- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -
www.mast-victims.org forum / Health / Irish microwave water meter roll-out
alex
# Posted: 25 Oct 2013 12:02

'Irish water' the new semi-state company set up to install water meters across Ireland is insisting that because they run on a 15 year battery they are safe.

Can anyone enlighten me as to the truth of this ?

My local council said that they would be remotely viewed/read using a transponder and that microwaves would be used. My first contact with 'Irish Water' was not good. They said that the frequency the water meters operated on ( 868 ?) was not a microwave frequency but the same as the radio waves when you turn on your radio. The front page of one of the ES-UK newsletters put me right. When I rang the company back saying that they were giving out misinformation the girl said that they ( employees) were instructed to read the information given to them by the company.

I've now been told there is no opt out - and that the meters are safe because they run on batteries plus they will only be read 4 times a year.

I have given them a non-consent and liability form - but I don't know what I can do if they go ahead with it. Because the council installed water meters in my road 6 years ago the company maintain that the council have been remotely reading the meters all along using microwaves.

I have seen a video on youtube showing how the microwave radiation travels up along the pipes and into the home.

These are smart meters - aren't they?

ericgeneric
# Posted: 25 Oct 2013 12:31

A lot of the roads in the South East of England (and most likely futher north too) are being dug up this year. The Water firms have signs up saying it's to improve the quality of their service, or some such thing. Replacing pipes, yada yada. If I hadn't seen the heads-up in a recent ES-UK newsletter about these smart water-meters, I'd have assumed it was no more than putting new pipes in. But they're taking 20+ weeks to do just one stretch of road in most places.

There is definitely not enough discussion about these water meters; perhaps everyone's concentrating on the smart energy meters because they're more imminent, they are actually in people's homes, and maybe if they try to block them being implemented, they can then move onto stopping the water ones...I don't know.

EG.

alex
# Posted: 25 Oct 2013 18:41

EG,

The same thing is being said about this roll-out, that it will replace old pipes etc and they public are being reassured they are perfectly safe.

If the radiation can travel along the pipes then the water inside the pipes ( and microwaves work through water molecules) is also contaminated.

How safe is that ? Not content with blasting us from the air, through walls, wiring etc they now want to channel it through house plumbing and contaminate the water as well.

For decades governments and the Industry quoted the WHO as saying microwave radiation is safe - however when the WHO says it is carcinogenic the criminally behaving government/Industry choose to ignore it as if the classification does not exist.

Doesn't seem to matter that they are poisoning us in to extinction, as long as the military can play their war games, government coffers stay full of blood money, and Industry shareholders stay happy that's all that counts. I know homo sapiens are not the brightest but this stupidity beats all.

ericgeneric
# Posted: 25 Oct 2013 21:14

For decades governments and the Industry quoted the WHO as saying microwave radiation is safe - however when the WHO says it is carcinogenic the criminally behaving government/Industry choose to ignore it as if the classification does not exist.

Actually, it's worse than that. No sooner had WHO classified it as carcinogenic, than the lobbyists in Government forced them to overturn that decision.

EG.

agnes
# Posted: 1 Nov 2013 01:58

Hi all.
A new development from Australia, pls. Hold Your Horses all from the UK and Ireland and read the article.
So, here goes:

UN Ruling on public participation on environmental issues has implications for the smart meter rollout in Europe
Article 7 of the UN Aarhus Convention requires full and effective public participation on all environmental issues and demands that citizens are given the right to participate in the process and achieve justice on environmental matters. As of 2 April 2013, there were 46 Parties to the Convention. This takes in most of Western Europe and many of the former Eastern European former Soviet bloc nations.

Considering that the UK and Ireland are two of the signatories to this convention, while smart meters are being rolled out in these countries with no consultation or input from the public, perhaps this could also be considered a violation of Article 7? Australia is not a signatory to the convention but at least it can be said that the current Victorian forced smart meter rollout is in contravention with a UN Convention on human rights.
http://www.mast-victims.org/index.php?content=news&action=view&type=newsitem&id=6220

(..SNIP..) Read the full article on EMFacts blog via source link below...

http://www.emfacts.com/2013/10/un-ruling-on-public-participation-on-environmental-iss ues-has-implications-for-the-smart-meter-rollout-in-europe/

Thank you Don Maisch. we owe you.
Best regards.
Agnes

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
You can post anonymously by entering a nickname with no password (if that nickname has not been taken by another member) or by leaving both fields empty. If you have an account you can also log in from this page without posting a message.

These forums are running on forum software miniBB™ © 2001-2022