10:46

Be aware thet the Stetzer filters only work from 5kHz up to ca. 150 kHz.
Bajog filters do filter up to 30 MHz.

I measure *dirty power* in our 230V mains with frequencies also between 3MHz up to 15Mhz and even higher.

I also measure these frequencies in the groundings.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
You can post anonymously by entering a nickname with no password (if that nickname has not been taken by another member) or by leaving both fields empty. If you have an account you can also log in from this page without posting a message.

These forums are running on chat forum software miniBB™ © 2001-2020