|«Latest ‹Forward News item: 1541 Back› Oldest»|
|Are Microwaves a / the Major Causal Factor in CFS / ME?|
|Japan||Created: 10 Apr 2007|
Are Microwaves a/the Major Causal Factor in CFS/ME? by Art Kab.
1. The symptoms of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome mimic those of what the Russians have termed "Radio Wave Illness" but also known as "Microwave Sickness."
2. Outbreaks of "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome" or "Yuppie Flu" suddenly became widespread in the mid 80s just as commercial cellular phone networks were being set up in the United States and other parts of the world.
3. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and a number of other similar syndromes (Autism, ADHD, Alzheimer's, etc.) increased exponentially in the early 1990s with the advent and spread of digital (2G) cellular phone technology.
4. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Autism, and ADHD are found to be more prevalent in countries with a plethora of cell phone networks and electrosmog present while being just about absent in those countries with few like Myanmar, Nepal, Bhutan, and Laos which have been late to implement cell phone technology. (These disease states are also extremely rare among the Amish - who due to religious beliefs do not use electricity.)
5. Microwaves have been shown in studies to induce Oxidative Damage leading to a decrease in Super Oxide Dimutase (SOD), catalase, glutathione, CoQ10 along with evidence of increased byproducts of oxidative stress to cell membranes, MDA. Oxidative damage has been found to be a major factor in CFS and people with CFS consistently found to be depleted in the above body's natural antioxidents.
6. Exposure to microwaves and other EMFs is known to abnormally affect calcium flux into and out of cells. This is also a abnormality found in people with CFS/ME.
7. Mitochondria Disfunction - shown to be induced by microwave exposure - is also an abnormality found in CFS/ME.
8. Red blood cells (erythrocytes) are altered and their count decreased by exposure to microwave radiation. Red blood cells are responsible for transporting oxygen to and carbon dioxide away from cells in the brain and other organs of the body. Lack of oxygen to the brain and other organs can result in brain fog, inability to concentrate, dizziness, and nausea - symptoms found in CFS; they are also interestingly found in altitude sickness due to hypoxia or a lack of oxygen being transported to the tissues in the brain and other organs.
9. Microwaves have been shown in studies to induce a decrease in the numbers of Natural Killer (NK) cells. Low numbers of NK Cells are found in People With Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (PWC), and are thought to be responsible for the reactivation of viral and other infections found in PWC.
10. In workers occupationally exposed long-term to microwaves a lower value of T-helper/T-suppressor (T4/T8) ratio were found. PWC have a lower than normal ratio of T4/T8.
11. EMF exposure has been shown to effect an increase in viruses, bacteria, mold, parasites, and yeast in the blood of the human host. These pathogens are all commonly found in PWC.
12. Microwaves have been shown in studies to induce "subliminal" stress causing the adrenals to excrete more cortisone and adrenaline eventually leading to adrenal exhaustion. Adrenal exhaustion is a major factor in CFS.
13. Studies have shown a decrease 5-HT in the blood of those exposed to microwaves. 5-HT is a precursor to the production of serotonin. Low levels of serotonin have been linked to anxiety and depression. Anxiety and depression are symptoms commonly found in People With CFS (PWC).
14. Microwaves are known to induce a decrease in norepinephrine levels. Norepinephrine is essential for control of the autonomous nervous system. The autonomous nervous system is known to be affected in people with CFS - and in Japan, people with CFS (PWC) are now often also diagnosed as having the now extremely common Autonomous Nervous System Disorder (jiritsushinkeishichosho). Norepinephrine is also connected with short-term memory disturbances and depression, both of which are found in PWC.
15. Melatonin production is altered by exposure to microwaves. Melatonin is an antioxidant necessary for sleep. Melatonin is believed to be altered in CFS with irregular sleep patterns and insomnia symptoms associated with CFS.
16. Dopamine levels are also known to be affected by microwave radiation exposure. PWC have been found to often have low levels of dopamine with decreased dopamine being linked to depression, a symptoms also found in PWC.
17. Decreases in the hormone Acetylcholine - known to be induced by exposure to EMR - is an abnormality also found in CFS/ME.
18. People with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome usually feel better at night (in spite of sleep problems) - when there are less people using their cell phones and hence less electrosmog.
19. Some EMF frequencies have been shown to induce restlessness. PWC often complain of restlessness and many have a condition called restless leg syndrome (RLS).
