- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -
www.mast-victims.org forum / General discussion / Dr. Who - or Doctored WHO?
ericgeneric
# Posted: 30 Mar 2013 02:59 - Edited by: ericgeneric

"Interesting" concept behind the new Dr Who story. Subtext clearly that anything dangerous is purely sci-fi and the work of fictitious evil alien creatures.....so we're safe! No genuine danger from technology, hmm?

URL

The Bells of Saint John The bowtie-wearing Time Lord returns in eight new adventures following on from last year's series and the Christmas special. The Doctor finds himself in modern-day London in his search for Clara Oswald, the mysterious, souffle-baking woman who keeps dying. But there's a problem. Something dangerous is lurking in the city's wi-fi signals, uploading people's minds and imprisoning them - and among those targeted is none other than the woman he has travelled halfway across the galaxy to find.

...the show has been here before, several years ago with the story of the Cybermen taking control of humanity/society via the little bluetooth headsets people wear. Is it a subversive way for well-intentioned writers to warn of the perils, or a way of dismissing genuine issues with the technology, which are very real and not some crazed alien psycopath's doing? Does this kind of plot, using wi-fi or bluetooth in a popular, mainstream sci-fi/fantasy programme do more harm than good? Because the odds are surely that joe public will associate the bad side of this technology with a piece of fantasy, instead of the real-world problems it is causing to all of us, everyday of our lives?

EG.

ericgeneric
# Posted: 30 Mar 2013 22:49

I've expanded these thoughts in a new article on my blog:

URL

EG.

agnes
# Posted: 1 Apr 2013 02:22

Eric.
Very well said, and a very good observation
Agnes

ericgeneric
# Posted: 1 Apr 2013 02:26

Thankyou agnes.

Just been looking at that Guardian article, and the usual tidal wave of obnoxious trolls posting the same old pro-industry lies. Every time there's n article like this, hundreds and hundreds of these comments appear within minutes. It still makes my blood boil, even though I see right through their rubbish. I feel like wishing extremely bad things on scum like that.

EG.

ericgeneric
# Posted: 2 Apr 2013 14:15

How predictable....just as Eileen O'Connor enters the debate and puts some actual facts to the trolls, the article has been closed for any further comments. Every single time, the same thing.....article on EHS/Masts gets published, hundreds of vitriolic, hateful anti-EHS/pro-telecom posts swamp the site, and then as soon as real factual evidence is presented that EHS is real, and the lethal effects of microwave radiation is real...they shut down any further discussion.

The whole thing is a farce. In an age where homophic, racist and sexist attitudes are treated with zero tolerance, how come ES sufferers and anyone who says/feels this junk is bad for us, can be subjected to this sort of abuse?

EG.

agnes
# Posted: 3 Apr 2013 01:50

Hi eric.
If nothing else we do have One Consistant thing we can trust a 100%, (and that is rare in our modern society by now) The Industry Trolls, accountable as clockwork to try to intimidate whoever Dares to go against the Industrys comfort: $.
Need I say more??
But take comfort my friend, they Actually Pity Us, as they think we are missing out on great things this "technology brings to human kind"
So you would be quite safe in wishing all the bad things you wish on them, they would not even bat an eyelid, as both are closed in denials, instructed by their "Masters".
Remember they are hired Puppets!
Best regards.
Agnes

ericgeneric
# Posted: 3 Apr 2013 04:01

The fact that they do not stop abusing, even if the likes of Dr. Andrew Goldsworthy or Eileen O'Connor step in with the "evidence" they're shouting doesn't exist, shows their true colours.

"There is little interest in this from the public", my a**e! That's because the public are constantly lied to, misled, and never informed of ANY developments in how UNsafe this stuff is. I'm sorry but normal members of the public do not talk like that, and certainly do not troll an online discussion day and night, posting hundreds of pro-EMR lies. It was a complete stitch-up, as ever, like you say.

Tempted to run with the following twist on a well-known Oasis song for my Blog post:

"You gotta troll with it, don't ever be denied....you gotta say what you say, don't let anybody get in your way".

Which is precisely what they try to do every single time this subject comes up for even the remotest public discussion. Disgraceful. The irony, of course, is that the very accusations they're throwing our way - our time's up, we haven't a leg to stand on, the public don't care - are all quite patently untrue and actually aply to THEM and THEIR evil technology.

EG.

alex
# Posted: 3 Apr 2013 12:58

Hi Agnes and EG,

Using computer in moderation. After all the nice things you said about me I couldn't stay away.

Re the comments on the Guardian article by the gang of paid trolls - it would be stooping to their level to suggest that they are a bunch of sad tossers whose lives are so pathetic that they have sunk to being paid to ridicule and attack ill people - so I won't say this.

Their comments and their behaviour says it all. The tsunami of remarks, as you've both said, deliberately designed to block any intelligent discussion and wear down the public with non-stop stupid, boring and hostile comments may have back-fired. People are not as thick as the Industry would like to think.

Agnes, both you and Eileen O'Connor got your point across, and amid all the hostile nonsense the truth, the real truth - finally had the last word.

Well done.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
You can post anonymously by entering a nickname with no password (if that nickname has not been taken by another member) or by leaving both fields empty. If you have an account you can also log in from this page without posting a message.

These forums are running on web forum software miniBB™ © 2001-2024