- Forums - Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -
www.mast-victims.org forum / General discussion / Cancer patient's leg kept alive attached to his arm
ericgeneric
# Posted: 4 Mar 2014 01:42

From the news page:

"In a revolutionary 18-hour operation, surgeons at Newcastle's Freeman Hospital have saved the life of a man with cancer using part of his leg which they had attached to his arm to keep it alive.

The surgery - believed by the hospital to be the first of its kind in the UK - involved amputating one of Ian McGregor's legs and using his calf to cover the area where a tumour had been removed."

As Agnes rightly points out, Why do you get cancer in the top of your thigh? Now, where do you keep your mobile? ....

Every day this rubbish is pumped out in the media, celebrating some latest amazing achievement of modern medicine...people with 3G-controlled heart monitors, how to make yourself better with an iPad, and now this. Nowhere is it questioned how or why someone would get cancer in the spot where most people keep their (switched-on, EMR-pulsing) smartphone. Nowhere at all. Just marvel at the ability of doctors to turn us into Frankensteins.

And we thought the Cybermen in Dr Who were fiction.

EG.

Torment
# Posted: 12 Mar 2014 12:45

Ericgeneric, I saw this reported on the news and immediately thought mobile phone....also it has become fashionable to slip your mobile into your bra and there is a picture of a young woman with a mobile phone tucked into the top of her bikini shorts...and over her right ovary! this from a campaigning group for safety.

I am in a permanent state of shock over the madness in the world....so much for the mobile phone warning about keeping your phone a certain distance from your body.....As cigarette packaging becomes less appealing, perhaps mobile phones should be made less appealing...instead of pandering to everything humans are attracted to....and all carefully designed to get people hooked with the power of advertising...personally I think the whole wireless thing needs to be stopped.

I'm a bit of a fan of Dr Who and there have been several story lines which have had me thinking of the whole wireless situation....for instance there was one about the internet....perhaps I was reading between the lines and came up with my interpretation based on my experience.

ericgeneric
# Posted: 12 Mar 2014 13:05

I've wondered that myself, as over the decades Dr Who writers have often used the medium to convey ideas of either caution or subversion. I know the more recent episodes you mean (Age of Steel and Bells Of St. John), and in fact I wrote about it on my blog at the time:

"The subtext here is presumably that the blanket of radiation we're living in day and night as we try to work, rest and play is completely harmless...until a demented baddie gets hold of it and tries to do nasty things to our impossibly cute new female companion.

For a sci-fi premise of "good-thing-used-against-humanity-to harm-them" to make its point, the concept has to involve a good thing in the first place. All the mounting scientific and anecdotal evidence across the entire globe suggest that wi-fi, and all its various guises (4G, smart grids, The Internet Of Things) is quite clearly NOT a good thing. For any of us, or anything on the planet. Trees, insects, animals. Even the weather.

So, are the makes of Dr. Who genuinely ignorant of any problems concerning wi-fi, or how the technology operates in a way that harms everything it comes into contact with? Or is it a neat little piece of diversionary misinformation, designed to subtly equate wi-fi dangers with far-fetched ideas of alien masterplans on a TV show in the impressionable minds of those watching?

The show has in fact been here before, several years ago with The Age Of Steel, when the Cybermen took control of humanity/society via the bluetooth headsets people (still) wear. Is it a subversive way for well-intentioned writers to warn of the perils, or a way of dismissing genuine issues with the technology, which are very real and not some crazed alien psycopath's doing?

Does this kind of plot, using wi-fi or bluetooth in a popular, mainstream sci-fi/fantasy programme do more harm than good? Because the odds are surely that joe public will associate the bad side of this technology with a piece of fantasy, instead of the real-world problems it is causing to all of us, everyday of our lives?"

EG.

Henrik
Admin
# Posted: 12 Mar 2014 15:39

ericgeneric,

It goes further back than that. In the "Dalek Collection" DVD set there's a Dr WHO movie from 1966 called "Invasion Earth 2150AD" where humans are turned into remote-controlled "robomen" (mindless slaves) by fitting what looks like a mobile transmitter/receiver to their heads, like shown in this screenshot (click to enlarge):
Robomen

In another scene, one of the main rebel/resistance characters is sneaking past Dalek guards and passes a large wall poster saying "HARP" without any apparent context.

Coincidence? probably, but a fun movie nevertheless.

Update: In the trivia section for "Invasion Earth" in the Internet Movie Database, it says this about posters in the movie:

As well as Sugar Puffs ("The honeyest cereal of them all!") many other real-life companies and brand-names can be seen in both 1966 and 2150. These include Castrol Oil, Thomas Cook's travel, Player's and Bristol Brand cigarettes, Lyon's Maid ice cream, Heinz soup, Baron Otard cognac, Harp lager, Del Monte tinned foods, BOAC, Air India and newspapers "Daily Sketch" and "Evening News".

So that's the poster link to HAARP debunked there I guess - unless Daleks have taken control of IMDB and put fake trivia bits in there to steer us away from their diabolical plans for world extermination.

ericgeneric
# Posted: 12 Mar 2014 21:28 - Edited by: ericgeneric

And going even further back, Tomb Of The Cybermen (and its chilling 21st Century audio-play sequel Spare Parts) also have unnerving similarities to today's society and the need for reliance on machinery and bionic augmentation to survive in the Earth's environment.

EG.

torment
# Posted: 13 Mar 2014 19:46

Do you remember the episodes with Derek Jacobi, when he said he could hear the drumming and that it was getting closer.

I could hear a drumming noise(pulsed microwaves?), at first it seemed further away and then one day I could hear it right here in the valley where I live, it made my blood run cold and it's been getting worse ever since. Some people can hear it and some cannot..Now it's more of a thundering.

I think one of your own members has a description on your personal stories thread and describes a thundering noise...I think it may be resonator.

And there are the stone angels....blink, there it is under your noise....bit like comms masts when I think of it....and out to do you harm.

It's all got me thinking about whoever has written these episodes and whether or not the writer has some sort personal experience of our particlar nightmare.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Image Link  URL Link 

» Username  » Password 
You can post anonymously by entering a nickname with no password (if that nickname has not been taken by another member) or by leaving both fields empty. If you have an account you can also log in from this page without posting a message.

These forums are running on online community software miniBB™ © 2001-2020