20. It has been documented that people who have had a cell phone tower installed near their homes suddenly start having the following symptoms: headaches, dizziness, inability to concentrate, memory problems, fatigue, worsening vision, swollen lymph nodes, nausea, and decreased appetite. All these symptoms have been found in people with CFS.
21. It has been found in CFS (and Autism) via SPECT scans that there is decreased blood flow to the brain. Studies have shown that electromagnetic fields (EMF), like those emitted by cell phones, alter regional cerebral blood flow.
22. Microwaves have been shown to alter blood coagulation. People with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome often have a coagulation dysfunction.
23. PWC often suffer from allergies. Allergies involve the production of histamine by mast cells. Microwaves have been known to turn on mast cells to produce more histamine and other EMFs have been to shown to actually increase the number of mast cells in the body. Microwaves have also been found to increase IgE antibodies in people with atopic eczema.
24. Low Blood Pressure (hypotension) is known to be caused by microwave exposure and it is also a symptom found in CFS/ME.
25. Microwaves are also known to adversely affect the heart. People with CFS usually go on to develop heart problems in the later stages of their illness.
26. Studies have shown an adverse effect of microwaves on the eyes. PWC often complain of problems with their eyes and vision deterioration.
27. It is known that microwaves and other EMR alter the pineal gland's production of melatonin and serotonin which - among other actions - regulate the body's biocycles. People with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome usually have a dysfunctional pineal gland.
28. Nitric Oxide buildup - a byproduct of microwave exposure - is also found in CFS.
29. An opening of the Blood Brain Barrier (BBB) - shown to be induced by microwave radiation exposure - is also found in PWC/ME.
30. Six thousand German doctors - many specializing in Environmental Medicine - have signed the Freidburger Appeal - after the government failed to act - since they have noticed a correlation between a microwave exposure by cell phones and cell phone towers and a number of symptoms, many of which are found in CFS/ME.
31. There have been a number of anecdotal accounts from PWC/ME who have cured themselves or eliminated many of their symptoms by reducing their exposure to or removing themselves from an electromagnetic environment.
Having said that I think that all this evidence is pretty substantial. Isn't it time for good people to stand up and say something in numbers, to stand up and do something together?
"Somehow these dangers must be brought into the open so forcefully that the entire population of the world is made aware of them. Scientists must begin to ask and seek answers tot he questions raised in this chapter, regardless of the effect on their careers [emphasis mine]. These energies are too dangerous to me entrusted forever to politicians, military leaders, and their lapdog researchers." (Becker, 1985, p. 328)
Hence, in examining the pieces of the puzzle called CFS and connecting those pieces to the research on the effects of microwave radiation and other EMR, the overwhelming evidence presented in this paper seems to answer the question, "Are microwaves and other EMR a causal factor in CFS/ME?" with a definite and reverberating "Yes."
It shall be interesting to see how those who make their living through the business and politics of denial, deciet, deception, will try to spin the facts. The truth of the matter is that the present ambient level of EMR in our environment is dangerous and is making too many of us sick. It is time we moved from denial to acceptance, from ignorance to awareness, and apathy to action.
By 1971, when they presented their work at a momentous conference in Warsaw, Zinaida V. Gordon and Maria N. Sadchikova of the USSR Institute of Labor Hygiene and Occupational Diseases had identified a comprehensive series of symptoms, which they called microwave sickness. Its first signs are low blood pressure and slow pulse. The latter and most common manifestations are chronic excitation of the sympathetic nervous system (stress syndrome) and high blood pressure.
This phase also often includes headaches, dizziness, eye pain, sleepiness, irritability, anxiety, stomach pain, nervous tension, inability to concentrate, hair loss, plus an increased incidence of appendicitis, cataracts, reproductive problems and cancer. The chronic symptoms are succeeded by crises of adrenal exhaustion and ischemic HEART DISEASE [emphasis added] (blockage of coronary arteries and heart attack). pp.314-315
Heart-attack rates in North Karelia and Kuopio, Finland, became the highest (and most swiftly increasing) in the world within a few years after the Soviets installed a gigantic over-the-horizon radar complex that bounced microwaves off the surface of Lake Ladoga and throughout these parts of south-eastern Finland.
"The Body Electric"
Art Kab, Associate Professor, Kyushu University, 27th July 2006
|Click here to view the source article.|
|Source: Art Kab / Next-up org.|
|«Latest ‹Forward News item: 1541 Back› Oldest»|